Sex offender registry not retroactive...

Sex offender registry not retroactive, court rules

There are 3 comments on the Lexington Herald-Leader story from May 19, 2011, titled Sex offender registry not retroactive, court rules. In it, Lexington Herald-Leader reports that:

A requirement that sex offenders in Kentucky register their address with law enforcement cannot be enforced retroactively, which means a Lexington man is wrongfully in prison for failing to register, the state's Supreme Court ruled Thursday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lexington Herald-Leader.

fed up

Dover, NH

#1 May 20, 2011
Good maybe the rest of the states will start to fallow suit. I am not sticking up for any bad people but these retro laws are illegal, are punishment and only serve to get your law maker votes, cost you money and make people feel good. I do know what I am talking about. I am one of your dreaded sex offenders you all pay to keep track off. My crime, In 1985 at age 20 I met a girl at a party. We ended up in my car fooling around. Nothing forced or anything like that. I gave her my number. We did not have actual sex. Turns out she was underage. I did not know this nor did I ask and she did not tell me this. She looked like the rest of us. Her parents found my # and the next think I know I'm being asked to come to the PD. I cooperated fully (mistake, f--- vultures) I never went to prison but did spend a couple of months in county jail with work release. Should be end of story. Ten years later in 96 I was forced onto the SOR with no options and no rights at all. At some of these registrastions I was spit on, shoved into a wall and called a pedophile. NICE
Ultimatly I ended up divorced because of anger issues over this. I lost everything, house, kids on and on. Over the years I rebuilt my life and did well. Great career as a chef, great money. A long time girlfriend and I purchased a home in 06 and my now teen daughter came to live with us. THEN in 07 22 years after the fact with more retroactive laws I was now put on the public internet for all to see. Put beside pedophiles and such. It took about amonth for neighbors to find this. I fast became known as the pervert of the street, and was treated as such. My daughter was picked on badly at school. The house was vandalized twice and my car window shot out with a bb gun. The place I had been a chef for ten years was closing for good and I soon found out that no one wanted to hire me. I started my own small business in hopes of makeing a living. My girfriend has an upper office type job and travels a great deal. Many of her co workers got wind of the situation and the talk started for her as well. Finally she could not take it any longer and about seven months ago she left me. I could not afford the house on my own so in Feb. it was forclosed on. In the last two months someone has hung a sign on my business and on my car saying he likes kids.I took a small apartment and was lucky to get it as I can't live in many p;aces. peop;e like me are not wanted and feared, why? well the law maker says so. I am not sure if the business will make it or not. It has now been 26 year since that party. I am told all the time that I am not being further punished as that would be illegal. If I don't fallow all of the laws and any new laws they think up I go to prison. I never went there in the first place. Are you happy your money is being spent tracking me? So if my business fails and I can't get a job, then what? I am used to makeing $50,000 plus a year and I can't get a job at mcdonalds now. Are you felling protected yet? I really don't want to here but if it saves one child. FU I want my life as well. If I ever do become a danger it won't be to kids at all. It will be against the idiot law makers, the vote mongers. Maybe I can inflict some pain on them. Hell that is what I am supposed to be according to them anyway. I live in the state of NH that loves to act tough on crime, vote for me. We have a whimp gov. Lynch that I would love to wrap my hands around his neck. Do I sound angry? would you be? No I have never had anothor sex offence before of after 1985 Be carefull lawmaker man. I don't have much left to lose. Then I will be coming for you.
Bill

White House, TN

#2 May 28, 2011
I am not an RSO but I live with one. His case is very similar to yours. He was 19 and the girl was 15. Back in 1983 the drinking age in Tennessee was 18. He was a soldier stationed at Ft Campbell and met her in a bar just outside the post. She fooled the bouncer, bartender, myself, my current wife and obviously him too. He did go to prison for 3 years and has remained trouble free ever since his release. He had no prior record. She testified and did say the sex was consensual. No matter how guilty her role might have been ... her age destroyed his defense. I was present that night and can speak the facts. It could have been myself. His ex wife was his downfall. They divorced 25 years ago and they have had no contact since. Than last year he was arrested and under threat of jail he complied and became registered. Her name was on the paperwork that did the reporting. Nobody knows why she reported him after 28 years. Perhaps a reward was paid?
His than wife (2nd) of 16 years filed for divorce not because of his past, she already knew that part of his life, no, her reason was for the future. She knows the future life of an RSO. Even her divorce didn't make her life harassment free until she moved 3 states away where no one knew her. He lost his middle management job at Nissan (15 years)and his home was foreclosed on also. He is now unemployed and unemployable. He went from being one of the best people on the planet to have as a friend to a bitter person that who knows what he will finally become. He too has had people harass him. But, he will not turn the cheek. He has handled all situations in what i would say "appropriately". The Politicians passed this law without deep thoughts and they claim they are protecting children. However, sex offender 's children must not be equal. Where is their protection? Any violent acts in his present or future life would be considered collateral damages and the guilty party would rest upon the lawmakers.
He might still go to jail, but he will have a clean conscience and no remorse since the entire act(s) would never have happened if if wasn't for the corruption in our lawmakers. No that is not coming from myself. That was what I have heard him say in the past.
So we have a guy that is no more guilty than myself, probably you, and over half our country. A once very productive member of society paying taxes, supporting his community, and just trying to live the American dream.
To an unemployed, welfare, ebt, grants, occasional (not -to - blame) violence, and a complete taxpayer's burden. Yes they get unemployment, ebt, and welfare. Some have became wise with loopholes and even qualify for SSI depending on their professions prior to placement on the sex offenders registry. Others take up crime to feed themselves. Does your child buy his crack or meth from a reputable citizen? Since no one see's a problem with our lawmakers and judges, police, and attorneys all violating constitutional rights ...no matter what disguise they can hide it under, than no one including "NOW" myself gives a rats ass when you become a victim. I have seen whom the true victims are with these laws.
You stop along the side of the road and take a piss and you are a sex offender if seen and reported. We now have over 1 million sex offenders registered and the list is growing daily. What is the country going to do when 5 million are deemed unemployable because they are a registered sex offenders and the rest are left to foot the bill? 1 million times $50/week in lost tax revenue adds up to $50 million per week. Now imagine 5 million times $50 per week in lost revenue. Get the picture? The $50 per week is just for an example. And as for the 5 million? At the rate of lawmakers passing new laws against sex offenders, and the rate it is growing with unaware citizens/victims to these new ridiculous laws. Experts claim that number could exceed 5 million. Unemployment is higher than ever. Why? That one is too funny to answer.
mch

Booneville, KY

#3 May 18, 2015
they should have kept their dicks in there pants

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fayette County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Danville man enters not guilty plea in scalding... (Oct '12) Mar '18 martin garey 16
SRNA Test May 2017 (May '17) Jan '18 me 2
News New smoking study supports a stronger ban Dec '17 cant get air 7
News 3M worker electrocuted on the job dies (May '10) Nov '17 LEL 7
Renee Fitzpatrick (Oct '17) Oct '17 Zeeman 1
Athens Music Thread (Nov '13) Sep '17 Musikologist 9
Clays Ferry Music Thread (Apr '16) Aug '17 Musikologist 4