More dam releases sought for Fayette ...

More dam releases sought for Fayette whitewater

There are 33 comments on the Charleston Gazette story from Oct 1, 2012, titled More dam releases sought for Fayette whitewater. In it, Charleston Gazette reports that:

A coalition of outfitters and other groups says increasing water releases from Hawks Nest Dam would create more than 5 miles of new whitewater in Fayette County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Charleston Gazette.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
chung

Springfield, NJ

#1 Oct 1, 2012
Leave it alone. We don't need any more rats or tree huggers.
Just-maggie

Eaton, OH

#2 Oct 1, 2012
[QUOTE who="chung"e town alive]Leave it alone. We don't need any more rats or tree huggers.[/QUOTE]Those rats and tree huggers are keeping the town alive.
chung

Fayetteville, WV

#3 Oct 1, 2012
How? Fayetteville hasn't changed in 50 years or so. Wow we got wall mart. Other then that. That's it. So tell me how's it keeping the town alive.
peep

Ardsley, NY

#4 Oct 1, 2012
chung wrote:
Leave it alone. We don't need any more rats or tree huggers.
Agreed!!!
Just-maggie

Eaton, OH

#5 Oct 1, 2012
You figure it out genius.
chung

Fayetteville, WV

#6 Oct 1, 2012
Just what I thought. You don't have a answer.
chung is dung!

Fayetteville, WV

#7 Oct 1, 2012
Fayetteville would look like Mt. Hope right now if it were not for the rafting industry...you moron! All of the local business's would not be able to keep open year round if it were not for the "tree hugging hippies"... I swear the very few times I visit this site, it is plum full if hate for Fayetteville, if your so full of hate for this town, then get the FU*K out!
P.S. wall mart is spelled Wal-Mart, I would think you would know that seeing how your uneducated ass spends your food stamps there every month... Idiot!
ddhhssv

United States

#8 Oct 1, 2012
All the river rats do is dig cigarette butts out if the ashtrays at subway and dig in the dumpsters. They don't spend money here at all, they live in tents!!!
chung

Fayetteville, WV

#9 Oct 1, 2012
The only people who shop at the local stores are tree huggers and hippie's. There isn't nothing in town for the working class people of this town. You rafting people think you run this town. Your nothing but a joke to everyone in Fayetteville.
personally

Fayetteville, WV

#10 Oct 2, 2012
personally,,i dont see hawks nest dam holding enough water to support rafting! more water would be needed from hinton,would make all of the river higher down stream? dont ya think
Just-maggie

Eaton, OH

#11 Oct 2, 2012
I hope despite your comments that you'll welcome us when we come back to visit.
piney

Oak Hill, WV

#12 Oct 20, 2012
[QUOTE who="chung is dung!"]
Fayetteville would look like Mt. Hope right now if it were not for the rafting industry...you moron! All of the local business's would not be able to keep open year round if it were not for the "tree hugging hippies"... I swear the very few times I visit this site, it is plum full if hate for Fayetteville, if your so full of hate for this town, then get the FU*K out!
P.S. wall mart is spelled Wal-Mart, I would think you would know that seeing how your uneducated ass spends your food stamps there every month... Idiot!
[/QUOTE]
Wow! A river stealing river rat that actually knows how to use the internet. Will wonders never cease? Most of them are so dumb they can barely tie their own shoes, let alone type.
employed

Charleston, WV

#13 Oct 20, 2012
Lets not worry about killing 400 good paying jobs lets create 25 min wag ones, that is good business
River Slayer

United States

#15 Oct 23, 2012
Many of us have college degrees, and I laugh at the locals who call me a worthless bum, because I could easily take your job from you if I was interested, if you even have one pill head!!!
liz

Roy, WA

#16 Oct 23, 2012
I think you all River Bum Slayer have the title of being a pill head why don't you put your college degrees to us and get a real job
River Slayer wrote:
Many of us have college degrees, and I laugh at the locals who call me a worthless bum, because I could easily take your job from you if I was interested, if you even have one pill head!!!
Daisy

United States

#17 Oct 23, 2012
liz wrote:
I think you all River Bum Slayer have the title of being a pill head why don't you put your college degrees to us and get a real job
<quoted text>
River slayer could start with you in English and sentence composition. How would you like a college degree, from behind?
Just-maggie

Eaton, OH

#18 Oct 24, 2012
liz...you should learn to spell.sounds like you are the pill head.River Slayer is doing what he loves.
Share the power

United States

#19 Oct 24, 2012
employed wrote:
Lets not worry about killing 400 good paying jobs lets create 25 min wag ones, that is good business
Why should a private company get a lower rate for power and not the citizens of WV? River should run at normal levels that benefit everyone and the river. Put that power on the grid for all citizens of WV to help lower their rates as well, it will create more jobs for all of us jutt not a few hundred at Alloy.
haha

Washington, PA

#20 Oct 25, 2012
so much for sensible conversation on Topix...
River Slayer

United States

#21 Oct 26, 2012
Hawks Nest really doesnt create very much power. It certainly wont ever be responsible for lowering state residents monthly bills.
As for whitewater releases, I figure I have around 100 trips down the dries. Good luck going commercial. Deaths don't weigh on my mind, but I think this strech of river has the ability to kill a person at alot of different levels.
I also assume if releases become a reality, ACE willb uy the take out campground and all others will be screwed, so what is the chance NPS can put in a boat ramp for all including fishermen, motorboats, ect......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fayette County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cold Case: Sodder Family Fire (May '09) May 31 Burnt Up 63
News 'Shop With A Cop' Donations Needed (Oct '09) May 27 Upeopleneedtogeta... 6
News Three arrested in Fayette County after convenie... May 26 Greg Danson 1
News Rep. Jenkins Coal Voices Story Apr '16 ed 1
News Fayette County Prosecutor says "tough battle" a... Mar '16 Golden Bear 1
News 2 charged in 2014 fatal fire in Fayette County (Dec '15) Mar '16 so what 9
do our taxes support dog catcher? Can we refuse... Feb '16 Dog lover 1
More from around the web