Erie ranks 4th among most depressed U...

Erie ranks 4th among most depressed U.S. regions

There are 64 comments on the Erie Times News story from Aug 6, 2011, titled Erie ranks 4th among most depressed U.S. regions. In it, Erie Times News reports that:

A recent Gallup Poll ranked Erie fourth on a list of U.S. Metropolitan Statistical Areas with the highest percentage of people diagnosed with depression.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Erie Times News.

Dink

Erie, PA

#45 Jan 2, 2012
Connoiseur (sp?) Media ruined Erie radio...period. Let's put a drug-addicted former Motley Crue member's show on Rocket 101 and play the same shit over and over again instead of actually hiring someone TALENTED? Also, my iPod has more of a music selection than Star 104. You want good FM radio? Listen to FM96 in London or 103.3 from Buffalo.
Kevin S

Jackson Center, PA

#46 Jan 3, 2012
This dinosaur city blows. We run our city and businesses like we are in the stone ages. Fat puss of a mayor, corrupt businesses and politicians, lousy employers, lousy schools, snobby people, lousy downtown,beaches you can't drink at or throw a ball or frisbee in the water at, lousy drivers, rampant ignorance, drugs everywhere, etc etc. It's no wonder we have so many bars in Erie. I can't wait to leave this dump hole when my kids are grown. It's only barely tolerable thanks to the fact that the blue collar people in this town are actually damn good people. Outside of that, we need to dig a big well to toss a whole lot of people in. Screw Erie...
Kevin S

Jackson Center, PA

#47 Jan 3, 2012
And oh yeah, like Dink said, the radio stations in Erie suck BIGTIME too. Rick Rambaldo is a piece of ish also. Worst thing that ever happened to Erie radio...
curiousgeorge

Waterford, PA

#48 Jan 3, 2012
As I See It wrote:
<quoted text>
Not the only bright spot of my day but one of them for sure. Especially when it comes to Erie, you know "the greatest place on earth to raise a family !".
Not to mention, years ago Joyce Savocchio called Erie the
"Gem of the State" she must do her jewelry shopping in a Landfill.
Erie Guy

West Farmington, OH

#50 Jun 5, 2012
Or maybe, just maybe it could be the proliferation of over medicating by our health system. Had a bad day? Here's some Prozac. Nervous about flying? Here's some Zanax. I think anyone from anywhere in the US could be diagnosed with depression or anxiety at some point in their lives. Not saying there aren't people out there with a serious condition but I feel the medical community is far too eager to place a diagnosis of depression or anxiety vs getting down to the real cause of someones issues. Erie's no different than any other part of the US...
Sheilakathryn

UK

#51 Jan 30, 2014
I've been on Effexor from http://goo.gl/kHgRdx only one week but am cautiously very optimistic. Prior to this I was on citalopram but still feeling very low and sleeping poorly, feeling like I needed to be in bed 12-16 hours a day. Now I am waking naturally after only 8 hours sleep and finding it much easier to concentrate at work. I can hardly believe it is working so quickly but I feel so much better. I've had no side effects.
lonewolf

Erie, PA

#52 Sep 12, 2014
What the heck happened to people being nice to one another ---lets ,turn someone in for this or that ,or turn someones kid in for some petty crap. How about this idea ---Help someone or leave them the hell alone. Too many rats in erie ready to burn somebody
David Crosby

Erie, PA

#53 Sep 13, 2014
I have been an inpatient off and on for my entire life. They finally determined that my depression was because I, well I forgot. But what the hey, I'm here to entertain you. I am Davey Boy Crosby, the goofball in my mother's basement asking all of you to come out and see me in our dilapidated Cape Cod in Conneaut Township. My light is normally on at night. I cannot sleep, because my waterhead wears on me. Ho, Ho, He, He I am the big Dummy named David CrosB. I hope the Pikeekevich boys come out and hit me on my waterhead with their class rings. We can then have a soppy, class reunion.
Goat Cheese

Erie, PA

#54 Sep 13, 2014
David Crosby wrote:
I have been an inpatient off and on for my entire life. They finally determined that my depression was because I, well I forgot. But what the hey, I'm here to entertain you. I am Davey Boy Crosby, the goofball in my mother's basement asking all of you to come out and see me in our dilapidated Cape Cod in Conneaut Township. My light is normally on at night. I cannot sleep, because my waterhead wears on me. Ho, Ho, He, He I am the big Dummy named David CrosB. I hope the Pikeekevich boys come out and hit me on my waterhead with their class rings. We can then have a soppy, class reunion.
My God Mike. Are you still complaining about two 80 yr old guys that hit you on the head with their class rings every time you said something stupid? What was that 35yrs ago? Why don't you go to your class reunion and face them instead of sniveling in your moms basement about ancient history. Time to grow up and move on Headward.
Anonymous

Erie, PA

#55 Sep 15, 2014
These doctors are making bank! See any distinction? Legal dope dealing. Depression is the easiest thing to be diagnosed and misdiagnosed. I remember getting counseling as a kid n these people were trying to shove drugs down my throat. I didn't do it but I believe I'm far from depressed now. Don't give up on urself life changes people change you don't ALWAYS need a magic pill
Anonymous

Erie, PA

#57 Sep 15, 2014
Bill Clintons Cigar wrote:
<quoted text> Mike , the counseling you received as a was not for depression (unless it was for your mother's depression) rather it was to try and find out what was wrong with you mentally. Apparently there was no cure for what they found.
Nope guess not and I'm a productive member of society. Wats ur excuse mike?
Mister Mister

Erie, PA

#58 Sep 15, 2014
<quoted text> Mike , the counseling you received as a was not for depression (unless it was for your mother's depression) rather it was to try and find out what was wrong with you mentally. Apparently there was no cure for what they found.
Ha ha Crosby once again attacked an innocent Topix bystander. LMAO.
To the real Clinton poster, I apologize for David Crosby's stupidity and childish lashing out. He is a real mental case and I am afraid that there is no magic pill that could ever help him. If you read any of his dribble, you will understand.
Anonymous

Erie, PA

#60 Sep 15, 2014
Wow this site is weird Lol
Mister Mister

Sharon, PA

#61 Sep 15, 2014
Wow this site is weird Lol
You ought to know Mike. You made it this way.
doug wilson

Pittsburgh, PA

#62 Sep 15, 2014
You guys have ruined everything. I'm so upset I'm crying
Ned Flanders

Corry, PA

#63 Sep 15, 2014
Then we have nowhere to go but up! Toodlie Doodlie fellow Erieiterinos!
rambo

Erie, PA

#64 Sep 17, 2014
ad if you live near lawerence park they will arrest you for the slightest infraction-----stay away from LP ,the cops should be proud
feelin better

Madisonville, KY

#65 Sep 17, 2014
If you are struggling with depression you are not the only one... I have struggled with it too. There's good news tho! I found something that really does work... I feel so much better it's just a blessing. I thought I would never feel happy again! But thanks to a product called Confianza I am feeling so much better! It's all natural! I don't have time to go to the dr and set half the day for them to give me something that may not even work!!! A friend of mine suggested the Confianza!!!!! And I tried it and I'm so happy that I did!!!! You can contact my friend by text to set up a time to talk! Or you can do like me and get Confianza on her website and pay wholesale price at www.MagicShrink.com
slongie the dwarf

Jenkintown, PA

#66 Sep 23, 2014
Same ole same ole
wiseone

Erie, PA

#67 Sep 24, 2014
feelin better wrote:
If you are struggling with depression you are not the only one... I have struggled with it too. There's good news tho! I found something that really does work... I feel so much better it's just a blessing. I thought I would never feel happy again! But thanks to a product called Confianza I am feeling so much better! It's all natural! I don't have time to go to the dr and set half the day for them to give me something that may not even work!!! A friend of mine suggested the Confianza!!!!! And I tried it and I'm so happy that I did!!!! You can contact my friend by text to set up a time to talk! Or you can do like me and get Confianza on her website and pay wholesale price at www.MagicShrink.com
that's what I need --a magic shrink ====are you nutz

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Isn't Dawn already a District Justice in 6th Wa... Apr 23 Amy 1
News Corry brothers charged with break-ins, beatings (Jan '11) Apr 14 Anonymous 8
News Students lend a helping hand: Gannon University... Apr 5 Gannon alum 1
News Erie 10 years after Bosworth Report: How much p... (Apr '11) Mar '17 Suzucki Joe 16
News Fairview woman held for trial in $100K theft (Jan '15) Mar '17 Edgar 16
News In Brief: Man to serve up to 80 years in Erie C... (Dec '14) Jan '17 tired of being PC 22
News Former fugitive Ralph ``Bucky'' Phillips speaks... (Apr '07) Dec '16 Lizzett 56
More from around the web