Is inmate labor the answer?

Is inmate labor the answer?

There are 5 comments on the Atmore Advance story from Oct 17, 2011, titled Is inmate labor the answer?. In it, Atmore Advance reports that:

As farms and other industries in Alabama feel the effects of the state's new sweeping immigration law, some have speculated whether the prison population could help offset the loss of workers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Atmore Advance.

Yes yes yes

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Oct 17, 2011
Absolutely, let them work for their room & board!
Mike

Crest Hill, IL

#2 Oct 17, 2011
There is no short term answer, other than the farmers knew where doing wrong to begin with, and now they will have to pay for their criminal behavior.
The long term answer is to use the H2A visa program that is there to supply migrants to the agriculture industry. Enforce our immigration laws (which were written in most part by Sen. Kennedy and the democrats) and the migrants will be available for their visas instead of running to Chicago, California or other big sanctuary cities. The immediate reason the farmers can't find the migrants is because they have walked off the farms to these santuaries where they are coddled. A lot of their workers are in my community. The parents can only be found after dark but their children are in every social benefits program we can afford.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#3 Oct 17, 2011
Inmate and welfare recipients as well.

“Do you like my abs? ”

Since: May 11

San Gabriel, CA

#4 Oct 17, 2011
nomoreillegals2 wrote:
Inmate and welfare recipients as well.
Especially trailer trash.
What

Saint Louis, MO

#5 Oct 17, 2011
The Infamous Rico wrote:
<quoted text>
Especially trailer trash.
You'd know all about trailer trash, as you're one of them!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Escambia County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
They cannot withhold your Diploma for punishment! (Jun '13) Jun '13 Sirr 1
Sheriff Thelbert David Morgan (Feb '13) Feb '13 Steff Berry 1
News Poarch Creek Indians may be taxed by Escambia C... (Apr '12) Dec '12 Tonto 3
The 2011 North Florida State Miss Heart of Amer... (Jul '11) Jul '11 Peggy 1
News County jailer jailed (Dec '10) Dec '10 well 1
News Federal flood funds still not available (May '10) May '10 Vernon Graves 1
News Robber, Assailant Now In Escambia Jail (Apr '10) Apr '10 octavia crum 1
More from around the web