Pine Haven School told by Mike Jones to take down Ten Commandments.

Posted in the Fentress County Forum

Comments
1 - 11 of 11 Comments Last updated Apr 1, 2014
Concerned

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2012

Judged:

Has anyone else heard about this. It is sad when one teacher can complain and have this much power over our school superintendent. This is the devil at work. Lets wake up Fentress Co. If this teacher does not believe in God let her go back to where they came from. May God have mercy on all involved
Randy

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2012

Judged:

i donot live in fentress county and im not very good at typing so to the point i have a lot of friends in fentress co we as a nation have let a hand full of people ruin this nation if someone pulls up beside you at a redlight with a boombox wide open i guess that is supposet to be alright but if they hear ill fly away on your radio they can have you aressted WHAT A MESS i hope God lets me stand behind these people on judgement day i want to hear them beg him for mercy spelling NOT GOOD PUNCUATION NOT GOOD SALVATION PRICELESS
Susan H

Crossville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2012

Somebody at Pine Haven NEEDS to contact AllianceDefenseFund.org ASAP to help-they will defend the school and students rights-they are a great organization that my husband and I as concerned Christians have contributed too every year,esp since the current administration in Washington continues to remove God and Christianity from as much as they possibly can! Blessings,Pine Haven
nancy cooper

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2012

the children and young adult need to know what the ten commandment say and mean. please do not take this away from our children. they took whipping them away, that is why we have so many killings in schools today. if i had got hold of my fathers gums . i would not been able to seat for quite some time. thank god for my christian parents.
Brian Westley

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2012

Judged:

Public schools have to be neutral on religion. None of the previous commenters have respect for the religious rights of other people.
Independent voter

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2012

Brian Westley wrote:
Public schools have to be neutral on religion. None of the previous commenters have respect for the religious rights of other people.
The ten commandments are not a threat to any religion,they were given to Moses by God.They are common sense as how we should treat one another,they are not a threat to the non believers.I agree that we can't have prayer in public schools because of the many different beliefs,We can see what happens when religion is in the government and schools in some countries.The atheists and cival liberty union are trying to destroy christianity,but they are scared to death of the Moslems.
Separation of C and S

Export, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

This community is in a lot of trouble, times are changing..the word is out! You all made headlines in a national magazine today (Church and State), people are waking up to the discrimination that is going on in your schools! We are NOT a Christian nation and you can not use our tax payer monies to advocate for your choice of religion. By posting the 10 commandments you are violating my child's and other children's rights. You are forcing your beliefs on others, not vis versa. The Supreme Court said so, and history will tell..you are on the losing side (once again as the south often is), and we the MAJORITY of AMERICANS will win! BTW if the 10 Commandments are no harm then you open the door to those "Moslems" posting whatever Commandments they want if they become the majority in a school in the USA-nice spelling BTW- see what a great job that educational system is doing in your town!
Honest Abe

Harriman, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Teach the Ten Commandments to your children at home better yet, in church, if they are not aloud in schools.

Mike Jones did not want to take them out,federal law made him.

If everyone lived by the Ten Commandments,we would not need lawyers,police,military jails or judges.
Former PHS student

Chickamauga, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2014

I love how small minded people like Brian Westley misinterpret the 'seperation of church and state' clause. It never was intended to exclude religion from gov't and public buildings. It was intended to prevent the government from forming a national religion like the Church of England. Why hasn't this teacher's tenure been revoked?
memyself

Gainesboro, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2014

Why does the 10 commandments offend so many people, it is not downing anyone's religious beliefs, and I think I children should be taught at home by their parents, but alot of children don't have that kind of life. So it is a good thing for them to see the ten commandments, who knows it just might affect ones decision on something that they may or may not have been thinking about doing. As long as the teachers and school workers are not forcing them down their throat, then what does it hurt to have them up. Children pay more attention to things than adults give them credit for.
Naked_Boar_Hunte r

Lenoir City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2014

Displaying the Ten Commandments amounts to endorsing them by the government. That is prohibited in the separation of church and state.

If you want your kids to be influenced by religious teachings, it should be done at home or in church. You certainly cannot rely on government entities to do so. Especially considering the different flavors of Christianity even in local regions... do you want your kids influenced by a Latter Day Saints variety if Christianity?

No, best to do it at home where you have some input into what they are taught.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Fentress County Discussions

Search the Fentress County Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Morgan County mom says toddler son who died in ... Jul 11 justiceagaisntbabykillers 1
Fentress County Deputy terminated after a Jun '14 DeDominicis 1
Officals will try to arrest 50+ people in Fentr... Jun '14 SAD 4
Former Fentress fire captain arrested Apr '14 ELY 1
baseball/tee ball tryouts Mar '14 Samantha Brown 1
Former Volunteer Firefighter Arrested In Fentre... Mar '14 Wayne Upchurch 14
Upper Cumberlan Veterans Cemetery Feb '14 John Q public 1
•••
•••