Essex County authorities offer $5K re...

Essex County authorities offer $5K reward for information on fatal beating of Newark bar owner

There are 1 comment on the Millville News story from Feb 16, 2011, titled Essex County authorities offer $5K reward for information on fatal beating of Newark bar owner. In it, Millville News reports that:

Exterior photo of the Happy Hour Cafe on Warwick Street, where the owner was apparently beaten to death Friday night during a robbery.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Millville News.

DJ LEGEND

Brogue, PA

#1 Feb 16, 2011
WOW!!! I NEW EDDIE SINCE I WAS A KID WHEN I LIVED IN THE AREA WHICH SPANNED NEARLY 40 YEARS AND HE WAS A VERY NICE GUY BUT, AS ANYONE WHO HAS A HISTORY LIVING IN THE AREA KNOWS,NICE GUYS ARE ALWAYS TARGETS IN THE IRORNBOUND SECTION OR DOWNNECK NEWARK,LIKE I LIKE TO CALL IT.IT'S A FRIGAN SHAME THAT YOU CAN'T EVEN OWN YOUR BUSINESS AND MAKE A LIVING WITHOUT SOME PUNKS TRYING TO TAKE IT AWAY FROM YOU.EDDIE DIDN'T DESERVE THAT. HE WAS BEATEN AND KILLED FOR A FEW DOLLARS? MY GOD,PEOPLE ARE GETTING MIGHTY DESPRATE TO GO THAT FAR,ESPECIALLY DOWN THERE.THAT'S WHY I'M GLAD I MOVED AWAY FROM MY HOME TOWN WHEN I DID BACK IN 2004.IT'S A SHAME REALLY BECAUSE TOWARDS THE END I WOULD WALK DOWN TO FERRY STREET OR EVEN PACIFIC STREET AND I HARDLY RECOGNIZED ANYONE.THE PEOPLE I DID SEE LOOKED AT ME AS THOUGH I WAS THE STRANGER!!MY FAMILY OWNED A 1 FAMILY HOME FOR 37 YEARS AND THE MAJORITY OF THESE PEOPLE THAT LIVED THERE BACK THEN PAYED RENT AND MORE THAN HALF WERE HERE ILEGALLY!!THIS CAN HAPPEN ANYWHERE,BUT NOW I DEFINETLY KNOW I MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE TO GET OUT!!IT'S JUST NOT THE SAME ANYMORE AND I HAVE MADE SEVERAL TRIPS BACK TO VISIT SINCE 2004 AND IT REALLY HAS CHANGED.IT'S GONE DOWN THE TOILET!!REST IN PEACE EDDIE AND I SEND MY CONDOLANCES TO HIS WIFE DEENA AND SON,CHARLIE.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Essex County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Greedy Evil little mayor Sep '17 Ton 2
News Faith leaders rail against political 'shenaniga... Sep '17 Excellencenotpoli... 2
News Newark pediatrician gets 3-year prison sentence... Aug '17 Candace 1
NJ GED Senator running NJ Jul '17 Bob G 1
George Norcross and mark neisser Jul '17 USNews 1
What's the profile for a home invasion criminal... Jun '17 terrydws 1
I'm going to need a new cardiologist Jun '17 Njdevil288 1
More from around the web