10 leaders of NW Pa. nonprofits paid over $417K

Dec 22, 2013 Full story: The Lebanon Daily News 32

Ten leaders of northwest Pennsylvania nonprofits were paid total compensation of more than $417,000, according to recent tax filings.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
fructis

Erie, PA

#1 Dec 22, 2013
Disgusting I work at the barber center and haven't had a raise in 7 years but the selfish higher ups sure aren't suffering!!
puss a boots

Pittsburgh, PA

#2 Dec 22, 2013
Just yet another reason I don't "donate" to these organizations. Pretty sickening if you ask me. They should be embarrassed!
jayjay

Erie, PA

#3 Dec 22, 2013
where's the ugly bleach blonde from the food bank. check all these peoples charitable donations if their are any...and remember, the Barbers are two non-profit benefactors - and boy, is Carey ugly. Fix your teeth with the $$$ but Dickee Carey never really had any taste. He looks like a red-headed mole.
Where my money at

Erie, PA

#4 Dec 22, 2013
Could someone tell me why they don't pay taxes to the city. I would sure like to have them shoulder some of the costs that the hard workers could get some breaks in taxes. If they can afford salaries like this then they aren't really non-profit are they?
fructis

Erie, PA

#5 Dec 22, 2013
It's a terrible catch 22 I love what I do and the people I help just hate being screwed over for giving my life to this company!!
horrendo

Lodi, OH

#6 Dec 22, 2013
Where my money at wrote:
Could someone tell me why they don't pay taxes to the city. I would sure like to have them shoulder some of the costs that the hard workers could get some breaks in taxes. If they can afford salaries like this then they aren't really non-profit are they?
there is no profit left after paying these democrat leechesvtheir salaries..yourvtaxes pay these parasitescwhoncant cut it in the real worlf. Keepnsupportingbthe libscanf their irealsvwhile they rob you. Erie is t heavy with these thieves.... you shopbatvaldis.llthey dine at kahkwa, haha
God

Conneaut Lake, PA

#7 Dec 22, 2013
horrendo wrote:
<quoted text>there is no profit left after paying these democrat leechesvtheir salaries..yourvtaxes pay these parasitescwhoncant cut it in the real worlf. Keepnsupportingbthe libscanf their irealsvwhile they rob you. Erie is t heavy with these thieves.... you shopbatvaldis.llthey dine at kahkwa, haha
Drugs are bad, son.
Withheld

UK

#8 Dec 22, 2013
Where my money at wrote:
The fact that these entities are declared tax exempt is why these nonprofit organizations need not pay taxes to the city.
Horrendo

Lodi, OH

#9 Dec 22, 2013
God wrote:
<quoted text>
Drugs are bad, son.
a broken finger and an i phone keyboard are worse !
mike

Fairview, PA

#10 Dec 22, 2013
total bull crap....thanks obama. you're journey to making the USA a communist nation is almost complete.
no more free rides

Erie, PA

#11 Dec 22, 2013
Withheld wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that these entities are declared tax exempt is why these nonprofit organizations need not pay taxes to the city.
You have absolutely no f*cking idea what you're talking about. They have to petition t taxing bodies for an exemption. It is not automatic nor is a right.

The school district, city, and county could and should force the so-called non profits to pay property taxes.
Withheld

UK

#12 Dec 23, 2013
no more free rides wrote:
<quoted text>
I have absolutely no f*cking idea what I'm talking about and prefer to whine.
So we've noticed.
Deez nuts

Erie, PA

#13 Dec 23, 2013
fructis wrote:
Disgusting I work at the barber center and haven't had a raise in 7 years but the selfish higher ups sure aren't suffering!!
seems Retarded!!
Tacks Know More

Erie, PA

#14 Dec 23, 2013
It's all the fault of those GREEDY Unions! They are bankrupting our great Nation!
jayjay

Erie, PA

#15 Dec 23, 2013
Isn't the Manufacturing Assn. with Ralph Pontillo and Tammy Polansky a non-prfit. They are both a disgrace to their nationality. Ravioli makers and Pierogie makers.
Oh no

Erie, PA

#16 Dec 23, 2013
mike wrote:
total bull crap....thanks obama. you're journey to making the USA a communist nation is almost complete.
You moron, this has been going on since the first Bush was in office. Stop trying to blame this on Obama. This is corporate greed, pure and simple, and has nothing to do with what party you back.
They r all greedy

Erie, PA

#17 Dec 24, 2013
The Auditor General should review MECA's books, I would bet that the vast majority of their budget goes to salaries, mostly Laura Eaton's. A very low percentage most likely goes to programming or benefits those with disabilities. It has turned into the full Eaton family employment foundation.
Horrendo

Lodi, OH

#18 Dec 24, 2013
give til it hurts... these parasites need more money. These takers wouldn't survive on their own... thye are just higher on the food chain than the average welfae schmuck.
shut em down

Erie, PA

#19 Dec 24, 2013
Horrendo wrote:
give til it hurts... these parasites need more money. These takers wouldn't survive on their own... thye are just higher on the food chain than the average welfae schmuck.
shut the bottom feeders down and give their money to the ones that do the real work, with the homeless and try to help people that actually want to help themselves but just need a hand up not a hand out.

As for the big boys, those salaries are way too fat. Come on,$660k to run a hospital in Erie...really? The hospitals are run by people in Pittsburgh and Cleveland anyway.
But What If

Erie, PA

#20 Dec 24, 2013
fructis wrote:
But what if you or one your family members were among those listed as one of Erie's top earners? I bet you'd be totally silent and most likely justifying the amount as well desreved.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
In Brief: Erie Chamber Orchestra to feature vio... 21 hr Mongo 2
Erie ranks 4th among most depressed U.S. regions (Aug '11) Sep 17 feelin better 60
Help Erie Law Enforcement Find Wanted Suspects Sep 14 downdown 1
Former Erie County Council candidate Price to r... (Mar '10) Sep 14 togetherforjustice 66
opinions wiped away Sep 1 WYATT 1
Board: Erie's Domitrovich first offered to leav... Aug 29 bikechick 8
Suicide: a growing problem (Jan '13) Aug '14 pissymcpissypisser 65
•••

Erie County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••