Jamestown seeks yard sale regulations

Jamestown seeks yard sale regulations

There are 32 comments on the WBIR-TV Knoxville story from Nov 10, 2009, titled Jamestown seeks yard sale regulations. In it, WBIR-TV Knoxville reports that:

The city of Jamestown is home to the Fentress County Chamber of Commerce, the official headquarters for the annual "World's Longest Yard Sale" on Highway 127.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WBIR-TV Knoxville.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
what

Jamestown, TN

#22 Nov 19, 2009
Okay give me a solution to the unemployment problem here. Stop crying the blues and do something. If you have the answers share them otherwise let our elected officials do their job. The reason they have to make changes and enforce them is you won't do it for yourselves. There not talking about taking your property if you don't clean it up. However there are plenty of places that do. I love that mentality (thats the way its been and thats the way its going to stay) You got used to electricity and cars so how about a little more change for the good. You just don't see that it could be for the good.
toast

Jamestown, TN

#23 Nov 19, 2009
what wrote:
Okay give me a solution to the unemployment problem here. Stop crying the blues and do something. If you have the answers share them otherwise let our elected officials do their job. The reason they have to make changes and enforce them is you won't do it for yourselves. There not talking about taking your property if you don't clean it up. However there are plenty of places that do. I love that mentality (thats the way its been and thats the way its going to stay) You got used to electricity and cars so how about a little more change for the good. You just don't see that it could be for the good.
Your the one talking about making jamestown, the new "opry".

Let me guess, you would hire people to walk around and write tickets, ordering them how to live ? Yep, there would be jobs, then. But I think MY government has too much power know. And must certainly, those on the front page, should have NO say so, in it... They and you, can only see your ambitions, and with that others shall be pushed aside. Like they are NOW, through a criminal organization called E911 address board.

They ARE changing things for people who arent even citizens. And they will continue as long as YOU stay mute.
what

Jamestown, TN

#24 Nov 19, 2009
So you can either embrace change and do something with or not. Just means it will take place here a little slower but it will happen. There are bigger forces at work here than you and I.
local voter

Jamestown, TN

#25 Nov 20, 2009
six states now ban clothes being dried on clothslines. this idiotic law doesnt suprise me.just a little more of your freedom taken away economic freedom free enterprise private enterprise its known as capitalism enjoy what freedom you have left.go for it lol.
what

Jamestown, TN

#26 Nov 20, 2009
Which states? So far I have only been able to find home owner associations where this has happened. Can you give me a link?
whatyyy

United States

#27 Nov 20, 2009
What about the road blocks the rescue squads and others do are they gonna charge them to. And those school fruit definitely needs to collect tax to. There are lots of opps out there. How about the girl scout cookies that are sold in this county. School pictures ball pictures entry fees to ball games, see the list goes on.
Taken Aback

Allardt, TN

#28 Nov 21, 2009
to the people of jamestown vote their sorry a** out of office..
john doe

Jamestown, TN

#29 Nov 22, 2009
well if the [email protected] economy wasnt so f'ing bad we woudnt have to have yardsales now would we....some people have to eat to live idk about you guys
sotrueee

Jamestown, TN

#30 Dec 4, 2009
ok if they make u have a permit to have yard sales,why in the hell dont they make some of these people clean up their dam yard.I have nasty neighbors and makes my house look like shit....so if gonna do their job, go county wide make dead beats clean it up.....
hkl

Jamestown, TN

#31 Dec 14, 2009
Fentress county is in need of a change. In case you all don't know all this really is about is greed. I mean I think we have more to worry about in this county besides someone having a damn yard sale. Gosh, this can really piss someone off. This is like being in 1st grade and fighting over a quarter. First of all, people need to get their heads out of their stuck up asses and look around. Yard sales are NOT our problem. If you think about it we need new people in office, that's our first step, our second step is bringing in more jobs, personally I think that with these new jobs it will keep people busy and keep a lot of people from getting on drugs. I mean come on people. How hard is it to fix up some of these old buildings in town and atleast make it look decent here. So quit complaining about the little guy, and let's start complaining where it counts!
Hey

Jamestown, TN

#32 Jan 22, 2010
I despise the 127 yard sale and wish they would make it against the law! It makes trying to go to work or anywhere else a hazard. In my opinion, being known as the place this nonsense originated from is not a badge of honor! As for the regular people having a yard sale several times a year, why not? With the unemployment rate so high every little bit helps.
Customer

Jamestown, TN

#33 Jan 22, 2010
I think it is ok to have a yard sale every once in a while. But I don't blame buisness's for being angry over the people selling new stuff weekly out of these storage buildings.Cause they are getting by without having to buy a licenes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fentress County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
how do people on probation still get away with ... Mar '16 wondering 1
News Human remains discovered in Fentress County Mar '16 Wondering 2
Melanie Stepp Lane now with DCS attorney Diamon... Mar '16 Steppwatcher 1
York coaches Feb '16 Otis Campbell 1
dr. doug smith.....appointments (Jan '08) Jan '16 Terminator power 21
Beware!!! Jan '16 Terminator power 3
Conatser family of Fentress Co., TN (Mar '08) Jan '16 A mom 55
More from around the web