Gas prices top $5.00 in Fentress County

Gas prices top $5.00 in Fentress County

There are 10 comments on the www.wate.com story from Sep 12, 2008, titled Gas prices top $5.00 in Fentress County. In it, www.wate.com reports that:

By noon Friday, a number of gas stations in Fentress County were out of gas or close to it.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.wate.com.

What up

Jamestown, TN

#1 Sep 15, 2008
Burnetts got in BIG trouble for trying to suck the average persons bank account dry to fill up theirs.Shame on them.
Mad Mom

Jamestown, TN

#2 Sep 15, 2008
Price gaulging is more like it !
Dark Empire

Byrdstown, TN

#3 Sep 15, 2008
I live in livingston but my parents live in clarkrange and my mom called and told me to fill up with gas because burnetts was already at $5.19. I went to Coffmans and got gas was $3.74 and I was talking to the clerk about the price of gas at burnetts and she said there was no reason it should be that high. I think burnetts was just price gaulging but I think she will think twice now that she knows people are not going to take it.
Frustrated

Knoxville, TN

#4 Sep 16, 2008
This goes beyond price gouging. I watched CNN and Fox today, both stated that oil is under 100 a barrel and the Nation AVG on gas is 3.80. What the heck is going on in TN? Why isnt there a reasonable explanation why E.Tenneseans are paying more than a dollar over the rest of the nation? Why isnt the media all over this? We are getting bent over the pumps and should demand answers instead of handing over our money so quickly.
Jack

Jamestown, TN

#5 Sep 16, 2008
I am buying gas where it is the cheapest.If we all do that it will come down. Oil went way down yesterday so gas should have come down.
Dark Empire

Byrdstown, TN

#6 Sep 16, 2008
My father in law pulls gas for a company and went down to get a load and they would not let him have it. He had to turn the tanker around and come back empty. They said he could get a load the next day that is when gas went sky high. I think this is to drive the gas prices up.
Jamestown Native in Texas

Edinburg, TX

#7 Sep 16, 2008
I am living in texas just 4 to 5 hrs from the houston and our gas is 3.55 a gallon for regular it just does not make sense

Since: Mar 08

Jamestown

#8 Sep 16, 2008
On CNBC, they tell from time to time what we paid for a gallon of gas when oil is such and such a barrel. The last time it was $90 some a barrel, we were paying around $2.45 a gallon. The market is still open but gas is down again today.

Since: Jun 08

Jamestown, TN

#9 Sep 16, 2008
i think that it's wrong to price-gouge, but if people are willing to pay $5 a gallon, that's where it will go and stay. i didn't really buy into the hysteria. i got gas because i need it to go to school. if we let the gas companies believe that we can afford $5 gas, then that's what we'll get.
whatever

Jamestown, TN

#10 Sep 16, 2008
i got a lot of calls thrusday night that gas was going up to 5 dollars a gallon friday morning this info came from people working at these gas stations so it wasnt just burnetts they all were doing it so how could they all know thrusday night that gas was going up the next day when there was no need in it and surely all the gas stations werent getting a load of gas at the same time so how did they all know there price would go up the next day

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fentress County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
fentress co sheriff (Aug '13) Jul 2 been there 3
News Two churches burglarized in Fentress County Jun 13 satchmo 1
beware of dale fulks presure pro painting May '15 payee 1
jason smith Apr '15 friend 1
Justin and Joel Smith Apr '15 Baby Momma 1
Who is being chased on foot in banner area Apr '15 curious 1
Conatser family of Fentress Co., TN (Mar '08) Apr '15 A Mom 53
More from around the web