Conatser family of Fentress Co., TN

Posted in the Fentress County Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Mar 08

Kennett, MO

#1 Mar 21, 2008
I am researching my family history, and I'm looking for any members of the Conatser family who could help provide information and/or pictures on our ancestors. I would appreciate any help . . .
DALESGAL

United States

#2 Apr 18, 2008
Depending on which ones you are looking for...My mothers side of the family are Conatsers and Copleys and Tinch.

Since: Mar 08

Kennett, MO

#3 Apr 19, 2008
My great-great-grandmother was Mary Jane (Conatser) Livingston. Her parents were Philip and Melissa Conatser. Philip's parents were David and Elizabeth (Reagan) Conatser. Philip had a brother, John Palser Conatser, who fought in the Civil War. Do any of those names sound familiar? I realize there are many Conatsers in TN, but I wasn't sure where to start. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.
Caring Person

Columbia, SC

#4 Jun 20, 2008
Look I wqill get back to you on this. I need to go over some of my paper work.John Palser Conatser and his two brothers came to Fentress County together. That is where the start of the Conatsers begin in Jamestown. They were one of the first families that settled in Fentress County.The Library here is full of imformation on this.
Other Tale

Murfreesboro, TN

#5 Sep 22, 2009
digginupbones wrote:
My great-great-grandmother was Mary Jane (Conatser) Livingston. Her parents were Philip and Melissa Conatser. Philip's parents were David and Elizabeth (Reagan) Conatser. Philip had a brother, John Palser Conatser, who fought in the Civil War. Do any of those names sound familiar? I realize there are many Conatsers in TN, but I wasn't sure where to start. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.
Go to tngen counties and click on Fentress Co.Tn and you will find Bruce York's data base about almost all the ancestor names in Fentress Co.are in his data base then of course you will need to vefify.
sean

Hilton Head Island, SC

#6 Oct 15, 2009
looking for information on a johnny wright that has gotten out of prision. Can anyone confirm if this is true.
Carl

Jamestown, TN

#7 Nov 22, 2009
Yes Johnny Wright did get out of prison a few months back. What has this got to do with the Conatsers?
country hunny

Livingston, TN

#8 Dec 14, 2009
have you tryed ancster.com
Friend

Jamestown, TN

#9 Jan 22, 2010
You can also just punch in John Palser Conatser on your computer and lots of stuff will come up.
Tnrr

Murfreesboro, TN

#10 Jan 31, 2010
The best data on the families of Fentress and joining counties is at roots webb on Bruce York's familytree data.you can find this on the fentress co.site at tngenweb.com My sister-in-law was a Conatser and I did some research on the Conatsers,the name was Knortser at first when they came to Penn.from Germany and John came to Fentress Co.Tn I writting this from memory ,I believe his son David was the ancestor of the Fentress Co.conatsers and I believe one of David's brothers went to Sevier Co.tn .The Sevier Co.ones spell their name Connatser.Go to Yorks Data base at RootsWebb and you will get lots of data
kermiatta conatser

Jackson, TN

#11 Feb 1, 2010
i believe your talking about my family
John McDonald

Traverse City, MI

#12 Mar 7, 2010
From what I have seen John Palser Conatser (Johann Baltazer Knortzer after anglicizing) fought at the battle of Kings Mountain In the revolution he would have been 115 at the time of the Civil war, he also signed on at Knoxville to fight the Indians for 6 months before going to Wayne KY and then onto Fentress.
There is a great quote in the "History of fentress county" where president McKinley received a gift of a John Palser's powder horn from George Conatser . I would recite it but I wouldn't do it justice it is worth the read. But I do have a question for somebody. My Wife's Great Great grandfather was William Conatser from Fentress and there were two Williams that fought for the union does anybody know if he fought for the 9th or the 11th ? he was the son of Andrew Conatser born 1839. any help would be appreciated.
Customer

Jamestown, TN

#13 Apr 3, 2010
Push in John Palser Conatser plus Tn. and you can get alot of imfo.
Larry Dale Conatser

Boynton Beach, FL

#14 Apr 10, 2010
I am a real Conatser. I can get you some true information.
Larry Dale Conatser

Boynton Beach, FL

#15 Apr 10, 2010
I do not live in Boynton Beach.FL. This is a problem. There is much misinformation.
Larry Dale Conatser

Boynton Beach, FL

#16 Apr 10, 2010
i take genealogy serious. If you can not get my home town right, I have doubts as to how serious you are about genealogy.
Sandra Conatser

United States

#17 Apr 25, 2010
There is a John Palser Conatser b.1740 married
Abigail, son of George Christoph Knortzer and
Anna Marecretta Upp with one sibling.
Also there is a John nmn Conatser b. 1839 to
Andrew and Mary Connatser with 11 siblings.
Larry Dale Conatser

Boynton Beach, FL

#18 May 12, 2010
I have Ancestry.com . I looked up the name William Conatser. I came up with a 1860 District 11, Fentress, Tennessee Census record. It shows an Andrew Conatser who is 50. Also there is a William who is 23. I believe that this Andrew is the son of John Palser Conatser. William might be his son. I often check work done by a Bruce York. I have found most of his work is accurate. It is hard to get correct records at this period. My great-grandfather is a James Conatser. There are dozens of James Conatsers during this period. I had a hard time verifying which James Conatser was my my great-grandfather.
bob

Murfreesboro, TN

#19 May 12, 2010
Larry Dale Conatser wrote:
I have Ancestry.com . I looked up the name William Conatser. I came up with a 1860 District 11, Fentress, Tennessee Census record. It shows an Andrew Conatser who is 50. Also there is a William who is 23. I believe that this Andrew is the son of John Palser Conatser. William might be his son. I often check work done by a Bruce York. I have found most of his work is accurate. It is hard to get correct records at this period. My great-grandfather is a James Conatser. There are dozens of James Conatsers during this period. I had a hard time verifying which James Conatser was my my great-grandfather.
Who was the father of your great grand father ,and did your great grand father have a brother named Albert .
Larry Dale Conatser

Boynton Beach, FL

#20 May 13, 2010
You need to verify what information is given to you. Most public records about me is wrong. I have never used the name Larwence, yet it is everywhere. On many family trees they list my great-granddad as being married to a Westmoreland. This is impossible because James shows on the Censuses at two places at the same time. As best as I can tell my great-grandfather would be Albert's uncle. There is a lot of confusion. So a word of caution. Verify, verify, and verify.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fentress County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jeremy Wright Dec 12 Brandon Crump 1
dr. doug smith.....appointments (Jan '08) Oct '14 jbg 16
Rental properties next to home and land owners Sep '14 garret 1
Koger tased after fighting K-9, resistina Sep '14 DeDominicis 3
fair pageant winner an top 5 Aug '14 country girl 1
\Election??? Aug '14 taxpayer 2
U.S. 127 Yard Sale set for Aug. 7-10 Aug '14 It is me 2
More from around the web