West Erie Plaza Has New Owners

West Erie Plaza Has New Owners

There are 8 comments on the Erie Blogs story from May 6, 2012, titled West Erie Plaza Has New Owners. In it, Erie Blogs reports that:

Erie based investment group VCG Properties has acquired the West Erie Plaza at the intersection of Pittsburgh Ave and 12th St.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Erie Blogs.

hmmm

Stow, OH

#1 May 8, 2012
who is VCG?
A Friendly blogger

Fairview, PA

#2 Jun 8, 2012
hmmm wrote:
who is VCG?
VCG is a Local investment group in Erie, PA. People in Erie are to interested in other peoples business. I think it should be more important that they are going to bring the plaza back to life! Not who the people involved are.
Friendly Fire

Erie, PA

#3 Jun 8, 2012
A Friendly blogger wrote:
<quoted text>
VCG is a Local investment group in Erie, PA. People in Erie are to interested in other peoples business. I think it should be more important that they are going to bring the plaza back to life! Not who the people involved are.
Not so "Friendly" to not want to know who your neighbors are.

Wanting to know who the players are would provide a very valid indicator of the potential success or failure of the project. As far as the public knows, it could be a journeyman or jokerman. Anyones guess at this point. Considering similar local occurrences in the past, one could easily assume failures inevitability.

But to the contrary, anonymity might somehow be synonymous to credibility in this town.
Stu Pedaso

Erie, PA

#4 Jun 8, 2012
Vendetti Cleaver Grossman
Cough Cough time again

Erie, PA

#5 Jun 8, 2012
hmmm wrote:
who is VCG?
Greg Rubino
Tire Plant west side.

Follow the links on Google; pay attention to management listed
Millcreek Supervisors love him.

http://www.passport-companies.com/

http://www.passport-companies.com/about-us/ou...

http://www.goerie.com/article/20120506/NEWS02...

last link says it all.
Lost in pa

Erie, PA

#6 Jan 27, 2013
It is certainly important to know the intent of the developers. This holds even more true in Erie, land of crooked deals and tax abatements. I will believe it when I see it. The shame of it is that upscale shops would be frequented and welcomed. I have been to many same size counties and the shopping is far better than here. Let's face it. Demographic studies -by upscale chains- do not bode well for us. Period.
searching

Struthers, OH

#7 Jan 27, 2013
A Friendly blogger wrote:
<quoted text>
Its a simple question, lighten up there spazzmo.
their intentions

Erie, PA

#8 Jan 27, 2013
seem to be to develop a few high-retail stores and some possible residential as well. There was an article about it on goerie.com . Residential there would likely go over much better than, say, 13th and Peach St.?

Whatever the developers decide to do, they should keep the entertainment attractions on the old sidewalk or do something similar. Keep it kid friendly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Erie County's population sinks for a fourth str... (Mar '16) Jan 25 Your mother 76
News Fairview woman held for trial in $100K theft (Jan '15) Dec '17 sheknows 18
News Erie man gets probation for his role in armed r... (Aug '12) Nov '17 Jersey Strong 6
News Erie councilman's EMTA proposal seeks $2 millio... (Jun '16) Oct '17 taxNOmore 3
Minority Business Opportunity Sep '17 Anti-Scam 1
Jessica Curry star 104 Sep '17 ERIE GUY 1
News GE workers in Erie more productive, not less, u... (Jun '13) Aug '17 exactly 91
More from around the web