mindreader

Murfreesboro, TN

#21 May 14, 2010
Larry Dale Conatser wrote:
You need to verify what information is given to you. Most public records about me is wrong. I have never used the name Larwence, yet it is everywhere. On many family trees they list my great-granddad as being married to a Westmoreland. This is impossible because James shows on the Censuses at two places at the same time. As best as I can tell my great-grandfather would be Albert's uncle. There is a lot of confusion. So a word of caution. Verify, verify, and verify.
My sisterinlaw 's father was Albert Conatser born about 1891,his parents were George Conatser and Rebecca Mathews,his grand parents were David Conatser and Genneta Beaty and his great grand father was John Balser Conatser. This is what I have in my Familytree data base,as you say sometimes there are mistakes.Albert had a sister named Rosseta and a 20 year older brother named James Hiram Conatser ,and my sisterinlaw mentioned her uncle Jim and aunt Rosseta.
Mike

Jamestown, TN

#22 Aug 29, 2010
Do you know where David Conatser and Genneta Beaty are buried?I know George and Rebecca are buried at Allardt Cem.Does she have any imformation on David Dewitt & Luella Conatser? David Dewitt was George's younger brother.If you know where David Dewitt is buried please let me know,also his parents David and Genneta, Also what part of tn. was Luella from. Love to know anything about this. Thanks.
mindreader

Murfreesboro, TN

#23 Aug 31, 2010
I will see what I can find out.
janey Mary Jane

Cincinnati, OH

#24 Sep 21, 2010
digginupbones wrote:
My great-great-grandmother was Mary Jane (Conatser) Livingston. Her parents were Philip and Melissa Conatser. Philip's parents were David and Elizabeth (Reagan) Conatser. Philip had a brother, John Palser Conatser, who fought in the Civil War. Do any of those names sound familiar? I realize there are many Conatsers in TN, but I wasn't sure where to start. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.
My great grandmother was Mary Jane Conatser, I was named for her, we have absolutely no information on that side of the family, not sure if it's the same one, we're from Crossville, Tn., grandmother was Flora Olive Story, married Alford Keaton Beaty. Interestingly, was at a family reunion (other side of the family) and saw signs for a Conatser family reunion at the same park, we were going to stop in afterward, but they'd already gone.
My family was CONATSER

Nancy, KY

#25 Dec 25, 2010
I am a Conatser I like to find out more about this my Pa was Floyd Conatser and My Ganny was a Peavyhouse from little crab Tn. Does anybody know I love to find out more about my Family Thanks alot........ I am from Albany Ky
My family was CONATSER

Nancy, KY

#26 Dec 25, 2010
Avo Peavyhouse Conatser
John McDonald

Traverse City, MI

#27 Jan 16, 2011
Larry Dale Conatser wrote:
I have Ancestry.com . I looked up the name William Conatser. I came up with a 1860 District 11, Fentress, Tennessee Census record. It shows an Andrew Conatser who is 50. Also there is a William who is 23. I believe that this Andrew is the son of John Palser Conatser. William might be his son. I often check work done by a Bruce York. I have found most of his work is accurate. It is hard to get correct records at this period. My great-grandfather is a James Conatser. There are dozens of James Conatsers during this period. I had a hard time verifying which James Conatser was my my great-grandfather.
Thanks Larry I have been in touch with Bruce on the William Conatser problem and the 1860 is the correct family but the problem is I cant find a date of death for this william or what happened to his wife Winnie Ledbetter . I have ordered the civil War Pension but it turned out to be his cousin William Conatser who lived next door who was the son of Philip and Mary and husband of Sarah J Mullinix. This pension is for his daughter Mary Jane Conatser. But there is a James Conatser in the History of Fentress county who found indian bones on his farm . Your right there are a lot of the same names in this family. My brothers in law are James Conatser , William Conatser and David Conatser the father was William as was his there are also a lot of Andrews .
Tabitha

Sharpsville, IN

#28 Mar 5, 2011
I am too looking for Conatser Family. My Grandmother is Joan Conatser.She is from Mcminnville TN. She was married to Jack Allen Driver.Her parents was Witten Bates Conatser,Mom was Jessie Lee Bain.(don't forsure about the Bain). But if you or anyone can help that would be great.
Grace Schwartz

Sacramento, CA

#29 Mar 10, 2011
mindreader wrote:
<quoted text>My sisterinlaw 's father was Albert Conatser born about 1891,his parents were George Conatser and Rebecca Mathews,his grand parents were David Conatser and Genneta Beaty and his great grand father was John Balser Conatser. This is what I have in my Familytree data base,as you say sometimes there are mistakes.Albert had a sister named Rosseta and a 20 year older brother named James Hiram Conatser ,and my sisterinlaw mentioned her uncle Jim and aunt Rosseta.
Larry Dale -George Conatser was married twice -James Hiram and David were born to Rebecca Matthews first marriage
The second one was Georage to Rebecca Massingale and they had Rosetta and Albert That is why Geroge was not in censes for period of time I am from the Matthews side and Rebecca was my grandfathers aunt. Nothing like the same name to get us confussed.
Have not been working on genealogy for awhile but getting back into it. I leave the z off my e-mail Grace
Wiliam Fite

Edwardsville, IL

#30 Apr 17, 2011
My Graet grandmother is Tennessee Elizabeth Conaster.
She was the daughter of Andrew Henry Conaster & Mary Huckeby.
She married James Austin Fite.
Does anyone have any pictures that they would be willing to share?
Thanks
Billy Fite
mindreader

Murfreesboro, TN

#31 Apr 23, 2011
Grace Schwartz wrote:
<quoted text>
Larry Dale -George Conatser was married twice -James Hiram and David were born to Rebecca Matthews first marriage
The second one was Georage to Rebecca Massingale and they had Rosetta and Albert That is why Geroge was not in censes for period of time I am from the Matthews side and Rebecca was my grandfathers aunt. Nothing like the same name to get us confussed.
Have not been working on genealogy for awhile but getting back into it. I leave the z off my e-mail Grace
I can't read minds.I was using mindreader because I was aiding my neice inlaw(a conatser) against a well known troll on this site and for awhile she didn't know who I was.I was in genealogy as a hobby for a good while ,I did research on my wife's ancestors of Fentress Co.Tn.her half sister was a conatser.I am a native of Sevier county,Tn.I have lived in Blount Co.since 1965.So my sisterinlaw's grandmother was Rebecca Massingale.
William Fite

Belleville, IL

#32 May 15, 2011
Does any one have any pictures of Tennesse E#lizabeth Conaster Fite.
Or any of her parents or other relatives.
Thanks
Bill Bite
melissa driver

Oak Ridge, TN

#33 Feb 27, 2012
Are you related to wayne conaster he was living in mcminnville tn when he died. my aunt was his girlfriend for a while her name is pauline (Polly) neal. my dad was jack driver.
REVOLUTIONARY war

Chattanooga, TN

#34 Sep 4, 2012
He was in the Revolutionary War, not the Civil. He died in 1830, that would've made it a bit hard to have fought in the Civil War ;)

http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.c...
Tabitha Snoke

Lexington, KY

#35 Sep 5, 2012
melissa driver wrote:
Are you related to wayne conaster he was living in mcminnville tn when he died. my aunt was his girlfriend for a while her name is pauline (Polly) neal. my dad was jack driver.
Was your dad Jack Allen Driver?
8-3-1939 - 11-3-1995
Tabitha Snoke

Lexington, KY

#36 Sep 6, 2012
Tabitha Snoke wrote:
<quoted text>
Was your dad Jack Allen Driver?
8-3-1939 - 11-3-1995
He was my grandfather,that I never met.My grandmother is Joan Conatser.They had 6 kids together. My mother is Pamela Sue Driver.

Since: Sep 12

Lexington, KY

#37 Sep 6, 2012
melissa driver wrote:
Oh and my grandmother (Joan Conatser) had a brother named Wayne Conatser who lived in McMinnville TN. Plus she has other brothers named Winford and Paul Conatser.
gldavidson911

Greenville, OH

#38 Jun 26, 2013
digginupbones wrote:
My great-great-grandmother was Mary Jane (Conatser) Livingston. Her parents were Philip and Melissa Conatser. Philip's parents were David and Elizabeth (Reagan) Conatser. Philip had a brother, John Palser Conatser, who fought in the Civil War. Do any of those names sound familiar? I realize there are many Conatsers in TN, but I wasn't sure where to start. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.
In 1738 Maria Konatser and Myrer (charming Nancy)came to this country from Germany.Konatser's wife died on the ocean,John Palser changed his name to American spelling. One of the children wound up in Fentress Co. one in Wayne Co. and one on Overton Co.John Palser Conatser was born in 1750 and fought in the Revolutionary War.John father was George Christopher. Elizabeth Conatser's mother is Mary Ann Wood and her Dad was Philip Conatser. Elizabeth is my great grandmother.My email address is gldavidson911@gmail.com Kenny Stiltz in Jamestown can give you more info. Most of mine are close to correct.
gldavidson911

Greenville, OH

#39 Jun 26, 2013
thanks
honey bee

Jamestown, TN

#40 Jul 9, 2013
i am the great great granddaughter of william i copley and rosetta potter. my anut was elva and sid conaster. my grand parents where alvie and copley and dorthy mccoy william i and rosetta potter copley have 11 children john, albert, allen, elbert kingsley, elvert, aloy ella, potter mary willard. elva william copley s mother was a brannon. can you help me find the rest

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fentress County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rental properties next to home and land owners Sep 15 garret 1
Koger tased after fighting K-9, resistina Sep 6 DeDominicis 3
fair pageant winner an top 5 Aug '14 country girl 1
\Election??? Aug '14 taxpayer 2
U.S. 127 Yard Sale set for Aug. 7-10 Aug '14 It is me 2
Morgan County mom says toddler son who died in ... Jul '14 justiceagaisntbab... 1
Fentress County Deputy terminated after a Jun '14 DeDominicis 1

Fentress County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE