Howard receives backing of Buffalo po...

Howard receives backing of Buffalo police union

There are 10 comments on the Buffalo News story from Sep 8, 2009, titled Howard receives backing of Buffalo police union. In it, Buffalo News reports that:

September 06, 2009, 7:13 AM / Erie County Sheriff Timothy B. Howard has won the backing of the Buffalo Police Benevolent Association in his bid for a second term as sheriff.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Buffalo News.

Life Coach

AOL

#1 Sep 8, 2009
I never understood why the ignorant public always elects a former cop to be Sheriff. The Sheriff in Erie County is little more than the head jail guard, civil paper server and court bailiff.

It is true, they have a handful of idiots working the roads in the outlying areas of the county, but that is a very small fraction of what the ECSD does.

The small time suburban/rural narcotics work they do is amateurish and done for show to get the Sheriff Department some press so it looks like he is “fighting crime” come election time.

I would prefer to vote for some clown who came up through the jail guard ranks because he better understands jail and court work.

Leave the street cop stuff for the real cops
Paul Martin

United States

#3 Sep 8, 2009
This is the first thing that I agree with you saying,whether it be under the name "Life Coach", or any of the dozen other names you post under!

“youbeateverythin g youknowthat ”

Since: Apr 07

Buffalo, NY

#4 Sep 8, 2009
Life Coach wrote:
I never understood why the ignorant public always elects a former cop to be Sheriff. The Sheriff in Erie County is little more than the head jail guard, civil paper server and court bailiff.
It is true, they have a handful of idiots working the roads in the outlying areas of the county, but that is a very small fraction of what the ECSD does.
The small time suburban/rural narcotics work they do is amateurish and done for show to get the Sheriff Department some press so it looks like he is “fighting crime” come election time.
I would prefer to vote for some clown who came up through the jail guard ranks because he better understands jail and court work.
Leave the street cop stuff for the real cops
Dear Genius, is there ANYTHING you're not an expert on? Just wondering..
Voice of Reality

Port Tobacco, MD

#5 Sep 8, 2009
Gomer wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Genius, is there ANYTHING you're not an expert on? Just wondering..
Life Coach is 82% correct about 82% of the topics he posts on 82% of the time so YES he is basically an expert of sorts.
Life Coach

AOL

#6 Sep 9, 2009
Gomer wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Genius, is there ANYTHING you're not an expert on? Just wondering..
I am not an expert on "everything". I know very little about things like small engine repair and other retard stuff they teach at places like Hutch tech, McKinley and BOCES.

I just so happen to be a degreed sociologist with an interdisciplinary focus on several academic disciplines. Back when I was an undergrad at UB, I was taking a course where I was to study the Erie County Sheriff’s Department. This was set up by some “adjunct Professor” named Robert Ford who was also Chief of Operations at ECSD. Although I never tool a course from him (I refused to take courses from people who only had a Master’s Degree), he is the one who set it up. I don’t think he had any experience in police work or corrections, but he was a political hack, and his “credentials” made the Sheriff look like he was surrounding himself with academics.

The Sheriff at the time was this tool named Ken Braun. He was a political hack who was once a Captain in the Amherst Police Department back when there was very little crime out there. His number two man was this South Buffalo Chowderhead named Tommy Higgins. Higgins was former Captain from the Buffalo Police Department who rose through the ranks, not by doing good work, but through old time South Buffalo Irish politics and working the South Buffalo/Southtown bars and social clubs.

The guy who was appointed to run the jail was an African-American and he was appointed because inmates were still angry about Attica and they thought he could better keep the peace. His background consisted of being head security guard at Canisius College.

His brother was also an inmate there at the time. Here is his brother’s picture:

http://www.criminaljustice.state.ny.us/cgi/in...

Now, you tell me, Gomer…DO you think that crew knew how to run a jail

By the way, I have no idea how to fix a lawn mower.

“youbeateverythin g youknowthat ”

Since: Apr 07

Buffalo, NY

#7 Sep 9, 2009
Life Coach wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not an expert on "everything". I know very little about things like small engine repair and other retard stuff they teach at places like Hutch tech, McKinley and BOCES.
I just so happen to be a degreed sociologist with an interdisciplinary focus on several academic disciplines. Back when I was an undergrad at UB, I was taking a course where I was to study the Erie County Sheriff’s Department. This was set up by some “adjunct Professor” named Robert Ford who was also Chief of Operations at ECSD. Although I never tool a course from him (I refused to take courses from people who only had a Master’s Degree), he is the one who set it up. I don’t think he had any experience in police work or corrections, but he was a political hack, and his “credentials” made the Sheriff look like he was surrounding himself with academics.
The Sheriff at the time was this tool named Ken Braun. He was a political hack who was once a Captain in the Amherst Police Department back when there was very little crime out there. His number two man was this South Buffalo Chowderhead named Tommy Higgins. Higgins was former Captain from the Buffalo Police Department who rose through the ranks, not by doing good work, but through old time South Buffalo Irish politics and working the South Buffalo/Southtown bars and social clubs.
The guy who was appointed to run the jail was an African-American and he was appointed because inmates were still angry about Attica and they thought he could better keep the peace. His background consisted of being head security guard at Canisius College.
His brother was also an inmate there at the time. Here is his brother’s picture:
http://www.criminaljustice.state.ny.us/cgi/in...
Now, you tell me, Gomer…DO you think that crew knew how to run a jail
By the way, I have no idea how to fix a lawn mower.
Based on all the recent reports of poor conditions at the jail house, i have no have have no doubt it's a shambles...don't worry about the lawn mower, i doubt i could i fix either..

“youbeateverythin g youknowthat ”

Since: Apr 07

Buffalo, NY

#8 Sep 9, 2009
Wow, i said a lot of "no haves" above, sorry
Life Coach

AOL

#9 Sep 9, 2009
Gomer wrote:
<quoted text>
Based on all the recent reports of poor conditions at the jail house, i have no have have no doubt it's a shambles...don't worry about the lawn mower, i doubt i could i fix either..
Karl fixed my lawn mower

Voice of Reality

AOL

#10 Sep 10, 2009
Karl is a regular Eli Whitney on a lawnmower
Life Coach

AOL

#11 Sep 10, 2009
Voice of Reality wrote:
Karl is a regular Eli Whitney on a lawnmower
And he can eat two large orders of french fires and not even belch

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Akron man accused of DWI after driving into house (Jan '12) Nov 18 blew point15 3
Adopted in 1967 - OLV Infant Home Jun '17 Mary 1
News Donald Trump supporter defends hanging noose at... (Oct '16) Feb '17 Night Heat 22
News Time to get tough on animal abuse (Jun '11) Feb '17 lol 84
News Former prime minister, a U.S. citizen, wins Som... (Feb '17) Feb '17 lol 1
News New Charge for Man Accused of Shooting 11-Year-... (Dec '16) Dec '16 lol 1
Erie County Mugshots and Criminal Arrest Records (Sep '16) Sep '16 Stella 2
More from around the web