Destination Erie project manager expe...

Destination Erie project manager expects 'great ideas' from public meetings

There are 15 comments on the Erie Times News story from Jun 1, 2014, titled Destination Erie project manager expects 'great ideas' from public meetings. In it, Erie Times News reports that:

Frantz, 35, was hired in February as Destination Erie's project manager. Three months later, she is convinced the regional plan is headed in the right direction.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Erie Times News.

Larry

Erie, PA

#1 Jun 1, 2014
Didn't they already blow $200,000 which included public meetings, expensive speakers, and a fancy website?

Now more meetings asking people "what the want to see".

The chamber and jefferson society screwed the whole thing up by hiring inexperienced, unqualified people. It's really too late now to produce anything coherent or workable.

Top down planning manipulated by the establishment doesn't work.
the locals

Erie, PA

#2 Jun 1, 2014
We don't care what they come up with, it's not going in anywhere near us.
Eastside Elway

Erie, PA

#3 Jun 1, 2014
Another cheer leader with no clue voicing her opinion & apparently already out of the loop .
I did here some talk from someone fairly close to the proposed plan that a more comprehensive search is being made for another & hopefully more suitable site.
nimby

Erie, PA

#4 Jun 1, 2014
this isn't about a rail terminal you harborcrick dolts.
Creeker

Erie, PA

#5 Jun 1, 2014
HEY NIMBY...Kiss my AZZ
Creeker

Erie, PA

#6 Jun 1, 2014
NIMBY sleeps with his mommy
CRANK

Erie, PA

#7 Jun 2, 2014
I read the article,including the question/answer portion, and was not surprised to find that not a single specific suggestion was anywhere to be found.
extra stupid

Montpelier, OH

#8 Jun 2, 2014
Erie....gateway to Union City and Jamestown.
Eastside Elway

United States

#9 Jun 2, 2014
nimby wrote:
this isn't about a rail terminal you harborcrick dolts.
Its harborcreek....... Doofus!
If you think the long range planning for Destination Erie, under the guise of economic development the rail project is not included as essential you are dumber then a box of rocks
extra stupid

Montpelier, OH

#10 Jun 2, 2014
Eastside Elway wrote:
<quoted text>
Its harborcreek....... Doofus!
If you think the long range planning for Destination Erie, under the guise of economic development the rail project is not included as essential you are dumber then a box of rocks
you are on board...passenger train service is eries future !
Creeker

Erie, PA

#11 Jun 2, 2014
the real question here is:

why did develop Erie pay 1.6 million for a piece of property that was valued at 700,000?

why pay 900,000 over the value, where did the extra cash go?

where are the investigative reporters or who are they covering up.
sobchak

Erie, PA

#12 Jun 2, 2014
Creeker wrote:
why did develop Erie pay 1.6 million for a piece of property that was valued at 700,000?
I agree with you. Harborcreek property is pretty much worthless.
Just a taxpayer

Erie, PA

#13 Jun 2, 2014
Creeker wrote:
That's a very interesting question. Where is the ETN investigative reporting team? Perhaps the township supervisors should formally inquire? What was the word that began with a "T" that the economic development people kept using? Oh, I remember, "Transparency." The sale, and possibly lack of oversight, does not sound like good stewardship of public money to me.

And unfortunately, Destination Erie has the same distinct aroma.
Charles Foster Kane

Erie, PA

#14 Jun 2, 2014
Just a taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a very interesting question. Where is the ETN investigative reporting team? Perhaps the township supervisors should formally inquire? What was the word that began with a "T" that the economic development people kept using? Oh, I remember, "Transparency." The sale, and possibly lack of oversight, does not sound like good stewardship of public money to me.
And unfortunately, Destination Erie has the same distinct aroma.
Why don't you go the courthouse and look it up? It ain't a secret.

Where were you when a real secret deal was hatched by Jane Earll which gave GAF $3 million for worthless polluted land and an agreement to relieve GAF of any cleanup responsibility while making sure the land went to the convention center authority which promptly soaked the taxpayers for money to clean it up. Only to make it permanently tax exempt and build another taxpayer funded and subsidized hotel on it.
Kevin Cuneo

Erie, PA

#15 Jun 3, 2014
Erie will soon be everyone's ultimate destination when word spreads about our sunsets, blue moon ice ream on Parade Street, Smith Hot Dogs, and ox roast ! Just you wait.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ted Cruz to bring presidential campaign to Erie... Apr 14 festering schwartz 4
News Erie firefighters douse hot spots in warehouse ... Apr 14 Lucy 1
News Erie County's population sinks for a fourth str... Mar '16 GOP 6
News Millcreek athlete gets state prison term (Feb '15) Mar '16 Erie 16
News Sanders' defense: Erie jurors tainted Mar '16 tired of being PC 2
News Erie re-entry program gets zoning OK; recycling... Mar '16 jax 3
News Pat Cuneo: GEIDC issues should be fully revealed Mar '16 Bow Tie Boy Elliot 3
More from around the web