Local Leads: Fire-Breathing Bartender...

Local Leads: Fire-Breathing Bartenders Face Charges

There are 3 comments on the NBC Washington story from Aug 11, 2010, titled Local Leads: Fire-Breathing Bartenders Face Charges. In it, NBC Washington reports that:

The following stories have been hand-selected by the Assignment Desk at News4: BUSTED Two sisters who used phony bank accounts to con a local car dealership out of more than $185,000 worth of vehicles pleaded guilty to felony charges yesterday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC Washington.

ElZilcho

Springfield, VA

#1 Aug 14, 2010
That is completely messed up to charge them with three felonies! What the hell is the matter with the fire marshalls? I get it that it is illegal, but a felony means you can never vote or own a gun. I for one do not like guns, but in a world where so many people have them, not allowing someone to have one over an incident like this is F'ed up. Even just the fact that they are charged with a felony will essentially destroy their lives. People are not supposed to be punished in America for a crime until they are proven guilty. But just the fact that they were charged with felonies will prevent them from getting any sort of decent job, whether they end up being convicted or not. Believe me I know, I was charged with felonies for damage to a vending machine many years ago and I still am only able to get hired at restaurants. The felonies were dropped but that doesn't matter to any employer that sees them on your record, they see felonies and they don't want anything to do with it. This is not the America I learned about in grade school. Every day authorities abuse their power and it is not fair to the American people. People like this are destroying America and they are far worse than the bartenders who broke one of Virginia's crazy alcohol laws. Authorities are supposed to be there to protect us, then how come they strike more fear in many people than anything else? I've been illegally searched and abused by police numerous times and who is there to police the police? Just because you can charge someone with something doesn't mean you should. Laws were originally intended to protect people but all too often people are charged not because they should be but because they legally can be. Just because you can do something legally does not mean you are being a good person. This fire marshall is a disgrace to America and is clearly not doing anybody any good. I could do something about it instead of just communicating what the problem is, but I guess I am just a better person than them.
Ronster

Culpeper, VA

#2 Aug 14, 2010
ElZilchoGet a grip. They are charged, They have not been to trial and they're simply charged until either guilt or innocence is determined. in a court of law. Judges do not arbitrarily issue arrests warrants without substatiating fact and/or evidence. If you had any idea of juris prudence you would know the terminolody "innocent until proven guilty" is an incorrect statement.
ElZilcho

Springfield, VA

#3 Aug 15, 2010
I'm just saying these felonies are going to affect them for a long time even if they are not convicted. I may not be a perfect citizen, but I have been in a similar situation where I was charged with charges far worse than what I should have been charged with, and even though the charges were reduced/dropped they have continued to impact my life to this day. These bartenders don't deserve what has happened to them. They did something wrong so they should be punished, but even one felony is ridiculous, much less three.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fairfax County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Immigration Agents Arrested Men Outside a Churc... Feb '17 tomin cali 2
McLean Bible Church - Concealed agenda (Mar '10) Feb '17 YOUR TIME IS UP 23
News PolitiFact Va.: Larry Pratt gets Pants on Fire ... Dec '16 Roscoe 1
Woman Fatally Stabbed in Mt. Vernon, Police Say Nov '16 openmind693 1
Five Guys Background Check Nov '16 Chris 2
News Miley Cyrus Campaigns for Clinton at College Do... Oct '16 Fifteen Minutes A... 1
News VIDEO: Va. Task Force 1 search and rescue heads... Oct '16 tiny 1
More from around the web