Former fugitive Ralph ``Bucky'' Phill...

Former fugitive Ralph ``Bucky'' Phillips speaks from prison

There are 55 comments on the Newsday story from Apr 6, 2007, titled Former fugitive Ralph ``Bucky'' Phillips speaks from prison. In it, Newsday reports that:

During more than five months on the run from state police, Ralph "Bucky" Phillips claimed he disguised himself as a state trooper and even spoke with a trooper who failed to recognize him.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

FU IN NY

Dunkirk, NY

#21 May 3, 2010
upstates girl wrote:
I hope bubba is treating him well in prison!! lol!! Man i bet ya his a??hole is the size of a stetson!!lol!
hahahaha thats hilarious and i hope its true

Since: Aug 09

Canton, OH

#22 May 19, 2010
upstate bob wrote:
bucky is an ass and always will be,the article in the paper quoted him as saying the months on the run were the most enjoyable of his life,what an ass,i am just sorry they didn't shoot his sorry ass,and save us taxpayers alot of money.
yesterday ralph bucky received more write-in votes in waterford than anyone else.
wnytata

Fredonia, NY

#23 Jun 6, 2010
mrwhipple51 wrote:
<quoted text>if the cop would have been
minding his own business bucky never would have shot him.
So it's ok that Bucky shot him because he was doing his job? It is NEVER ok to pull a trigger on a gun aimed at a human being.That trooper was protecting the people in New York. Was his job people.I'm sure his salary wasn't high enough to risk his life for but he did it anyway.He was a son, husband, father but most important a human being who lost his life trying to protect us.

New Philadelphia, OH

#24 Jun 7, 2010
i do not understand your comment. why is it ok that ralph bucky a man?
John from Amherst

Buffalo, NY

#27 Jul 14, 2010
I hate those bastards had two dump trucks and they harassed all the time .they don,t give a shit because they are getting big money. All they are good for is to stop people along the road and give tickets to all the people.It was a big joke when they all gathered to go into the woods with their shiny shoes on and go as far as the short grass and peek into the woods. They took it out on His innocent people. They had no busniness harrassing His family.

Canton, OH

#28 Jul 14, 2010
wnytata wrote:
<quoted text>So it's ok that Bucky shot him because he was doing his job? It is NEVER ok to pull a trigger on a gun aimed at a human being.That trooper was protecting the people in New York. Was his job people.I'm sure his salary wasn't high enough to risk his life for but he did it anyway.He was a son, husband, father but most important a human being who lost his life trying to protect us.
it is a tragedy. but try to look at the bright side. his wife got a lot of insurance money and her boyfriend is very comfortable now.
Anti-upstates girl

State College, PA

#29 Oct 9, 2010
I apologize to any family member of the slain law enforcement that doesn’t understand that stealing a man’s grandchild and killing his cousin in cold blood has repercussions. You can wipe your ass with the U.S. Constitution, but don’t mess with a man’s family. Yes, I would say this to their faces!
David Johnson

Winfield, IL

#30 Oct 22, 2010
"It is NEVER ok to pull a trigger on a gun aimed at a human being." really? if this were true, we'd still be ran by the f*cking British. the USA wouldn't be free if we didn't pull the damn trigger on another human being. u f*cking hippies and ur bullsh!t dreams. listen, violence is necessary for protection. the officer wasn't dressed in full uniform and never identified himself as an officer. MISTAKES HAPPEN. LIVE WITH IT. and how bout all the cops who have shot innocent children? how do u feel bout those families? do u feel the cop did the right thing by killing innocent people? f*ck u and ur god damn shenanigans
John Cattlefish

Painted Post, NY

#31 Dec 21, 2010
Please send money to the Bucky Phillips defence fund. It will help defray costs in trying to free Bucky.
He has a job waiting for him as a bartender at "The Brick".

Erie, PA

#32 Dec 24, 2010
FU IN NY wrote:
Does it matter wrote:
How stupid are you? It doesn't matter what his past was before he pulled the trigger. Once that first slug was released he's now a murder, regardless of police or not. He should be put out with the dogs. Quit wasting my tax money on him, Patterson wants to save us money, less than one dollar for one bullet would save over $50,000/yr
<quoted text>
"the cop did not die because of the gun shot wound. the cop died because his leg was amputated."
Hmmm, and why was his leg amputated, could it be because that bastard Bucky shot him????
it said in the erie-times the doctors amputated the wrong leg.
George Bush

Troy, PA

#33 Jan 8, 2011
No relation to the ex-pres.
Did anyone know that Bucky had a promising career as a county and western singer.
If it had not been for them damn troopers he might be real famous by now.
What a waste.
Jimm Bastrtte

Ithaca, NY

#34 Jan 14, 2011
Bucky was attacked by and responded by defending himself against two state troopers on the Paroit Road in NY. I am aware of a push on to re-name this road "BUCKY LANE" in observance of this tragic experience.

Erie, PA

#35 Jan 16, 2011
i think we can all agree that bucky is a fine individual and wonderful human being. this country needs more of such people.
Martin

Spring Hill, FL

#36 Jan 17, 2011
Well always remeber Joseph longabardo
Red James

Elmira, NY

#37 Jan 29, 2011
I grew up with "The Buck" and knew him as a man who would give you the shirt off his back.
He would also give you a bullet in the back given half a chance.
A "True Half Wit" all "American Coward"!
And, a model for the American Republican Conservative Party.

Erie, PA

#38 Jan 30, 2011
FU IN NY wrote:
Does it matter wrote:
How stupid are you? It doesn't matter what his past was before he pulled the trigger. Once that first slug was released he's now a murder, regardless of police or not. He should be put out with the dogs. Quit wasting my tax money on him, Patterson wants to save us money, less than one dollar for one bullet would save over $50,000/yr
<quoted text>
"the cop did not die because of the gun shot wound. the cop died because his leg was amputated."
Hmmm, and why was his leg amputated, could it be because that bastard Bucky shot him????
his leg was amputated because the doctors wanted to rip off the insurance company.

Erie, PA

#39 Feb 13, 2011
Sylvia Honig wrote:
NYTimes reporter Michael Wilson forgot to mention that Phillips had no history of violence whatsoever, had never before escaped from 20 years in prisons, that practically anyone could have escaped from Erie County jail, that the police manhunt for Phillips was badly bungled..that Phillips could have been flushed out of the woods by police dogs and a trooper wouldn't have been killed, that Phillips had no money and police knew he would be hanging around his daughter's house..and that a state trooper shot and killed Bradley Horton, an innocent young man who the trooper mistook for Phillips. That seems to be hushed up. And Wilson knew that
Phillips agreed to the interview if Wilson would describe the unfair, inhumane treatment he's receiving at Clinton Prison. But it should sell a lot of NYTimes papers.
expect ralph "bucky" to get more write-in votes than anyone else in erie county in the upcoming primary election AGAIN.
Dave Rentar

Corning, NY

#40 Feb 19, 2011
Hell yeah I would vote for him!
I least we would know we are getting a genuine law breaker instead of some idiot crook that hides behind some political party.

Erie, PA

#41 Feb 19, 2011
Dave Rentar wrote:
Hell yeah I would vote for him!
I least we would know we are getting a genuine law breaker instead of some idiot crook that hides behind some political party.
Do not expect his name to be on the ballot. You will have to write his name in.
Brad Eisenhower

Norristown, PA

#42 Apr 6, 2011
Apparently you don't know the true definition of a hero and, possibly, you're getting it confused with the definition of a turd. I suspect that you are most likely a criminal yourself and therefore biased towards those public servants who are sworn to protect the lives and liberties of turds like Phillips and yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Erie councilman's EMTA proposal seeks $2 millio... Jun 25 Popcorn 1
News No trial date set for 5 Erie men charged in fat... Jun 8 gasoline 2
News Contractor wants dismissed from Erie inmate sui... Jun 1 the shadow 10
News Former Rcwe Ceo out at Destination Erie (Jan '14) May '16 Lauren Rogers 7
News Erie firefighters douse hot spots in warehouse ... May '16 Dan 2
News Sanders supporter to protest outside Erie Democ... May '16 hillary clinton 2
News Erie man gets 15 to 40 years for child rape (Apr '12) May '16 DumpTruck 7
More from around the web