Lexington mayor appoints task force t...

Lexington mayor appoints task force to tackle funding of police, fire pensions

There are 4 comments on the Lexington Herald-Leader story from Oct 7, 2011, titled Lexington mayor appoints task force to tackle funding of police, fire pensions. In it, Lexington Herald-Leader reports that:

Mayor Jim Gray marched in the Heritage Parade at the Roots and Heritage Festival in Lexington, Ky., on Saturday, September 10, 2011.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lexington Herald-Leader.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#1 Oct 8, 2011
How about getting some personnel that are actually going to be proactive and do their jobs. Our police force seems ineffective at best when it comes to crimes affecting homeowners such as copper thefts. Why haven't they posted a policeman to monitor they copper going into the scrap yards. Lack of leadership in my opinion must be where to start in changing the efficiency of our officers. It won't make a difference how many you hire if they are not accountable for job performance.
SD31

United States

#2 Oct 8, 2011
gtownguy wrote:
How about getting some personnel that are actually going to be proactive and do their jobs. Our police force seems ineffective at best when it comes to crimes affecting homeowners such as copper thefts. Why haven't they posted a policeman to monitor they copper going into the scrap yards. Lack of leadership in my opinion must be where to start in changing the efficiency of our officers. It won't make a difference how many you hire if they are not accountable for job performance.
Welcome to House Bill 463 sir. The entire purpose of the bill was to reduce the crowding in jails and prisons by probating non-violent offenses. It also limits the authority of law enforcement in arresting those criminals. So if someone breaks into your car and is caught by police down the road with your GPS and wallet, the most the police can do is give them a ticket, cut them loose and hope they show up for court. And if they do show up in a month for court, they will likely only be put on probation rather than serve jail time. So for those weeks between the citation and court, guess what the criminal is doing... breaking into more cars. Out legislative system has created the perfect catch-and-release system for criminals. People used to say that our jails have a revolving door, now a days many criminals never even get sent there at all. How effective can a police department be with its hands tied behind its back? And to answer your question. There are detectives who monitor scrap yards for copper everyday. The criminals know that so they get their friends and family to scrap for them. And unless you go around writing your name on all your pipes and wires; copper looks like copper.

Since: Sep 11

Lexington, KY

#3 Dec 15, 2011
Gtownguy ya dumbass
Frank

Glasgow, KY

#4 Dec 15, 2011
Now that was an answer! Good job SD31

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fayette County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Clays Ferry Music Thread (Apr '16) Dec '16 Musikologist 3
Athens Music Thread (Nov '13) Dec '16 Musikologist 8
Joseph Nelle Dec '16 Heather 1
looking for dean a cooper Oct '16 HELP ME FIND HIM 1
Fayette County Mugshots and Criminal Arrest Rec... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Isabella 2
Juan Campbell (Apr '16) Apr '16 Curious 1
Looking to relocate immediately (Feb '16) Feb '16 Need to relocate 1
More from around the web