Information charges former tax deputy...

Information charges former tax deputy with embezzlement

There are 17 comments on the Register-herald.com story from Oct 31, 2009, titled Information charges former tax deputy with embezzlement. In it, Register-herald.com reports that:

A special prosecutor has filed an information in Fayette County Circuit Court, charging former chief tax deputy Thomas Woodrum with one count of felony embezzlement.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Register-herald.com.

Dash

Oak Hill, WV

#1 Oct 31, 2009
One count? If I understood correctly he has taken money several times to add up to $53,000. Which means that EACH time he took money could be a felony charge. Seems they put on the kid gloves to deal with him.
gosh

Oak Hill, WV

#2 Nov 1, 2009
why we need a special prosecuter????didnt we vote one in???if he cant handle the job then maybe we need a new one!!!!! this is bullll from start to finish!!!! carry 2 or 3 sacks of grass around an see what happens
Dash

Oak Hill, WV

#4 Nov 1, 2009
You have to use a special prosecuter in these circumstances and I'm glad they did. However, only 1 charge? I hope he plans on coming back and adding some more to this. It carries only 1-10 years and my bet would be he would only do a couple of months at best
chicky

United States

#5 Nov 3, 2009
Whats the persons name everyone in Fayette county needs to know.
otwg

Cool Ridge, WV

#6 Nov 3, 2009
TOM WOODRUM: former Fayette County Tax Deputy, former Fayetteville Mayor and former Fayetteville Councilman
look both ways

Mount Hope, WV

#7 Nov 3, 2009
53k lost in the office will be recovered from county residents who missed paying taxes a month earlier this year. Did the new due date for taxes generate 53k. Seems like the new tax officer will recoup some of the funds with his new tax date.
Just tell the truth

Oak Hill, WV

#8 Nov 5, 2009
It now becomes apparent that in the time we citizens have been waiting for this $53,000 embezzlement case to go to court that the special prosecutor, Edgar Bibb, has been negotiating with Mr Woodrum's attorney. It's simply unbelievable that a prosecutor would yield to the extent of reducing what may have been over 100 counts down to only one count of embezzlement. Stealing $53,000 of our money is a despicable crime but it's not likely that Mr Woodrum will receive even a fraction of the sentence he deserves. As decent law-abiding people, we can pack the courtroom and let Mr Woodrum see by our numbers that although the prosecutor doesn't find his $53,000 theft of our money a serious manner, WE CITIZENS DO! So on Tuesday, November 10th at 11:00 am, YOU should be at the courtroom at the courthouse in Fayetteville. YES!... I'm talking to YOU!
frankly

Oak Hill, WV

#9 Nov 6, 2009
he aint goin to jail folks!!!!!!!!!! he knows to much,,,,,,,if the average joe woulda stole taxpayer money LOOKOUT...BUT,,,,we cant lock poor lil tom up,,,,,he didnt mean no harm!!!!!!!!!!what about the cost of the audit??????plus 53000... do we get our money back?????we could auction his home,,,cars,etc. was there an accessory to this stealin??????
throrougly

Oak Hill, WV

#10 Nov 8, 2009
hey tom,,,,remember the lil ole lady you lied on years ago to get her job....CARMA

Since: Nov 09

United States

#11 Nov 12, 2009
what the latest on this?
wuz up

Charleston, WV

#12 Nov 13, 2009
They had some sort of court earlier in the week. Should be publice record, if you search the news websites. Should tell what happened.
lc dc

United States

#13 Nov 13, 2009
Pled guilty to $55,054. By chance,has anybodys taxes went up between Jan.1,2005 to present???
fred

Oak Hill, WV

#14 Nov 26, 2009
if i ever do anything bad,,,,this is the kind of justice i want(you hear me) everyone goin to court over there should ask for it......

Since: Nov 09

United States

#15 Nov 26, 2009
Remember them come election times and don't vote for them.
Just tell the truth

Oak Hill, WV

#16 Dec 30, 2009
Tom Woodrum will be sentenced on the morning of January 15, 2010. Persons who are seriously interested may wish to be in the court room to observe the proceedings. I predict those who anticipate him receiving a light sentence will be very surprised.
mr ed

Nashville, TN

#17 Dec 30, 2009
Just tell the truth wrote:
Tom Woodrum will be sentenced on the morning of January 15, 2010. Persons who are seriously interested may wish to be in the court room to observe the proceedings. I predict those who anticipate him receiving a light sentence will be very surprised.
lite sentence????? can u spell probation,,,,,, hell
Festus

United States

#18 Jan 29, 2010
Just tell the truth wrote:
Anyone surprised yet?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fayette County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Two Women Critically Injured In House Fire (Mar '14) May 21 call me what you ... 18
deepwater area Apr '15 stolenblind 1
The Only WAY, TRUTH AND LIFE Mar '15 Guardian Angel 1
News Charter schools debated in House hearing Mar '15 kentuckyherdhunters 1
News Fayette County man charged with Oak Hill rail t... (Jun '14) Jan '15 big ricky 47
Longtime Fayette Co. officer passes away Jan '15 a dear old friend 2
News Fayette police look for missing teenage girl (Nov '14) Nov '14 Concerned 1
More from around the web