Oakland father charged in death of nine-month-old baby

Nov 24, 2010 Full story: WMC-FM 6

Nearly a year after a nine-month-old baby was found unresponsive at his grandparent's Oakland, Tennessee home, charges have now been filed in the case.

Full Story
Oakland Reader

United States

#1 Nov 25, 2010
For over 17 years the Mullins-Tisdale Crime Ring smothered the citizens of Oakland with their dead dog and transmission hoax schemes. Then when the election rumors came up Myles Leifer put his name in the hat for a possible candidacy. Then this tragedy happened, and that ended that. What was suspicious is that the Millins-Tisdale Crime Ring holdover Gaines, was the officer investigating this tragedy and it has taken this long to have the legal system begin it's work.
Could it be that the Mullins-Tisdale Crime Ring was attempting to crab up the works in this suspicious death?
Is there no foul deed the Mullins-Tisdale Crime Ring did not have it's hand in?
ironman

Dallas, TX

#2 Nov 25, 2010
Oakland Reader wrote:
For over 17 years the Mullins-Tisdale Crime Ring smothered the citizens of Oakland with their dead dog and transmission hoax schemes. Then when the election rumors came up Myles Leifer put his name in the hat for a possible candidacy. Then this tragedy happened, and that ended that. What was suspicious is that the Millins-Tisdale Crime Ring holdover Gaines, was the officer investigating this tragedy and it has taken this long to have the legal system begin it's work.
Could it be that the Mullins-Tisdale Crime Ring was attempting to crab up the works in this suspicious death?
Roy N. is there any thing you won't say?
Fat Woman With a Squeeze

Jackson, TN

#3 Dec 28, 2010
Unless one can prove that a parent caused this death with "physical, factual evidence" then you can't say he did it. If he did do it then why wasn't he arrested 7 months ago when the autopsy report came out? Second, two other children were in the bedroom with the 9 month old unattended. Could it be possible that one of them accidentally suffocated the infant and the District Attorney is looking for someone to take the blame for a crime committed by another sibling? Could it be possible that the father is innocent?? I can't wait until this goes to trial. It doesn't appear that all of the evidence or facts support why this father would kill his child. A break up of his marriage isn't reason enough. What would his motive be if it wasn't life insurance money - since it appears there wasn't any?? If he was guilty he wouldn't have been allowed to roam loose for almost a year without being charged. The District Attorney will really have to prove his case to get a guilty verdict. I for one, don't see a guilty verdict rather an escape goat for a botched up investigation.
Oakland Reader

United States

#4 Dec 28, 2010
Fat Woman With a Squeeze wrote:
Unless one can prove that a parent caused this death with "physical, factual evidence" then you can't say he did it. If he did do it then why wasn't he arrested 7 months ago when the autopsy report came out? Second, two other children were in the bedroom with the 9 month old unattended. Could it be possible that one of them accidentally suffocated the infant and the District Attorney is looking for someone to take the blame for a crime committed by another sibling? Could it be possible that the father is innocent?? I can't wait until this goes to trial. It doesn't appear that all of the evidence or facts support why this father would kill his child. A break up of his marriage isn't reason enough. What would his motive be if it wasn't life insurance money - since it appears there wasn't any?? If he was guilty he wouldn't have been allowed to roam loose for almost a year without being charged. The District Attorney will really have to prove his case to get a guilty verdict. I for one, don't see a guilty verdict rather an escape goat for a botched up investigation.
I salute you for your candor but this heinous crime goes even deeper than just a mere child accidently smothering another child.
Is there no foul deed the Mullins-Tisdale Crime Ring did not have it's hand in
Fat Woman With a Squeeze

Jackson, TN

#5 Dec 29, 2010
Everyone needs to read the title of this discussion!!!!! I don't think the Mayor's junkies intervened since they were not "close" to anyone in the family. Everyone needs to do their research and pay attention to what is in the papers. I do not believe there was any motive for this young father to kill his son. Almost a year is a long time to charge someone especially when an autopsy report came out in the spring. The question is "Why did it take so long for the District Attorney to file charges?". There appears to be no real hard evidence to prosecute, no motive, no financial gain from the child's death, etc. This has accidental death all over it and the father is the escape goat for a "supposed crime" that no one can really lay blame on. I can't wait to hear the evidence or hear what the witnesses say was the motive.
Oakland Reader

United States

#6 Dec 29, 2010
Fat Woman With a Squeeze wrote:
Everyone needs to read the title of this discussion!!!!! I don't think the Mayor's junkies intervened since they were not "close" to anyone in the family. Everyone needs to do their research and pay attention to what is in the papers. I do not believe there was any motive for this young father to kill his son. Almost a year is a long time to charge someone especially when an autopsy report came out in the spring. The question is "Why did it take so long for the District Attorney to file charges?". There appears to be no real hard evidence to prosecute, no motive, no financial gain from the child's death, etc. This has accidental death all over it and the father is the escape goat for a "supposed crime" that no one can really lay blame on. I can't wait to hear the evidence or hear what the witnesses say was the motive.
Yes, the evidence will show beyond a reasonable certainty and a moral doubt the guilt of the Mullins-Tisdale Crime in this incident.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fayette County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Man accused of kidnapping girl in Fayette Count... (Jun '14) Jul '14 Samuel 15
worst jail in tn (Dec '13) Dec '13 past inmate in fcdc 1
Fayette Gets Rid of Director of Schools (Dec '09) Aug '13 who 124
Where Does All Of The Garbage Come From? (Jun '13) Jun '13 Yeni Ezel 1
Selling of Houses, Businesses and Land in Piper... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Yeni Ezel 1
Memphis pastor wins St. Jude Dream Home Giveaway (Jun '13) Jun '13 Yeni Ezel 1
Nocomus Harris charged with manslaughter in fay... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Donna 2
More from around the web