Bayfront hotel debt guarantee on Erie County Council's agenda Tuesday for first reading

Jan 24, 2014 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Erie Times News

They told Erie County Council members and County Executive Kathy Dahlkemper on Thursday that their request for a guarantee of up to $60 million -- for a proposed new publicly financed hotel adjacent to the Bayfront Convention Center -- was financially solid, fortified by a $25 million state grant, and good for the region.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Sir Erie Realist

Port Clinton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

great idea... pffff
v seigel

Southbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

Judged:

Let Roger Richards, Mike McCormick, and Marlene Mosco guarantee the debt. They wanted this money pit on the waterfront. Few others in the city did.
These three and the other board members are absolutely clueless. They ruined the bayfront with this glorified pole barn. Parking garage on the waterfront that loses money every day. A million dollar bridge connecting the barn with the taxpayer backed sheraton. Now they need another hotel right next to the barn. They can't attract conventions without it we're told. Fool me once shame on you. It's Erie you can fool me twice too.
Does everyone in the county besides Richards understand that his white elephant loses money hand over fist. Hotel taxes will be raised again to cover the new loses.
I thought Republicans like Richards were supposed to be fiscally responsible.
snag

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

We sure are getting a big return and air service with that big runway extension!
Erie surrealist

Port Clinton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

snag wrote:
We sure are getting a big return and air service with that big runway extension!
the pieces of the puzzle will all come togethervwhen th intermodal compound is developed. CRANK plans to export all the sail boat fuel and methane that he generates
Nasty

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

snag wrote:
Business people and business owners have no interest in coming here. Can you blame them ?
chip maker

New Alexandria, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2014

How do you explain the new owners of Troyers? They seem quite pleased to be making an investment in this area.
eastside eddy

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

Who is the Roger Richard joker, go get a real job.
Screw the Taxpayers

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

Judged:

County Government should at least call a public hearing on this stupidity. Why guarantee another owned hotel with public dollars.

Let the Scott's do their hotel and overall plan with private investment. They are one of only a few local entrepreneurs that have generated lasting economic and employment benefits to the Erie area. They are willing to take a risk.

County should not guarantee debt of another public Authority hotel. Get out of the way of a private development for God's sake, quit unfairly competing with the private sector.
Nasty

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

chip maker wrote:
How do you explain the new owners of Troyers? They seem quite pleased to be making an investment in this area.
New businesses will never drop to an absolute zero my friend. You'll always be able to find that one or two but there will never be enough people willing to risk their company to settle here. Not nearly enough to revitalize such a known dead zone to most business owners.
If that were not the case then this region would not have fallen into the depth of the mess it will never recover from.
Erie surrealist

Port Clinton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

chip maker wrote:
the future is potato chips...
Chip eater

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2014

Erie surrealist wrote:
<quoted text> the future is potato chips...
Hey I ain't payin' no extra costs for my snacks just to keep a few chip makers happy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••