Man Who Shot Amber Grant Files An Appeal

Man Who Shot Amber Grant Files An Appeal

There are 32 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from Oct 5, 2007, titled Man Who Shot Amber Grant Files An Appeal. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

Chuck Carmack was convicted last month of shooting Grant and the other teens on July 28, 2006.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Justice

AOL

#1 Oct 5, 2007
yeah Right!!. Although I've seen the unexpected happen here in South Kacki Lacki.
spike1982

West Columbia, SC

#2 Oct 5, 2007
What a freakin loser!!!
You need to stay behind bars...FOOL!!!

Since: Sep 07

Blythewood, SC

#3 Oct 6, 2007
I have had enough of this guy in the news. The poor lady who was killed in Winnsboro has not even got justice yet, and this guy is clogging up the dockets. He should do his time, and the town of Winnsboro should focus on giving justice to a grieving family, so their daughter can finally rest in peace. This is ridiculous!
BadBoy

Cayce, SC

#4 Oct 6, 2007
The idiot
Sorry boy it's time for you to go to prison. You know Amber has already been in her own prison for a long time now and will remain there forever. Take some responsibility for your own actions and not clog up the justice system with your pathectic whining.
Ottman

AOL

#5 Oct 6, 2007
Amber Grant is no hero. If she hadn't been drinking under the age, she is fine today.

She got a brand new house out of it and a lifetime scholarship along with a lifetime of government welfare benefits.
perfect rationale

Kingstree, SC

#6 Oct 6, 2007
...and if Buddy Holly, Richie Valens, and The Big Bopper hadn't wanted to catch a flight in 1959, the music wouldn't have died...and if Ottman's dad hadn't slipped one past the goalie, Ottman would have ended up in a tube sock. Ohhhh, if only we could all see into the future.
Whodat

Johnson City, TN

#7 Oct 7, 2007
Bleep wrote:
I have had enough of this guy in the news. The poor lady who was killed in Winnsboro has not even got justice yet, and this guy is clogging up the dockets. He should do his time, and the town of Winnsboro should focus on giving justice to a grieving family, so their daughter can finally rest in peace. This is ridiculous!
I am very sorry for your loss. Anybody who takes another person's life should be punished to the fullest extent of the law. You are right. He is clogging up the dockets and costing the tax payers more money. It's time this idiot takes his punishment. Winnsboro needs to move on. THIS CASE SHOULD BE CLOSED!!!!!
Whodat

Johnson City, TN

#8 Oct 7, 2007
Ottman wrote:
Amber Grant is no hero. If she hadn't been drinking under the age, she is fine today.
She got a brand new house out of it and a lifetime scholarship along with a lifetime of government welfare benefits.
No one said Amber was a hero. Lots of underage people drink. That's not the point. This IDIOT went to his/someone's vehicle and got the gun out. He was looking for trouble that night. AMBER DID NOT ASK FOR THE BULLET. SHE DID NOT ASK TO BE CONFINED TO A WHEELCHAIR FOR THE REST OF HER LIFE. As far as a brand new house, I believe the community came together and made a house handicap accessible. The comment you made about the scholarship and welfare benefits makes me wonder if you are a racist. You know, she's white??? The events of that night has cost Amber the ability to move around on her own two feet. Even in the wheelchair, she can still go to school, get a job, etc. She's not a hero, but she is still an inspiration to a lot of people.
Whodat

Johnson City, TN

#9 Oct 7, 2007
spike1982 wrote:
What a freakin loser!!!
You need to stay behind bars...FOOL!!!
Not only does he need to stay behind bars, someone should tie his a** to a wheelchair so he will know how Amber feels.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#10 Oct 8, 2007
Dude, you pulled the trigger... She has to live with it..
society value

Winnsboro, SC

#11 Oct 8, 2007
IT IS EASY TO WRITE A COMMENT WHEN YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.CHUCK IS NO IDIOT. ITS PEOPLE LIKE YOU WHO DON'T KNOW HIM AND DOESN'T KNOW THE WHOLE STORY THAT IS IDIOT. ITS NOT CHUCK WHO IS SCHEDULING THE SYSTEM AND WHO GETS JUSTICE FIRST OR IF THEY EVEN GET IT. YOU ARE RIGHT THE TOWN SHOULD DO JUDTICE FOR ALL PEOPLE. LET ASHLEY OR WHATEVER HER NAME KNOW YOU WOULD LIKE TO READ SOMETHING ELSE SINCE SHE LIKES TO KEEP WRITING ABOUT IT.
society value

Winnsboro, SC

#12 Oct 8, 2007
I KNOW THE WORD JUSTICE I SPELLED WRONG IN MY EARLIER COMMENT BUT THAT DOESN'T MATTER EVERY ONE MAKES MISTAKE AND THAT INCLUDES ALL COMMENTS WRITTEN BY PEOPLE THAT DOESN'T UNDERSTAND JUST BECAUSE YOU WERE TRIED AND GIVEN TIME DOESN'T MEAN IT WAS DONE FAIR. NOBODY IS OVER LOOKING THAT AMBER CAN'T WALK AND THAT HER LIFE WILL BE DIFFERENT.
bottom line

Kingstree, SC

#13 Oct 8, 2007
Chuckie boy is the dummy who got the gun and shot the gun and it is no one's fault but his that a young lady is paralyzed. It matters not if the courts made some technical error somewhere. It doesn't change the facts. If someone killed your mom and everyone knew it, but the videotaped evidence of the crime was obtained without the proper search warrant signature, would you want the shooter to go free?
society value

Winnsboro, SC

#14 Oct 10, 2007
bottom line you don't know all the facts. like i said easy to write stuff when you don't know what you are talking about.
bottom line

Kingstree, SC

#15 Oct 11, 2007
I know A LOT more about the facts than you think I do. I was in the courtroom for the entire trial...PLUS it is kind of tough to defend going to a party with a gun...period.

Since: Apr 07

Winnsboro

#16 Dec 18, 2007
Ottman wrote:
I wouldnt call anyone a hero in this case. However, you are pretty much saying she got what she deserved, and that is also not the case. No one, rather umderage or not, deserves to be paralyzed by a drunken idiot who was enraged because he was welcome at a party! WAA WAA grow up, pay your dues, and get on with it. I'm sure he will control his temper next time.
Jennifer Hicks

Pickens, SC

#17 Jul 14, 2008
And you receive, God willing, a lifetime in prison and an eternity in HELL!
prayforchuck

West Columbia, SC

#18 Sep 15, 2008
Amber would be better off dead...He prob. would have gottn less punishment. More people care about what happens to him then her...I personally hope everytime she hits the floor trying to walk she thinks about him sitting behind bars...she decided his fate...hers was an accident that he appoligized for.
stupidfers

Chester, SC

#19 Nov 20, 2008
omgosh, i just read your comments today. i can not believe how stupid some of you are. i know amber personally, she did not deserve this. i know she did not even talk to chuck ever before. you don't know what happened that night, do you?! because you are not amber. you were not shot. you do not know what if feels like to not feel your legs ever again. she has nerve ever day of her life, screaming out in pain. it has been two years, and it still hasn't gotten any better. she has to fight for herself everyday. she is in a wheelchair. think about what your saying, she is the biggest hero in the south. you people have problems and need to get lives. do not ever, ever say anything like that again. people, do not pray for chuck. he is guilty as charged. he should be in prison for life, just like amber is in the wheelchair for life. he wouldn't have gone to the party, then none of this would have happened. he shouldn't have gotten the gun. wow. you people need to get an education. she does not get any money. she is trying to get an education to actually have a decent life. her life was ruined the day chuck shot her. yes, do you hear me?! SHOT HER! what the hell, is wrong with you people!!!!!!!!!!
UGHH

Great Falls, SC

#20 Nov 22, 2008
prayforchuck wrote:
Amber would be better off dead...He prob. would have gottn less punishment. More people care about what happens to him then her...I personally hope everytime she hits the floor trying to walk she thinks about him sitting behind bars...she decided his fate...hers was an accident that he appoligized for.
You will rot in hell for saying something like this! She didnt decide shit for him! He decided it for himself! He shot her, stupid!! She might have been under age drinking, but hey we all do/did! Apologies dont make NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING better! Espicially something as critical as this!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fairfield County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tour the past from your computer (Sep '06) Jun '13 nope 4
News Columbia to increase monitoring from nuclear plant (Oct '12) Oct '12 Attention 2
News Santee Cooper plans rate hikes for nuclear plants (Dec '11) Dec '11 hahahoho 1
News Gullah culture, cuisine rich with history (May '11) May '11 trevincannon 1
News Fairfield County Releases Salaries (Jun '08) Oct '10 concerned 10
News Three people injured in shooting on Chester Co.... (May '10) May '10 WOW 1
News Fairfield County school board chair to challeng... (May '10) May '10 bULL 4
More from around the web