SCI-Fayette prisoner slashes counselor

Dec 21, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: PittsburghLIVE.com

“At first glance, the details are disturbing”

A female counselor at the State Correctional Institution at Fayette was seriously injured Friday morning when an inmate serving a life sentence assaulted her and slashed her face with a homemade weapon. via PittsburghLIVE.com

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of37
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Concerned Social Worker

Somerset, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2007

Judged:

This was very disturing to read since I am a woman and a social worker that currently works in the criminal justice system. As staff we have to be more careful when working with this particular population, I feel that sometimes we take our safety for granted. We need to consistently keep in mind that this population of people usually feel like they have nothing to loose and they are not in fear of us (staff).
GM-3911 SCI-FAYETTE

Middletown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2008

Judged:

I WAS A INMATE IN SCI FAYETTE,I SEEN SOME THINGS GO DOWN....BUT NOT ENOUGH FOR HOW THEY TREATED US..THE JAIL IS VERY SECURE..BUT THESE CRACKAZ SEEM TO THINK THAT THEY GOT EVERYTHIN IN CONTROL..THINK AGAIN
concerned inmates mother

Clarks Summit, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2008

Judged:

It was extremely upsetting both hearing and reading of the attack on the woman counseor at SCI Fayette. It is a constant worry for the safety of my son. All I can do is pray that nothing happens to him before he is able to come home. It is unfair that all get punished for what one or two do wrong there.
concerned inmates mother

Clarks Summit, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2008

Judged:

It was very upsetting hearing of the attack on the female counselor at SCI Fayette. I pray every day that my son with come home safely. It does not seem fair that all get punished for what one or two do.
concerned inmates sister

Uniontown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2008

Judged:

it is a shame about the social worker getting attacked but nobody puts articles about the prisoners getting abused.
Assaulted femals sis

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2008

Judged:

I am the female Couselors sister in law and trust and believe this was a very unhuman act that was taken out on my sister law. You are so selfish to even counter comment about the inmates and what they experience when in fact you don't know! What everyone should focus on is this counselor was a working mother trying to provide for her family when she was assaulted and her face and body is mutilated for life because of an ignorant doglike individual that needs to DIE!
concerned inmates sister wrote:
it is a shame about the social worker getting attacked but nobody puts articles about the prisoners getting abused.
Jan

California, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2008

Judged:

I will pray for your sister in law and your family. Clearly she did not deserve such cruelty.
A co worker

Hayfield, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2008

Judged:

Assaulted femals sis wrote:
I am the female Couselors sister in law and trust and believe this was a very unhuman act that was taken out on my sister law. You are so selfish to even counter comment about the inmates and what they experience when in fact you don't know! What everyone should focus on is this counselor was a working mother trying to provide for her family when she was assaulted and her face and body is mutilated for life because of an ignorant doglike individual that needs to DIE!
<quoted text>
What many do not understand is that this counselor is very professional and ethical in her job. She has assited many inmates with completing required groups, education, contacting families, and jobs in the DOC, and she actively worked to help the men transition back into society. She did not deserve what happened. Her character is sterling.
A co worker

Hayfield, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2008

Judged:

What many do not understand is that this counselor is very professional and ethical in her job. She has assited many inmates with completing required groups, education, contacting families, and jobs in the DOC, and she actively worked to help the men transition back into society. She did not deserve what happened. Her character is sterling.
Toni

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2008

Judged:

A prisoner is a prisoner for a reason. They commit a crime, some worse than others. What this prisoner did to the councelor just shows that they have no more respect for guards, or officers than they do for people on the street or the elderly All I know is that in the end the unjust will be just! It does not shock me at all to read about prison crime or assults, when somebody is locked up for a crime that does not mean that they will no longer do wrong inside a facility.
Toni

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2008

Judged:

when you lock away a criminal, and you have many, many criminals locked away together that does not make a very friendly atmostphere. I mean yeah they should be off our streets! But their criminal ways gets locked up right along with them and like I said before they do not stop their criminal and bad hehavior just because their in a locked faciity. A criminal is just that A CRIMINAL!!!
KATHY

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2008

Judged:

My son just arrived at Fayette. I am trying to get info on that facility.
KATHY

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2008

Judged:

It is actions such as this horrible assult on the counselor tha feed fear for my son. He is at Fayette on a property charge. He never ever hurt anyone. Every minute in that place he has to watch his back.
jazo

Harrisburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2008

Judged:

i just was there when that happend. to be honest she didnt deserve what happend but as a woman counslor there is a great need to carry yourself in a certain matter! nothin personal., strictly business
Tammy

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2008

Judged:

Sorry to hear what happen to the female counselor at fayette. But we hear about what goes on with the workers being assaulted but we don't hear about the inmates being abuse. The facility has and will keep that part quiet trying to cover up for there workers. My son is SCI Dallas and is being mistreated and torture by Correctional Officers and Sergents which is not right. I trying my best to the help out here to have him removed to some where else. SCI Dallas needs to close down for abusing and torturing inmates.
jar

California, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2008

Judged:

i work at SCI Fayette as an intern. this is very disturbing to hear.
former sci fayette inmate

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2008

Judged:

A co worker wrote:
<quoted text>
I do know how it is in there i was there and i know things that you dont know about what goes on in there..i am sorry to hear about what happend to the counselor and you must misinterperated what i wrote..what i was trying to get across is that for how we are treated in there i am suprised there hasnt been more violence towards staff,because thats how alot of inmates get points across..thats not the way i would go about things but most inmates use violence to get there message out.
gsp

Uniontown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2008

Judged:

the only sad thing other than the counselor being slashed was that the inmate wasnt beatin to within 2 inches of his life. it was close though
Jess Easton PA

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2009

Judged:

I hope that you guys can learn from this and do the right thing. If he was a lifer why would you put people that have minor things that they are in there. I think you guys should change that and put that man in a cell by him,self and leave him alone. I know that he is doing life but he needs to learn from what he did on the streets and now what he did in there.
chet kriessler

Reno, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2009

Judged:

when you torture an animal,you will get served, eventually.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of37
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Fayette County Discussions

Search the Fayette County Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Pressley Ridge in Fayette to shut door (Jun '08) 19 hr Ray 9
Police: County inmate with similar name released Jun '14 wichita-rick 3
joe hardy's millions May '14 Big Deb 2
Resort founder Joe Hardy to pay $200K in lawsuit May '14 JamacianGirl 2
Jesus, Son of God Mar '14 Guardian Angel 1
Lake Lynn man admits sexual assault of young girl (Oct '09) Dec '13 mother 2
Autopsy set on W. Pa. purse-snatching victim, 82 (Dec '13) Dec '13 pgh 1
•••
•••