Husband-wife guards at Erie County Prison charged in records tampering

Oct 15, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Erie Times News

Erie police have filed criminal charges against a husband and wife -- both of whom are Erie County Prison guards -- in relation to an ongoing county probe of payroll records tampering and missing ammunition at the prison.

Comments
1 - 20 of 28 Comments Last updated Oct 19, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Betty Lazer

New London, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

their pay is so low that they have to steal to maintain their self respect
Mitt

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Betty Lazer wrote:
their pay is so low that they have to steal to maintain their self respect
How the f@ck do i respond to such a stupid statement.Maby they could try insurance fraud, Cut down on expenses, get a part time job, naw piss on it steal and give the staff another black eye.
danny greene

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

I wonder if they'll let them share a cell and have built in conjugal visits I think they'll get slapped on the wrists for their crimes but the tough part is when they forfeit their ongoing insurance and pension benefits and of courset their jobs and future emplyment possibilities. Dumb and dumber is who they should both dress up as for Halloween.
Pizza Taco

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

danny greene wrote:
I wonder if they'll let them share a cell and have built in conjugal visits I think they'll get slapped on the wrists for their crimes but the tough part is when they forfeit their ongoing insurance and pension benefits and of courset their jobs and future emplyment possibilities. Dumb and dumber is who they should both dress up as for Halloween.
OUCH, Such a hater.
Justice

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

danny greene wrote:
I'd say you should dress up like an a@@hole for Halloween, but everyone would recognize you cause evidently, you are one big one!!!!!
I like it

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd say you should dress up like an a@@hole for Halloween, but everyone would recognize you cause evidently, you are one big one!!!!!
Why is he an a@@hole for his comment? He simply stated that they were stupid to give up job security, pension and health benefits (in a tough economy mind you) for a lousy few thousand dollars. That is good common sense. If you are going to violate the law to the point of risking a stable future for your family you better aim very large to make the risk worth it, a few grand in the scheme of what they will lose (forget the fines and jail time or probation) just doesn't make sense in the larger view of things. Danny Greene's comment is very relevant and well taken.
Spiro Agnew

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Woops! Can say, "general population?"
Tim Leary

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
we will see them at the soup kitchen :)
C'mon Man

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

I like it wrote:
<quoted text>Why is he an a@@hole for his comment? He simply stated that they were stupid to give up job security, pension and health benefits (in a tough economy mind you) for a lousy few thousand dollars. That is good common sense. If you are going to violate the law to the point of risking a stable future for your family you better aim very large to make the risk worth it, a few grand in the scheme of what they will lose (forget the fines and jail time or probation) just doesn't make sense in the larger view of things. Danny Greene's comment is very relevant and well taken.
It was stupid and arrogant. However it's my guess that it happens alot with city and county employees. You can see misuse of tax payer dollars all the time. From using a city/county vehicle for personal use, to stealing supplies that are supposed to be used for city/county. Definitely " good ole boy " regime. How many DUI's not charged to cops, fireman or CO's ?????????
3 biggest groups of drunks in the City.
Autumn

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

I like it wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is he an a@@hole for his comment? He simply stated that they were stupid to give up job security, pension and health benefits (in a tough economy mind you) for a lousy few thousand dollars. That is good common sense. If you are going to violate the law to the point of risking a stable future for your family you better aim very large to make the risk worth it, a few grand in the scheme of what they will lose (forget the fines and jail time or probation) just doesn't make sense in the larger view of things. Danny Greene's comment is very relevant and well taken.
It really is nice that all of you have been appointed jury and judge. Everyone has them convicted. All these comments are totally ridiculous. You know the people do you honestly think that even one of them would risk their position for that??? Thank God none of you are my co-workers because the loyality there at the good ECP sucks.
C'mon Man

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Judged:

Autumn wrote:
<quoted text>It really is nice that all of you have been appointed jury and judge. Everyone has them convicted. All these comments are totally ridiculous. You know the people do you honestly think that even one of them would risk their position for that??? Thank God none of you are my co-workers because the loyality there at the good ECP sucks.
I consider a whistle blower a good coworker. Shame on those two for stealing. My guess is in a system where they would normally cover it up, but charged them means the evidence against them is strong. Take off the rose color glasses.
desmond morris

New London, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2012

Mitt wrote:
<quoted text>How the f@ck do i respond to such a stupid statement.Maby they could try insurance fraud, Cut down on expenses, get a part time job, naw piss on it steal and give the staff another black eye.
facetious. Look it up
amazed

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

why no discussion about the anti nepotism rules at the county it would seem that the rules were put in place to prevent this very situation. oh thats right because it might expose the truth like that the head accountant and purchasing agent are also married these issues are what need addressed. this is the kind of thing that gives all county employees a bad name!they all have to go!
Knuckles O Toole

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2012

Judged:

I'm just happy in the knowledge that if they're convicted they'll get the full tilt disco drug sweep. Sweet!

BTW does anyone know the ECP guards names who actually do the colon peek-a-boos? I swear after mine I felt something wet. I'm out on a limb here but if I had to guess I'd say it was tongue.

Does anyone know if that dude's single? I have a couple friends who would love to be swept off their butts--in the most romantic of ways of course. All I need is a name or two. Who of them enjoys and more importantly TAKES PRIDE in their work?

BTW do they get paid by piecework, do they volunteer, do they do psychological tests to weed out homo predators, do their children know what Daddy does to put food on the table????

So many questions--so few outlets for answers. Luckily there's Topix because I need help ;)
pip

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

atleast thier daddy puts food on the table not end up in jail getting strip searched like you obviously did.
C'mon Man

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

By the way, it's rumored that one of the ECP female guards was a stripper prior to becoming a guard. Is there any truth to that? And could that have one of the guards in question. Just sayin
33Cell

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

amazed wrote:
why no discussion about the anti nepotism rules at the county it would seem that the rules were put in place to prevent this very situation. oh thats right because it might expose the truth like that the head accountant and purchasing agent are also married these issues are what need addressed. this is the kind of thing that gives all county employees a bad name!they all have to go!
Amen this has to be taken care of or it will happen again, How can the county let a husband or wife supervise one another on the same shift.
Knuckles O Toole

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

pip wrote:
atleast thier daddy puts food on the table not end up in jail getting strip searched like you obviously did.
Mommy had all the money so it was good all around. They got fed, she rented them new daddies and I got an education.

Don't presume everyone who goes to jail is rightly accused and every judge is honest as the day is long, though that's the line I'd bet if I bet.
cheetos

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

Knuckles O Toole wrote:
I'm just happy in the knowledge that if they're convicted they'll get the full tilt disco drug sweep. Sweet!
BTW does anyone know the ECP guards names who actually do the colon peek-a-boos? I swear after mine I felt something wet. I'm out on a limb here but if I had to guess I'd say it was tongue.
Does anyone know if that dude's single? I have a couple friends who would love to be swept off their butts--in the most romantic of ways of course. All I need is a name or two. Who of them enjoys and more importantly TAKES PRIDE in their work?
BTW do they get paid by piecework, do they volunteer, do they do psychological tests to weed out homo predators, do their children know what Daddy does to put food on the table????
So many questions--so few outlets for answers. Luckily there's Topix because I need help ;)
Good points, I often wondered what they do if they find something. Call for backup? Let nature take its course? Send in the hounds? What??
And from a woman perspective, there’s no way you could get his job description out of your mind while he’s trying to be romantic and feed you strawberries :\
Knuckles O Toole

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2012

33Cell wrote:
<quoted text>Amen this has to be taken care of or it will happen again, How can the county let a husband or wife supervise one another on the same shift.
I think one supervised the other. It's not like they played switch-it. At least not on their jobs ;O

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••