Taxes doubled
Concerned citizen

Charleston, WV

#1 Jan 11, 2013
I just received a notice that my real estate taxes are going up 50%!!!! What are they needing the money for??? Fayette county is supposed to have some of the lowest tax rates due to all of their income from tourist dollars!!! Something fishy if you ask me. SMH
Feed Up

Mount Hope, WV

#2 Feb 4, 2013
Low taxes since when? The School Levy we are to vote for this week will give the teachers another 50 million over the next five years just for them, and another fifty million for the children. Thats a lot of nerve considering the failing grade of the county, and the fact that the state had to take over the school system. Why don't they put two levies before the voters. One for the teachers pay, and the second that just goes to the students. Could it be that they lump them together to get what they don't deserve? Incentive pay is alright for me. Give the good teachers the money they deserve and the lazy ones nothing...... Vote no on the School Levy, or you will be paying for that 100 million. They haven't proved they deserved the last levy. This tax increase for me would be $600 a year. Teachers are rallying and will show up in big numbers to vote on a raise for themselves. I would like to vote on a raise for myself also. Get out and vote.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fayette County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News President Trump to host rally in Huntington Aug 5 Paul 198
News Scouts hire Fayette scout center leader, launch... (Feb '11) Jul 29 nothingnew 25
Holiday Lodge Jul '17 Anonymous 1
News Three murderers try to escape from Mount Olive (Jul '12) Jul '17 304redneck 30
News Fayette County Triple Murder Trial Picks Back Up (Apr '08) Jun '17 AWG 18
News 2 charged in 2014 fatal fire in Fayette County (Dec '15) Jun '17 Bit__ 11
News Central West Virginia Drug Task Force Arrests S... Jun '17 Eye Witness 2
More from around the web