York Institute to stay intact for 2 y...

York Institute to stay intact for 2 years

There are 18 comments on the WATE-TV Knoxville story from May 5, 2010, titled York Institute to stay intact for 2 years. In it, WATE-TV Knoxville reports that:

Democratic Caucus Chairman Mike Turner says the governor has agreed to fund the Alvin C. York Institute in Jamestown for two more years.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WATE-TV Knoxville.

Tennessee Boy

Knoxville, TN

#1 Jun 11, 2010
Bill Haslam has said that he will turn the scholl over to Fentress County or close it.
Eagle 1

Gainesboro, TN

#2 Sep 25, 2011
Tennessee Boy wrote:
Bill Haslam has said that he will turn the scholl over to Fentress County or close it.
When does YAI school get turned over to Fentress county?
Concerned

Jamestown, TN

#3 Sep 25, 2011
When and where does it say that Gov. Haslam is going to turn it back over to County.
answer

Cookeville, TN

#4 Sep 26, 2011
tn.gov ,State budget report
shablagoo

Buffalo Valley, TN

#5 Sep 26, 2011
oh, it'll happen. count on it.

really thought (well, at least HOPED) that haslam would be a better governor than this.
wow

Columbia, SC

#6 Sep 26, 2011
This is another reason that we don't need a justice system. Use the money for the school!
shablagoo

Buffalo Valley, TN

#7 Sep 26, 2011
wow wrote:
This is another reason that we don't need a justice system. Use the money for the school!
i think you mean justice CENTER, not justice SYSTEM.

but then again, maybe you ARE an anarchist, i dunno....
Rooster

Jamestown, TN

#8 Sep 26, 2011
shablagoo wrote:
<quoted text>
i think you mean justice CENTER, not justice SYSTEM.
but then again, maybe you ARE an anarchist, i dunno....
That will be 2012-13. Have you heard anymore about it
local voter

Columbia, SC

#9 Sep 28, 2011
Tennessee Boy wrote:
maybe the yorks will come to the rescue like they did for the termite hilton next door . 500:000 thrown away
CNN

Gainesboro, TN

#10 Sep 28, 2011
Eagle 1 wrote:
<quoted text>
When does YAI school get turned over to Fentress county?
Like the Weather Channel says "IT COULD HAPPEN TOMORROW"
Wondering

Jamestown, TN

#11 Sep 29, 2011
CNN wrote:
<quoted text>
Like the Weather Channel says "IT COULD HAPPEN TOMORROW"
The transfer should be in the process. So what's happening? Maybe it's not happening.
Parent

Jamestown, TN

#12 Oct 2, 2011
It looks like no word is good. We'll keep our fingers crossed.
Just sayin

Blacksburg, SC

#13 Oct 3, 2011
wow wrote:
I think we definitely need a justice system. You can't accept the schools to do everything.
the gardenar

Livingston, TN

#14 Oct 6, 2011
that is 2 times you misspelled justice center, you put system, yes i will agree we need some good teachers in our schools,there is far to much sports in school and not enough of the old fashion reading writeing and arithmatic, some good old fashion morals, school is a place to go to play ball, parents worry more about how their kid being a good ball player,
confused

Jamestown, TN

#15 Oct 7, 2011
You have hit the nail on the nailhead!!! This is so true.
Taxpayer

Jamestown, TN

#16 Oct 7, 2011
the gardenar wrote:
that is 2 times you misspelled justice center, you put system, yes i will agree we need some good teachers in our schools,there is far to much sports in school and not enough of the old fashion reading writeing and arithmatic, some good old fashion morals, school is a place to go to play ball, parents worry more about how their kid being a good ball player,
You are so right. Very few parents care about the 3 r's. It just the sports and give my kid a diploma, he gotta have a good job.
It Is True

Jamestown, TN

#17 Oct 11, 2011
the gardenar wrote:
The need for GOOD teachers is desperate. There is a teacher at YAI who loves to intimidate the kids he "teaches" and I use that loosely. He actually is so insecure he doesn't know how to teach. He can put the kids down and make smart remarks to them and call them names, but when the responsible adult shows up, he stutters and stammers and his face gets blood red. Does he realize that one day his child/children will be in school--would he want them treated that way??? I bet not. In years past his "lesson plan" who I bet someone else did for him, he followed it for years, I know of kids who passed it all the way down the line for years, he went by it word for word with no changes, WOW that is a great teacher!!!!!! His day will come, watch and see!!!!!
seriously

Crossville, TN

#18 Oct 15, 2011
what teacher are you talking about?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fentress County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lawer Sep 1 Need a lawer 1
Moving in ... Aug '16 WWWPolice 1
stone cliff acres (Dec '13) Jul '16 allen pratt 2
Justin and Joel Smith (Apr '15) Jul '16 neptune ship 7
Need Bush Hog Service - Wilder Jun '16 Wilder Guy 1
News Human remains discovered in Fentress County (Mar '16) Jun '16 Taxpayer 3
Wildwood inn Jun '16 Bobbuilder 1
More from around the web