Geography of Bridgeport

Geography of Bridgeport

There are 18 comments on the How Stuff Works story from Oct 5, 2011, titled Geography of Bridgeport. In it, How Stuff Works reports that:

"Geography of Bridgeport" 30 March 2008. HowStuffWorks.com. 06 October 2011. Bridgeport, Connecticut, one of the largest cities in the state.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at How Stuff Works.

BPT

Woodbury, CT

#1 Oct 6, 2011
bridgeport settled in 1639....fasinating....never knew that.

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#2 Oct 6, 2011
Milford, tto, was incorporated in 1639. Lotsa history around these parts.

Location hidden

#3 Oct 6, 2011
Hah! TOo, not tTo! Egads, where's my coffee??
BPT

Woodbury, CT

#4 Oct 6, 2011
LynneB wrote:
do ya think the settelers were stompin around in the woods with their "peace pipe" also at this time of the year, listening to the leaves crunch?

people are different, yet the same....;)

Location hidden

#5 Oct 6, 2011
BPT wrote:
<quoted text>do ya think the settelers were stompin around in the woods with their "peace pipe" also at this time of the year, listening to the leaves crunch?
people are different, yet the same....;)
LOL!! I'd like to think so, but I bet they were busy getting ready for the harsh winters that came soon after the falling leaves. This month's full moon is the Hunter's Moon, isn't it?
BPT

Woodbury, CT

#6 Oct 6, 2011
LynneB wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!! I'd like to think so, but I bet they were busy getting ready for the harsh winters that came soon after the falling leaves. This month's full moon is the Hunter's Moon, isn't it?
i think, isin't that when the moon hangs low in the sky and is big and yellow in color?

“'never'”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#7 Oct 6, 2011
As recently as 1900 there were still indians living at the head of the harbor in bridgeport. Don't know what kind of structures they lived in though.
The 'hollow' section of town was a tidal marsh- all filled in now. It would have been great to see it.
MRS AVA

Wellford, SC

#8 Oct 6, 2011
Citizen44 wrote:
As recently as 1900 there were still indians living at the head of the harbor in bridgeport. Don't know what kind of structures they lived in though.
The 'hollow' section of town was a tidal marsh- all filled in now. It would have been great to see it.
When stading at ther BPT RR Station waiting for the train I often looked out past the Ferry terminal and thought ..how beautiful the harbor and BPT must have looked before man corrupted it.
MRS AVA

Wellford, SC

#9 Oct 6, 2011
How beautiful the BPT harbor must have looked back then.

“'never'”

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#10 Oct 6, 2011
MRS AVA wrote:
<quoted text>When stading at ther BPT RR Station waiting for the train I often looked out past the Ferry terminal and thought ..how beautiful the harbor and BPT must have looked before man corrupted it.
And how beautiful the water must have been to see, before the raised railroad bed and highway cut off the view.
MRS AVA

Wellford, SC

#11 Oct 6, 2011
Citizen44 wrote:
<quoted text>
And how beautiful the water must have been to see, before the raised railroad bed and highway cut off the view.
The stuff floating in that water now is VILE!

Since: Mar 08

Stratford, CT

#12 Oct 6, 2011
Citizen44 wrote:
There are many Native American artifacts we had found along the Wepawaug River and it's run off which ran through the border of my former residence in North Milford,Ct. We several years ago found arrowheads...pottery and other items embedded in the mud after a huge rainstorm. We called Yale who sent over a person that authenticated our findings. We were happy to give them over so they may use them in their Museum which they remain. I am certain there must be more along that Wepawaug and it's run off stream located North Street and flowing all along to Flax Mill and between the houses Woodruff(Milford)Robert Treat Dr
on the border of Orange

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#13 Oct 6, 2011
MRS AVA wrote:
<quoted text>The stuff floating in that water now is VILE!
And so are your brains. Get lost, Loser.

Location hidden

#14 Oct 6, 2011
LynneB wrote:
Yes, there is. Good day to you, my friend.
Mark R

White Plains, NY

#15 Oct 6, 2011
America Gentleman Samuel wrote:
<quoted text>
And so are your brains. Get lost, Loser.
boring

Location hidden

#16 Oct 6, 2011
Boring is Mark R, a Dummy.
Mark R

White Plains, NY

#17 Oct 6, 2011
America Gentleman Samuel wrote:
Boring is Mark R, a Dummy.
What a WACKO

Location hidden

#18 Oct 6, 2011
True, Mark R is a wacko and a Dummy. Shut up and go away.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fairfield County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Snow to keep falling across Southwestern Connec... Mar '16 Samuels Furnace Man 3
News With Overnight Snow On The Way, Winter Weather ... Feb '16 STALKER ALERT 6
News French-Vietnamese a unique dinner combination Jan '16 EFF U 2
Democrats boat is sinking Jan '16 FACT FINDING 1
News Flood regulations slow Bridgeport waterfront de... Dec '15 Citizen44 6
News Bridgeport ranked 2nd richest U.S. city (Nov '15) Nov '15 CTM 2
News 95-Year-Old Woman Sets Climbing Record at The A... (Oct '15) Oct '15 BPT 1
More from around the web