Erie man killed after asking motorist...

Erie man killed after asking motorist to slow down

There are 472 comments on the Evening Sun story from Apr 27, 2009, titled Erie man killed after asking motorist to slow down. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

A 30-year-old Erie man is dead after being shot and killed for telling a motorist to slow down while driving through a residential neighborhood.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

First Prev
of 24
Next Last
Boinguy

South San Francisco, CA

#489 Aug 31, 2014
That was a hard wrist slap 17-34 years.....
Trayvon

Pittsburgh, PA

#490 Aug 31, 2014
If he was black, dey would have given him life. No punishment for snowflakes
yoflake

Erie, PA

#491 Aug 31, 2014
Trayvon wrote:
If he was black, dey would have given him life. No punishment for snowflakes
If he was black he wouldn't have owned a car.
matttru

Delmont, PA

#492 Aug 20, 2016
Kgo wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no way Joel acted in self defense. If he feared for his life why the He!! did he get out of his car?? I agree they were both tough guys but, I really don't think Jayson jumped in front of a speeding car to stop him. I think he ran out into the steet yelling things at Joel and Joel got mad stopped the car to prove he was tough, with his gun, pointed it at Jayson and when Jayson wanted to fight back Joel pulled the trigger!! I don't care what Jayson was yelling but Joel had no right to get out of his car and kill him. NOT SELF DEFENSE!!!! He needs to go away forever!!
I know Joel and at the time he was fighting MMA. He would not have retrieved his gun unless he felt his life was in danger. He is also the kind of person that would give you the shirt off his back.
noname

Erie, PA

#493 Aug 20, 2016
matttru wrote:
<quoted text>

I know Joel and at the time he was fighting MMA. He would not have retrieved his gun unless he felt his life was in danger. He is also the kind of person that would give you the shirt off his back.
Bottom line he had no business getting out of his car or grabbing a gun, no one was threatening him in his car, he was safe in his car, and fighting MMA? never heard of a mh disorder if that is what you are trying to state. mma as a sport has nothing to do with what he did....he killed a man, period!
Merp

Toledo, OH

#494 Aug 22, 2016
noname wrote:
<quoted text>

Bottom line he had no business getting out of his car or grabbing a gun, no one was threatening him in his car, he was safe in his car, and fighting MMA? never heard of a mh disorder if that is what you are trying to state. mma as a sport has nothing to do with what he did....he killed a man, period!
Joel who?
1knowwhereitlive 5

United States

#495 Aug 28, 2016
When did jaySack become a model citizen? The day their uncle, who is an Erie cop started patrolling their neighborhood? Their cop uncle, was the first cop on the scene. jaySack had a knife & Joel feared for his life. If any of you k know jaySack, you would know that he was not a good person. jaySack had a very bad temper! jaySack is a trained fighter(US Army), even though he went A wall. Joel knew the reputation of jaySack and when jaySack pulled out a knife, Joel pulled out his gun, which he legally acquired. It is true, Joel liked rap music. Liking a certain kind of music hasn't anything to do with Joel's character. jaySack liked Rap Music too, so is jaySack a "thug" as well????? You know, a lot of you who were close to jaySack LNOW what kind of person that he was. It does not matter if he was a good friend, a good father, a good brother, a good uncle, or a good son. There are people sitting in person right now, who were all those things too. That is irrelevant. What is relevant is jaySacks demeanor, or his character whenever he was engaged within a confrontation. jaySacks demeanor was if you do not get out of this man's way, he is going to inflict serious harm on you. Everybody knows how jay is and was. So, you all can sit there and say otherwise and keep lying to yourselves. If jaySack was anything but an aggressive person...then why was he the first person to run up and appoach Joel? I think we all know the answer to the last question. People who acquire guns legally have a right to defend themselves. Joel knows where Vinni lives & he knows everyone the Sacks know. Why would Joel want to shoot a person that he l knows, unless he felt a threatened? I've been thinking about this for years. Joel went to school for Criminology as well, and Joel was well educated with laws and regulations. Joel was not just some uneducated "thug" with a gun, who was looking to kill somebody. He may have been a thickheaded kid but he also was a level headed kid. The fact that Vinni's uncle is the first to show up on the scene(Erie Cop), makes me start asking myself a lot of questions, like where is the knife jaySack pulled out? I heard the 911 tapes just so you all know & I heard Joel tell the 911 operator that there is a man with a knife approaching him, and that he(Joel) has a gun and is going to shoot him(guy with knife) if he takes one more step. Unfortunately, jaySack took that next step and he got killed because jaySack believed that he was tough guy. That is very unfortunate that jaySack died, but even super hero's are not invincible. Vnn sells drugs & you do not see the atf/DEA/FBI/Leo busting down his door? But a man who is educated in law, a law abiding citizen, who has the right to bare arms and defend himself gets a prison sentence for exercising his right to defend himself? This is nation is so ass backwards!
City

Hudson, OH

#496 Aug 28, 2016
1knowwhereitlive5 wrote:
When did jaySack become a model citizen? The day their uncle, who is an Erie cop started patrolling their neighborhood? Their cop uncle, was the first cop on the scene. jaySack had a knife & Joel feared for his life. If any of you k know jaySack, you would know that he was not a good person. jaySack had a very bad temper! jaySack is a trained fighter(US Army), even though he went A wall. Joel knew the reputation of jaySack and when jaySack pulled out a knife, Joel pulled out his gun, which he legally acquired. It is true, Joel liked rap music. Liking a certain kind of music hasn't anything to do with Joel's character. jaySack liked Rap Music too, so is jaySack a "thug" as well????? You know, a lot of you who were close to jaySack LNOW what kind of person that he was. It does not matter if he was a good friend, a good father, a good brother, a good uncle, or a good son. There are people sitting in person right now, who were all those things too. That is irrelevant. What is relevant is jaySacks demeanor, or his character whenever he was engaged within a confrontation. jaySacks demeanor was if you do not get out of this man's way, he is going to inflict serious harm on you. Everybody knows how jay is and was. So, you all can sit there and say otherwise and keep lying to yourselves. If jaySack was anything but an aggressive person...then why was he the first person to run up and appoach Joel? I think we all know the answer to the last question. People who acquire guns legally have a right to defend themselves. Joel knows where Vinni lives & he knows everyone the Sacks know. Why would Joel want to shoot a person that he l knows, unless he felt a threatened? I've been thinking about this for years. Joel went to school for Criminology as well, and Joel was well educated with laws and regulations. Joel was not just some uneducated "thug" with a gun, who was looking to kill somebody. He may have been a thickheaded kid but he also was a level headed kid. The fact that Vinni's uncle is the first to show up on the scene(Erie Cop), makes me start asking myself a lot of questions, like where is the knife jaySack pulled out? I heard the 911 tapes just so you all know & I heard Joel tell the 911 operator that there is a man with a knife approaching him, and that he(Joel) has a gun and is going to shoot him(guy with knife) if he takes one more step. Unfortunately, jaySack took that next step and he got killed because jaySack believed that he was tough guy. That is very unfortunate that jaySack died, but even super hero's are not invincible. Vnn sells drugs & you do not see the atf/DEA/FBI/Leo busting down his door? But a man who is educated in law, a law abiding citizen, who has the right to bare arms and defend himself gets a prison sentence for exercising his right to defend himself? This is nation is so ass backwards!
Don't hold back tell us how you really feel
tired of being PC

Erie, PA

#497 Aug 28, 2016
1knowwhereitlive5 wrote:
You are 100% correct. He was a severe hothead that thought that he was unbeatable, ran around getting drunk and beating people for no reason at times. I believe that this situation was nothing more than Karma biting him in the ass for being such a disrespectful, hothead for most of his adult life.
Stirthepot

Elyria, OH

#498 Aug 29, 2016
Black lives matt..... Oh wait. Carry on...
MMA

Erie, PA

#499 Sep 10, 2016
Joel was an overweight asthmatic POS that got in over his head resulting in a death. Well versed in law and regution??? He went to Mercyhurst NE; they screen by pulse and loan access for the CJ program there.
When was he fighting MMA? I would have payed to witness that. Short reach and a fat gut last I saw him...How didn't he run out of air in the ring?
Stirthepot

Pittsburgh, PA

#500 Sep 11, 2016
Joel got what he deserved. Period

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 24
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jessica Curry star 104 Sep 14 ERIE GUY 1
News GE workers in Erie more productive, not less, u... (Jun '13) Aug '17 exactly 91
News Erie councilman's EMTA proposal seeks $2 millio... (Jun '16) May '17 BpC 2
News Erie poverty initiative to set timetables for a... (Jan '11) May '17 The Doctor 3
News Erie 10 years after Bosworth Report: How much p... (Apr '11) May '17 Lou Sopperootski 19
Biodiesel Dumping in the US May '17 anonymous 1
Isn't Dawn already a District Justice in 6th Wa... Apr '17 Amy 1
More from around the web