Jamestown man arrested for four-year-...

Jamestown man arrested for four-year-old's overdose death

There are 161 comments on the WATE-TV Knoxville story from Feb 24, 2011, titled Jamestown man arrested for four-year-old's overdose death. In it, WATE-TV Knoxville reports that:

A Jamestown man was arrested for the murder of his four-year-old daughter who died in a hospital of a painkiller overdose.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WATE-TV Knoxville.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
sameolecrap

United States

#1 Feb 24, 2011
All I can say is it's about time.
old dog

Allardt, TN

#2 Feb 24, 2011
Totally agree with ya...God Bless the little girl
story

Cosby, TN

#3 Feb 24, 2011
JAMESTOWN (WATE)- A Jamestown man was arrested for the murder of his four-year-old daughter who died in a hospital of a painkiller overdose.

Darrell Huff, 49, was indicted by a Fentress County grand jury on one count of aggravated child abuse, one count of aggravated child neglect and one count of felony murder.

Brittany Huff was taken to UT Medical Center on December 24, 2010. She died three days later, and the autopsy showed her cause of death was a morphine overdose.

The morphine belonged to her father, according to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.

Huff was booked into the Fentress County Jail Thursday afternoon on a $200,000 bond.
justice

Cosby, TN

#4 Feb 24, 2011
sameolecrap wrote:
All I can say is it's about time.
I agree!
hellooo

Livingston, TN

#5 Feb 24, 2011
IF CONVICTED DOES felony murder carry death penalty ????
hellooo

Livingston, TN

#6 Feb 24, 2011
stupid double post.........
local voter

Columbia, SC

#7 Feb 25, 2011
hellooo wrote:
IF CONVICTED DOES felony murder carry death penalty ????
probaly rehab probation no one to speak up for the littie angel . from what i hear her brief life was in a terrible enviournment .
BBB

United States

#8 Feb 25, 2011
story wrote:
JAMESTOWN (WATE)- A Jamestown man was arrested for the murder of his four-year-old daughter who died in a hospital of a painkiller overdose.
Darrell Huff, 49, was indicted by a Fentress County grand jury on one count of aggravated child abuse, one count of aggravated child neglect and one count of felony murder.
Brittany Huff was taken to UT Medical Center on December 24, 2010. She died three days later, and the autopsy showed her cause of death was a morphine overdose.
The morphine belonged to her father, according to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.
Huff was booked into the Fentress County Jail Thursday afternoon on a $200,000 bond.
LOOKS LIKE THE SISTER IS PULLING ONE OVER THE COURTS EYES SHE SHOULD BE IN JAil TO YHEY ARE BOTH GUILTY.
just thanking

Cosby, TN

#9 Feb 25, 2011
With him being an addict too, will he be monitored in jail, because he will be going through withdrawals? He could die.

Or has he already been released, because it's the weekend, and time to party?
TUFF

United States

#10 Feb 25, 2011
from what i heard she got into the meds he did not give her the meds. possibly there will be a manslaughter and neglict conviction
Allardt

United States

#11 Feb 25, 2011
Yes,Cotton is guilty but he will take the fall for all the Huffs. They are all guilty. They knew Cotton had problems but continued to let the little girl stay in the same home as him. I mean who in their right mind would let kids live with a dope head.
Angry

Jamestown, TN

#12 Feb 25, 2011
Allardt wrote:
Yes,Cotton is guilty but he will take the fall for all the Huffs. They are all guilty. They knew Cotton had problems but continued to let the little girl stay in the same home as him. I mean who in their right mind would let kids live with a dope head.
I totally agree. This child was not allowed to be in his home alone. I think everyone who knew she was there, Including the Dept of Children's Services should be held responsible for this child's death. Cotton has a drug problem which does not excuse him but people in their right mind should have seen that this child was safe.
Tnhillbilly

Cosby, TN

#13 Feb 25, 2011
the sister IF had cusdoy why is she not ?
concerned

Rickman, TN

#14 Feb 25, 2011
just thanking wrote:
With him being an addict too, will he be monitored in jail, because he will be going through withdrawals? He could die.
Or has he already been released, because it's the weekend, and time to party?
well nurse fay can come in and give him a shot like she did mr.terry. that should take care of the problem.
Whitefawn

Grimsley, TN

#15 Feb 25, 2011
This sure is a prime time for this county to bring back "public hangings" and let this county be known as the county that actually hangs people for their crimes and not be known for the other stupid crap that is going on around here........

Since: Sep 09

Location hidden

#16 Feb 25, 2011
Whitefawn wrote:
This sure is a prime time for this county to bring back "public hangings" and let this county be known as the county that actually hangs people for their crimes and not be known for the other stupid crap that is going on around here........
As punishment for certain heinous crimes with a jury conviction, I have no problem with that.

Stripped, whipped, and flogged in the stocks at the public square would be suitable for lesser felony's too.
Jamestown Resident

Gainesboro, TN

#17 Feb 25, 2011
dollop wrote:
<quoted text>
As punishment for certain heinous crimes with a jury conviction, I have no problem with that.
Stripped, whipped, and flogged in the stocks at the public square would be suitable for lesser felony's too.
Can we hear AMEN to that? I sure think so.
rainbow

Jamestown, TN

#18 Feb 25, 2011
Well, I sure ain't seeing no sympathy going around, like last time. Where is the justus for the sister. She is as knee deep in this crime as Cotton.
rainbow

Jamestown, TN

#19 Feb 25, 2011
Jamestown Resident wrote:
<quoted text>Can we hear AMEN to that? I sure think so.
AMEN- AMEN-HOWLELOUYA
concerned

Jamestown, TN

#20 Feb 25, 2011
Personally I think the sister will screw anybody she has to got her self out of this mess. She is known for hopping from man to man. I bet you she will.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fentress County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Toby deaton 8 hr Cranky-5 3
Marty Walker for Commisioner Fri FuckMarty 1
Tony shoate running for sheriff for2018 Apr 12 Mountaingirl58 7
Jason kilby (Jun '17) Apr 11 Kathy 3
mia Mar 23 Blown out of prop... 1
David Beaty for Sheriff Mar '18 Concern 1
Teachers getting DUI Mar '18 Suzyq 3