Greg Lucas: Erie region needs new jobs

May 25, 2013 Full story: Erie Times News 35

The state Supreme Court has approved a redistricting plan that will move the 5th Legislative District from northwestern Pennsylvania to Berks County in the eastern part of the state.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Enward Riggs

Bolivar, OH

#1 May 25, 2013
Listen closely; the future is in beach glass
circling the drain

Fairview, PA

#2 May 27, 2013
Maybe we can get Suzuki Joe to build a plant here since so many Erieites love them!
God

Conneaut Lake, PA

#3 May 27, 2013
Greg Lucas, the man who proudly backed the "let's arm the teachers" NRA plan (forgetting to mention he's an NRA instructor).

You knew the district was gone when you ran for the job. Don't bother running against Bizzarro -- very few wingnuts up here to vote for you.
erie observer

United States

#4 May 27, 2013
God wrote:
Greg Lucas, the man who proudly backed the "let's arm the teachers" NRA plan (forgetting to mention he's an NRA instructor).
You knew the district was gone when you ran for the job. Don't bother running against Bizzarro -- very few wingnuts up here to vote for you.
Greg Lukas is a man you obviously know very little about but he feels the safety of School Children is a very important consideration & armed guardians of our schools as an idea is the best way to insure that.I would prefer the Sheriffs department provide this coverage but in lieu of that armed & properly trained educators will suffice.
As for being an NRA instructor ...again he recognizes if our youth desire to take part in shooting sports ...gun safety is an element they should learn & understand. This is why The Pennsylvania Game Commission & the NRA are dedicated to providing this training & education. It is the reason Pennsylvania has one of the lowest incidences of gun accidents among those who hunt or target shoot in the country. An achievement Greg & all the gun safety instructors deserve a thank you for donating their time & efforts.
Serenade

Erie, PA

#5 May 27, 2013
erie observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Greg Lukas is a man you obviously know very little about but he feels the safety of School Children is a very important consideration & armed guardians of our schools as an idea is the best way to insure that.I would prefer the Sheriffs department provide this coverage but in lieu of that armed & properly trained educators will suffice.
You know so much you couldn't even spell his name correctly.
God

Conneaut Lake, PA

#6 May 27, 2013
erie observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Greg Lukas is a man you obviously know very little about but he feels the safety of School Children is a very important consideration & armed guardians of our schools as an idea is the best way to insure that.I would prefer the Sheriffs department provide this coverage but in lieu of that armed & properly trained educators will suffice.
As for being an NRA instructor ...again he recognizes if our youth desire to take part in shooting sports ...gun safety is an element they should learn & understand. This is why The Pennsylvania Game Commission & the NRA are dedicated to providing this training & education. It is the reason Pennsylvania has one of the lowest incidences of gun accidents among those who hunt or target shoot in the country. An achievement Greg & all the gun safety instructors deserve a thank you for donating their time & efforts.
Thanks for your input, Mr. Lapierre.
Nasty

Erie, PA

#7 May 27, 2013
Erie region needs new jobs ?? Aren't there enough pizza shops, tatoo parlors, and counter service positions around these parts already ?
A plentiful supply of higher paying jobs will not be found in an area that desparately hitches its wagon to the service industry. Other than a few management positions service jobs pay a pathetic sum. People often must work multiple low paying service jobs to make ends meet. Good luck. Add in the fact that Erie's year round climate is counter productive to a steady stream of tourists( unless you want to build a case for ice fishing ) and you have an extremely limited calendar to rely on.
With its abysmal public education system producing an increasing number of pathetically unprepared kids, the Erie region becomes more infested with the hopeless and clueless. What reliable business or industry would be attracted to a region full of the under educated and unwilling to take on the efforts necessary for improving their lives ?
Erie Observer

Erie, PA

#8 May 27, 2013
God wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for your input, Mr. Lapierre.
Apparently you like the people of Sandy Hook do not think Children`s safety in School is all that important.
There was a referendum put to the voters in Sandy Hook the scene of the Tragic shooting to raise school taxes 3% to provide more equipment & training to protect surviving & future students ....they voted it down as too costly & unnecessary. Some people just cannot ever grasp reality.
Funny how the media ran with the story of the shooting before the smoke had cleared in many different versions all in support of the Liberal anti-gun agenda but just cannot seem to find time to report the stupidity of the voters in Sandy Hook in the wake of the shooting.
I respect people & organizations which are proactive & work to provide education & training for the youth of this country. You may not like Greg or the NRA for that matter .....you obviously have no understanding of what they really stand or worked for but the work they do has benefited thousands of our children all across this country & right here in Erie County
This attitude of ridicule & derision you project is unfortunately all to common for ignorant or stupid Liberal robots who choose to remain clueless.
Erie Observer

Erie, PA

#9 May 27, 2013
Serenade wrote:
<quoted text>
You know so much you couldn't even spell his name correctly.
This is true, I misspelled his name but I did state quite accurately what Greg Lucas stands for.
Tim Leary

Paterson, NJ

#10 May 27, 2013
Nasty wrote:
Erie region needs new jobs ?? Aren't there enough pizza shops, tatoo parlors, and counter service positions around these parts already ?
A plentiful supply of higher paying jobs will not be found in an area that desparately hitches its wagon to the service industry. Other than a few management positions service jobs pay a pathetic sum. People often must work multiple low paying service jobs to make ends meet. Good luck. Add in the fact that Erie's year round climate is counter productive to a steady stream of tourists( unless you want to build a case for ice fishing ) and you have an extremely limited calendar to rely on.
With its abysmal public education system producing an increasing number of pathetically unprepared kids, the Erie region becomes more infested with the hopeless and clueless. What reliable business or industry would be attracted to a region full of the under educated and unwilling to take on the efforts necessary for improving their lives ?
Gee then how do you account for ERIE BEING A POWERHOUSE OF MANUFACTURING SINCE THE TURN OF THE CENTURY until the decline that began in the Reagan years, the result of oodoo trickle down "economics"? Eries proud history calls you out as a liar!
Nasty

Erie, PA

#11 May 27, 2013
Tim Leary wrote:
<quoted text>Gee then how do you account for ERIE BEING A POWERHOUSE OF MANUFACTURING SINCE THE TURN OF THE CENTURY until the decline that began in the Reagan years, the result of oodoo trickle down "economics"? Eries proud history calls you out as a liar!
Your posts always have one major flaw. They come from you and we all know that you're insane. I would be concerned if you agreed with me instead of being polar opposite. So try your best if you wish but you mean nothing here.
7 billion people on earth

Erie, PA

#12 May 27, 2013
Nasty wrote:
<quoted text>
Your posts always have one major flaw. They come from you and we all know that you're insane. I would be concerned if you agreed with me instead of being polar opposite. So try your best if you wish but you mean nothing here.
You have all the answers,but contribute nothing. Every post nearly an identical screed,regardless of the subject matter. You sir, are the definition of a douche bag.
sovereign o

Erie, PA

#13 May 27, 2013
too bad we can't send greg luc-ass to berks county.
Tim Leary

Paterson, NJ

#14 May 27, 2013
Nasty wrote:
<quoted text>
Your posts always have one major flaw. They come from you and we all know that you're insane. I would be concerned if you agreed with me instead of being polar opposite. So try your best if you wish but you mean nothing here.
ad hominem attack because you really don't want to go there. Perhaps 30 years of anti-American, pro global corporation failed (for Americans, anyway) policy are to blame for Eries bleeding jobs? During the Clinton years of fair taxation of the 1% along with no wars meant plenty of jobs in Erie. Turn on the light and the roaches scatter!
Nasty

Erie, PA

#15 May 28, 2013
7 billion people on earth wrote:
<quoted text>You have all the answers,but contribute nothing. Every post nearly an identical screed,regardless of the subject matter. You sir, are the definition of a douche bag.
Sticks and stones my friend. You're just chukin' sticks and stones. Its not surprising that people like yourself can't handle the mirror when it's put right in front of them. Your response is typical for sure. Here's a valuable piece of advice..... learn how to fish rather that always expect one handed to you every day. Something tells me you've got no clue to what I'm talking about here do you ? Maybe this will align more to your level..... "it's always someone else's fault ! " Feel better now ?
Nasty

Erie, PA

#16 May 28, 2013
Tim Leary wrote:
<quoted text>ad hominem attack because you really don't want to go there. Perhaps 30 years of anti-American, pro global corporation failed (for Americans, anyway) policy are to blame for Eries bleeding jobs? During the Clinton years of fair taxation of the 1% along with no wars meant plenty of jobs in Erie. Turn on the light and the roaches scatter!
Your firmly established reputation on Topix precedes you Mr. Leary. That sums it up pretty well wouldn't you say ? Yet you're insane enough to keep trying for relevancy. For pure entertainment value I urge you to proceed.
Lucas Observer

Edinboro, PA

#17 May 28, 2013
oh how funny. the only reason Erie Observer (aka LUCAS) spelled his last name wrong is so that you wouldn't guess that that's greg himself.
7 billion people on earth

Erie, PA

#18 May 28, 2013
Nasty wrote:
<quoted text>
Sticks and stones my friend. You're just chukin' sticks and stones. Its not surprising that people like yourself can't handle the mirror when it's put right in front of them. Your response is typical for sure. Here's a valuable piece of advice..... learn how to fish rather that always expect one handed to you every day. Something tells me you've got no clue to what I'm talking about here do you ? Maybe this will align more to your level..... "it's always someone else's fault ! " Feel better now ?
Another useless screed from the fault finder in chief. Topix should have a douche bag alert before every one of your posts.
Erie Observer

United States

#20 May 28, 2013
Lucas Observer wrote:
oh how funny. the only reason Erie Observer (aka LUCAS) spelled his last name wrong is so that you wouldn't guess that that's greg himself.
Nope, Wrong again just a dude with fat fingers who screwed up typing!
CRANK

Washington, DC

#22 May 28, 2013
Tim Leary wrote:
<quoted text>Gee then how do you account for ERIE BEING A POWERHOUSE OF MANUFACTURING SINCE THE TURN OF THE CENTURY until the decline that began in the Reagan years, the result of oodoo trickle down "economics"? Eries proud history calls you out as a liar!
Erie might have been a powerhouse of manufacturing 100 years ago. But this is 2013, not 1913.(Drive across 12th street if their are doubts.) Companies looking to grow and expand look at a lot of criteria before making a committment. Many, not all, hire a site selection consultant to look into and rate a number of factors that would influence their ultimate success, and return on investment for the shareholder. Such things as location in relation to their supply chain and markets. Logistics costs. Logistic infrastructure capability and and resulting cost implications.(read that condition of roads and bridges, air accessibility, etc.)Then they must consider such things as overall business climate, which includes the costs of product liability, workers comp, utility costs, tax rates and a whole host of overhead costs that would be recurring. Then they have to look at the ability to work with the local powers that be on construction hurdles like permitting etc. All of that before the labor climate comes into play.(Anyone think that Erie has a favorable labor climate that would be pitched via site consultants to major corporations?)

Lets see some of you Topix experts come up with some actual examples of how you think you could market Erie to a prospective majore employer. I'd be very interested in seeing what you can come up with, that you think would actually influence a decision maker.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Zoning official: Erie bayfront pathway complies... Sep 26 EastSide Elway 30
Charges against Domitrovich echo earlier critic... Sep 26 barney 22
Help Erie Law Enforcement Find Wanted Suspects Sep 26 barney 3
Erie ranks 4th among most depressed U.S. regions (Aug '11) Sep 24 feelin better 63
barrydane steinhagen no.1 Sep 23 slongie the dwarf 1
In Brief: Erie Chamber Orchestra to feature vio... Sep 21 Mongo 2
Former Erie County Council candidate Price to r... (Mar '10) Sep 14 togetherforjustice 66

Erie County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE