In Brief: Suspicious Erie house fire ...

In Brief: Suspicious Erie house fire probed

There are 3 comments on the Erie Times News story from Nov 1, 2013, titled In Brief: Suspicious Erie house fire probed. In it, Erie Times News reports that:

Erie fire officials are investigating what is being described as a suspicious blaze Thursday night at a vacant house at 534 E. Eighth St. Firefighters were sent to a two-story home just before 10:30 p.m. after a neighbor spotted smoke coming from a vent and alerted authorities.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Erie Times News.

trevor

Creston, OH

#1 Nov 2, 2013
urban renewal... it is a challenge to get those urine soaked houses to burn
horsewithnoname

Erie, PA

#2 Nov 2, 2013
Yeah right.

Problem is there are people [ homeowners] that live right next door which is about 7 feet away, cause the houses are packed like sardines.

They cannot afford to move either.

What needs to happen is demolition to these houses that are blighted/burned/empty for years.

We have wasted millions for "studies", but when the question of why can't we address blight with demolition like Big Detroit did, the answer is always "no money".[ I know, I asked this question multiple times]

What liars.
horsewithnoname

Erie, PA

#3 Nov 3, 2013
OH, I just remembered.

Cleveland also implemented the tear down of blighted properties.

http://www.cleveland.com/open/index.ssf/2013/...

What is Erie waiting for?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Five charged in assault on witness in Erie homi... Jun 29 Karentoo 19
News Erie shooting victim balks; charges withdrawn Jun 6 citizen 6
News Erie City Council to consider changes to tax-br... (Sep '12) May '15 anonymous 18
News Board: Erie's Domitrovich first offered to leav... (Aug '14) May '15 Honest dad 12
News Assistant DA Connelly announced run for judge Apr '15 bordo 22
News Erie man charged in attempted sexual assault Apr '15 Lonnie Mack 2
News Presque Isle Downs eliminates Saturday races (Dec '11) Apr '15 Summit townie 2
More from around the web