10 leaders of NW Pa. nonprofits paid over $417K

Dec 22, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Lebanon Daily News

Ten leaders of northwest Pennsylvania nonprofits were paid total compensation of more than $417,000, according to recent tax filings.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 32 of32
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
fructis

Bridgeville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2013

But What If wrote:
<quoted text>
But what if you or one your family members were among those listed as one of Erie's top earners? I bet you'd be totally silent and most likely justifying the amount as well desreved.
One of my immediate family members IS on the list.
Mr c

Feeding Hills, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2013

fructis wrote:
It's a terrible catch 22 I love what I do and the people I help just hate being screwed over for giving my life to this company!!
agreed!
TruthSpeaker

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 25, 2013

But What If wrote:
<quoted text>
But what if you or one your family members were among those listed as one of Erie's top earners? I bet you'd be totally silent and most likely justifying the amount as well desreved.
That is exactly what WITHHELD is doing in defending these parasites .He seems to be enjoying the spoils of these- ill gotten- non profit gains
Withheld

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2013

You can change your name to TruthSpeaker but it doesn't mean you're speaking the truth.

What is wrong with someone being fairly compensated for running an organization? For most of you, I'm sure it is understandably difficult to understand that people who "run" an organization can be paid more than an hourly employee - especially without the help and blessing of a Union.

The executives and anyone employed by a non profit pay taxes on their wages just like everyone else. And if anything, the people on that list are probably under paid compared to if they were doing the same job in another city.

(disclaimer: I'm not employed by or compensated by a non profit)
The Truth

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2013

Withheld wrote:
You can change your name to TruthSpeaker but it doesn't mean you're speaking the truth.
What is wrong with someone being fairly compensated for running an organization? For most of you, I'm sure it is understandably difficult to understand that people who "run" an organization can be paid more than an hourly employee - especially without the help and blessing of a Union.
The executives and anyone employed by a non profit pay taxes on their wages just like everyone else. And if anything, the people on that list are probably under paid compared to if they were doing the same job in another city.
(disclaimer: I'm not employed by or compensated by a non profit)
The first $500,000. collected by the Barber center goes to pay 2 employees! Both Barber and his sister! You are an idiot if you think that's fair compensation. People donate to help the developmentally challenged but the reality is that these non profits count on you being too retarded to see your being scammed.
God

Meadville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2013

The Truth wrote:
<quoted text> The first $500,000. collected by the Barber center goes to pay 2 employees! Both Barber and his sister! You are an idiot if you think that's fair compensation. People donate to help the developmentally challenged but the reality is that these non profits count on you being too retarded to see your being scammed.
The Barber Institute's annual budget is around $70 million.
whites are guilty

Placentia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2013

Judged:

Guilt-ridden-whiney-assed-bed wetters

Politically Liberal, a guilt-ridden-whiney-assed-bed wetter is often beyond liberal and nearly to the point of irrationality.

Typically the guilt-ridden-whiney-assed-bed wetter believes that a free ride can be provided to everyone, regardless of their motivation to work, create, innovate or to even wipe their own ass without help from the government.

Usually these guilt-ridden-whiney-assed-bed wetters love to "Help the poor" but always using resources obtained from others.

Statistically proven to give less of their own income to charity than the average conservatives.

Often white, often college educated and usually feels a misplaced sense of guilt at their own existence.

Normally dislikes the United States or any other place/people associated with freedom of thought, free markets or that horrid capitalistic system established in the Western World.
God

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2013

God wrote:
<quoted text>
The Barber Institute's annual budget is around $70 million.
And a half million of that goes to pay the salaries of 2 (that's two) employees.
God

Meadville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2013

God wrote:
<quoted text> And a half million of that goes to pay the salaries of 2 (that's two) employees.
Less that 1%-- oh no, it's a Ponzi scheme! Call the IRS!!
Withheld

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2013

Actually, you're probably right. For all the Barber family has done for the Barber Center, they're probably under paid. Give them a pay rise.

Separately, no matter what you change your screen name to, you're still a whining moron.
Fact check

Erie, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2013

Withheld wrote:
Actually, you're probably right. For all the Barber family has done for the Barber Center, they're probably under paid. Give them a pay rise.
Separately, no matter what you change your screen name to, you're still a whining moron.
Don't you mean for all the Barber's have done for the Barber's- their family and not the center? You could help a lot of children with a half a million dollars.
God

Meadville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2013

Fact check wrote:
<quoted text> Don't you mean for all the Barber's have done for the Barber's- their family and not the center? You could help a lot of children with a half a million dollars.
If ignorance is bliss, your life must be a perpetual orgasm.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 32 of32
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••