130 illegal immigrants arrested had criminal record, nearly half arrested in county

Mar 23, 2011 Full story: Fairfax Times 113

ICE officers approach a home as part of Operation Crosscheck Northern Virginia. Nearly half of 130 foreign nationals with criminal records targeted by a three-day U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement surge in Northern Virginia were arrested in Fairfax County this week.

Full Story
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Dee Dee Dee

Bethlehem, PA

#1 Mar 23, 2011
"We are a nation with a proud history of immigration. If you come here lawfully, work hard, and play by the rules, the United States welcomes you with open arms," Morton said. "For those who come here unlawfully and commit crimes at the expense of their neighbors and their communities, we will not rest until we find you and send you home."

If only our elected officials felt this way.
deport them all

Nanuet, NY

#2 Mar 23, 2011
Detect, Detain, and Deport!! all illegal aliens and their spawn...
American Eagle

La Puente, CA

#3 Mar 23, 2011
I agree Dee Dee. I wished our illustrias President would, but then that would mean he would have to deport his illegal aunti. To me, if politicians have illegal family members, they should not be able to run for office. Obammy is a prime example, he will not enforce our immigration laws cuz it would affect his family.
Dee Dee Dee

Bethlehem, PA

#4 Mar 23, 2011
It is bad enough that the BP hires anchor babies whose parents are in the country illegally and members of Mexican drug cartels but the fact that the president of the United States has in fact aided and harbored an illegal alien is offensive to every American and immigrant. The other offensive part is that she is living off of the taxpayers when Obama could well afford to support her.
Dee Dee Dee

Bethlehem, PA

#5 Mar 23, 2011
deport them all wrote:
Detect, Detain, and Deport!! all illegal aliens and their spawn...
Dee Dee Dee :)
Juan

Pearland, TX

#6 Mar 23, 2011
I do not commit crimes, just work to support my family.
bye bye illegals

Austin, TX

#7 Mar 23, 2011
Juan wrote:
Your very presence in the US is breaking the law.

Go home.
seabass

Fort Myers, FL

#8 Mar 23, 2011
Juan wrote:
If your here ILLEGALLY you've committed a crime.
George S

Hartselle, AL

#10 Mar 23, 2011
It is amazing how many people do not understand the meaning of the word Illegal.

“THE RUMBLE WILL BECOME A ROAR”

Since: Dec 06

United States of America

#11 Mar 23, 2011
Juan wrote:
Topix pays you to troll?
Amexico is more like it

Richmond, VA

#12 Mar 23, 2011
All 130 will be back on our US streets tomorrow. You can thank our wonderful President for the new policy change at ICE. Legal, Hard Working, Tax Paying Citizens have been SOLD OUT. Say Goodbye to the great US you knew twenty years ago. Take your money out of investments and the bank and enjoy your life while you can. The second Great Depression will be here shortly. Forty five state right now want to claim Bankruptsy due to Illegals sucking them dry.
Armup

Meriden, CT

#13 Mar 23, 2011
Dee Dee Dee wrote:
It is bad enough that the BP hires anchor babies whose parents are in the country illegally and members of Mexican drug cartels but the fact that the president of the United States has in fact aided and harbored an illegal alien is offensive to every American and immigrant. The other offensive part is that she is living off of the taxpayers when Obama could well afford to support her.
POS O`buma may very well be an illegal himself as NO U.S. Birth Certificate for him exists, not even in Hawaii as admitted to by the Director of Hawaii`s vital statistics, health dept....
His Aunt in Kenya has stated that she witnessed his birth in KENYA.......... It beguiles one that the American people continue to allow this foreigner to occupy the office of the President.
Impeach this fraud now..........
Dee Dee Dee

Bethlehem, PA

#14 Mar 24, 2011
Juan wrote:
Wrong. You do commit crimes it is I and all American taxpayers work to support your family

Since: Jun 08

Woodbridge, VA

#15 Mar 24, 2011
And if any of them get cut loose, Corey Stewart will be all over the Feds.

Not all were Hispanic - look at the article. This goes to show that we have illegals here from all over the world that are committing other crimes. Some were arrested in my area.

"The operation netted 163 total arrests: 130 illegal immigrants with criminal records, eight fugitives, three illegal immigrants who had previously been deported and returned to the U.S. illegally, and 22 non- criminals who were issued a notice to appear in immigration court due to their immigration status, Morton said.

Overall the arrestees represent more than 32 different nations, including countries in Latin America, the Middle East, Asia, the Caribbean, and Africa, Morton said. Of the 163 arrested, 134 were men and 29 were women. Why can't we get serious about all illegals???

"Sixty-two of the 130 illegal immigrants said to have criminal records were arrested in Fairfax County, although only two were identified by individual municipality. Those two were identified as residing in Herndon, where local police officers have the power to enforce federal immigration law through an agreement with ICE called 287(g).

"Our 287(g) officers partnered with ICE to arrest those offenders residing in Herndon," said Herndon Police Chief Toussaint Summers at the press conference on Wednesday.

Other agencies participating in "Operation Cross Check Northern Virginia" include the Fairfax County Police Department, Loudoun County Sheriff's Office, Manassas City Police Department, Manassas Park Police Department, Prince William County Police Department, Prince William County Sheriff's Office, Virginia State Police, and the U.S. Marshal's office.

"Our Deputy U.S. Marshals, as well as the state and local partners that comprise our task force, were honored to partner with ICE for these critical operations," said John Hackman, U.S. Marshal for the Eastern District of Virginia. "We were successful in apprehending a number of individuals that were not only in this country illegally, but also had extensive criminal histories and continued to engage in unlawful conduct."

Many of those arrested in the regional sting have records of committing sexual crimes, including a 39-year-old British national and legal permanent resident. Morton said that particular individual's criminal history includes a conviction for aggravated sexual battery of a child. "

Woodbridge, VA

#16 Mar 24, 2011
Sorry - computer jump amd my comment got into the artcle text. "Why can't we get serious about all illegals??? " should not be where it is.
County Resident

Raleigh, NC

#17 Mar 24, 2011
Amexico is more like it wrote:
All 130 will be back on our US streets tomorrow. You can thank our wonderful President for the new policy change at ICE. Legal, Hard Working, Tax Paying Citizens have been SOLD OUT. Say Goodbye to the great US you knew twenty years ago. Take your money out of investments and the bank and enjoy your life while you can. The second Great Depression will be here shortly. Forty five state right now want to claim Bankruptsy due to Illegals sucking them dry.
I sincerely doubt if it is illegal persons sucking them dry. They are considering bankruptcy because they have no tax revenue. Too many people are unemployed. People are unemployed because, as we have apparently forgotten, Wall Street and the big banks caused the economy to crash. They have recovered and have resumed giving their CEO's big bonuses. The rest of us are left unemployed, and that means no tax revenue. It's not because there are illegal workers in this country.
ChicagoAmerican

Riverview, MI

#18 Mar 24, 2011
And the rest were using the fake identities and stolen SS#'s to hide their criminal records. Why don't the cops check for this stuff? I have to live with this kind of scum and I KNOW that they are all criminals.
Jorge

Bayamon, Puerto Rico

#19 Mar 24, 2011
How many Americans are involved in human trafficking (which includes fake id's, hiring, etc. for profit)?

Woodbridge, VA

#20 Mar 24, 2011
Jorge wrote:
How many Americans are involved in human trafficking (which includes fake id's, hiring, etc. for profit)?
We had a bust in Northern, VA within the past couple months that resulted in some arrests.

This is a neighboring county that was almost going sanctuary http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/DC-Fa...

"An underground factory that manufactured fraudulent documents got raided by the Loudoun County Sheriff's office Friday.

Officers uncovered a cache of computers, printers, and cameras used to make the mock documents. The investigators also discovered over 500 fraudulent documents, including drivers licenses, social security cards, permanent resident cards, and work authorization cards. Two vehicles believed to be involved in the operation along with $2,000 in cash were also found.

Four were arrested in connection with the counterfeiting ring. Two of the suspects, Santos Felipe Abrego-Archila, 37, and his brother, Jose Alfredo Abrego-Archila, had been previously deported from the country. Another suspect, Jesus Orellana-Mena, 37, had been in the United States under temporary protective status which is now expired. All three face fraudulent document charges, and are being held in Loudoun County Adult Detention Center.

The fourth suspect, Ana Mirian Marroquin-Alvardo, 41, was not charged with falsifying documents but was found to be in the country illegally. She has been turned over to Immigration Customs and Enforcement."

Last year there was another larger one broken up in the Richmond, VA area. I think it was December. So we are looking at these as well and trying to bust those providing the documents.
Dee Dee Dee

Bethlehem, PA

#21 Mar 24, 2011
Jorge wrote:
Very few. It is another one of those jobs Americans do not want to do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fairfax County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Suspect in U.Va. murder case to appear in court Feb 18 Paul 1
Details regarding care of Va. tasered inmate em... Feb 14 Peter-Greenspunlaw 1
ISO kids online soliciting for their PTA Fun Runs Feb 13 Fairfax Daddy 1
McAuliffe vows to veto 'conscience clause' bill Jan '15 Xstain Mullah Fri... 2
McLean Bible Church - Concealed agenda (Mar '10) Dec '14 AskedToLeave 21
Hit and run leaves 1 dead in Virginia Nov '14 FEARLESS 1
Fairfax board rejects extension of controversia... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Anonymous 2
More from around the web