Mother guilty of kidnapping (Jacqueline Bontzolakes) JURORS

Posted in the Erie County Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 21 Comments Last updated Feb 15, 2014
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Appalled

Buffalo, NY

#1 Sep 28, 2012
I was at this trial daily and I have never seen 12 more complete morons grouped together in one place before. These idiots should have been on the Casey Anthony jury-SHE is the criminal and they were obviously out to be "tough guys." All these idiots did was continue a cycle of horror against Jacqueline. I would like to ask each of them this: if Jackie didn't take off with her kids because of a cycle of domestic/familial violence and fear for her kids safety...then WHY did she do it? Did you ever stop for 1 second and ask yourself that most logical question? You were told that Norm Green is and was abusive in MANY forms to her and probably to many other females. And the judge didn't allow you to hear this but he was also allowing his brother who is a REGISTERED SEX OFFENDER to live in the same house as his young daughter at times. If any of YOU all as parents would not have done something to protect your child against a situation like that then YOU all need to be in jail. A mother should always have the right to protect her kids, its a natural instinct. But you all had the EXPERT witness who was educated at both Yale and Harvard and you didn't listen to him either-how dumb does that prove YOU ALL are? Jackie should not be facing jail time right now-this jury should be for dropping the ball and allowing this cycle of control and unfairness and danger to continue, and for participating in harming this family and these children even further. If any of the jurors read this (altho I doubt their ability to read) you should be ASHAMED of yourself. 27 family court petitions in 6 years-thats not control and harassment???? Wake up!!!
And on a side note...the prosecutor Fauzia Mattingly, looks like a diseased weasel. I have never seen such a horrid looking human being in my life. My condolences go out to her for having that burden in her life...I can see why she takes it out on people in court.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#2 Oct 3, 2012
Appalled wrote:
I was at this trial daily and I have never seen 12 more complete morons grouped together in one place before. These idiots should have been on the Casey Anthony jury-SHE is the criminal and they were obviously out to be "tough guys." All these idiots did was continue a cycle of horror against Jacqueline. I would like to ask each of them this: if Jackie didn't take off with her kids because of a cycle of domestic/familial violence and fear for her kids safety...then WHY did she do it? Did you ever stop for 1 second and ask yourself that most logical question? You were told that Norm Green is and was abusive in MANY forms to her and probably to many other females. If any of YOU all as parents would not have done something to protect your child against a situation like that then YOU all need to be in jail. A mother should always have the right to protect her kids, its a natural instinct. But you all had the EXPERT witness who was educated at both Yale and Harvard and you didn't listen to him either-how dumb does that prove YOU ALL are? Jackie should not be facing jail time right now-this jury should be for dropping the ball and allowing this cycle of control and unfairness and danger to continue, and for participating in harming this family and these children even further. If any of the jurors read this (altho I doubt their ability to read) you should be ASHAMED of yourself. 27 family court petitions in 6 years-thats not control and harassment???? Wake up!!!
And on a side note...the prosecutor Fauzia Mattingly, looks like a diseased weasel. I have never seen such a horrid looking human being in my life. My condolences go out to her for having that burden in her life...I can see why she takes it out on people in court.
I disagree with @Appalled. The Jury's Guilty Verdict against Jacqueline Bontzolakes is the correct conclusion. I agree with the jury's verdict that Jacqueline Bontzolakes was guilty of these crimes.@Appalled, here are responses to your questions.
1. Why did she do it?- the parental kidnapping research shows that the motive for this crime is usally anger and revenge or simply a narcissist not wanting to share the child(ren). It's not for love or protection of the child.
2. A Mother should always have the right to protect her child - Yes, the mother should have the right to protect her children but Jacqueline Bontzolakes had many legal options she should have used before boarding the flight with her children for the Barbados. With all the U.S. funding that goes to our country's Family and Domestic Violence Programs, why didn't she receive better assistance or advice before kidnapping her children. She certainly should have known the consequences of her actions.
3. Expert Witnesses - Most jurors today are aware that you shouldn't base your verdict on a Expert Witness testimony, regardless of their credentials.
4. 27 Family Court Petitions - Anyone who as been to Family Court knows that Family Law Attorneys will not file petitions without a valid reason. It sounds like the cycle of control, unfairness and danger was caused by Jacqueline Bontzoakes and not the Fathers.
Fauzia Mattingly was doing her job, enforcing our country's parental kidnapping and passport laws. If custodial-embattled parents like Jacqueline Bontzolakes didn't like the verdict reached by the Family Court, they can't unilaterally decide custody of their children. The law to require both parents signature for obtaining a passport and consent before leaving the country are in place to rightfully protect the rights of the children and parents. You should be applauding the efforts of this prosecutor.
If your children or grandchildren were kdnapped, your opinions in this case would be different. You are the one that should be ashamed of yourself.
- Underwatch
OVERWATCH

Buffalo, NY

#3 Oct 12, 2012
Do you have the details about who she did and did not use as resources prior to leaving the country? Would you like the list of resources? Please help us understand how you come to your erroneous conclusions!

If you are interested in ALL the documentations about this case please let us know! We would be more then happy to arrange for those to be delivered to you at your cost. So that you can see the corruption and abuse that has taken place in these children's lives.

Bring your first witness to the truth of the statements that you speak of Ms. Bontzolakes?

You have no facts to back up what you are saying and by the time you go through all the years worth of paperwork that she has file and all the help she sought out and was not successful you would reliquish your statements.

Because of this jury's decision and the judges efforts to keep public information that should have been presented to this jury she was convicted!

Not because she was not protecting them from sexual abusers and predators...here is a link I think you should try!... This is the sex offender uncle that she was being left on various occasions (per father's testimony) where even social services got involved, but of course we can't "catch one in the act" because by the time they come out the people are not standing in the same places they were when they were caught with the child. http://www.offendex.com/zipdirectory/NY/14211... would you leave your children with this monster even for 10 minutes?... why don't you? http://criminaljustice.state.ny.us/SomsSUBDir... the official registry... choose your favorite pic.
OVERWATCH

Buffalo, NY

#4 Oct 12, 2012
These children when they become adults will correct you Mr. Underwatch... SOON COME! The will tell of the READ ABDUCTORS WHO STOLE THEIR MOTHER!
How could you testify so harshly and YOU NEVER interviewed her nor the children nor were you in court?
Do you have the details about who she did and did not use as resources prior to leaving the country? Would you like the list of resources? Please help us understand how you come to your erroneous conclusions!
One particular FACT that you misrepresented is that ONE OF THE FATHERS DID NOT GET CUSTODY UNTIL AFTER SHE WAS RETURNED FROM BARBADOS.
If you are interested in ALL the documentations about this case please let us know! We would be more then happy to arrange for those to be delivered to you at your cost. So that you can see the corruption and abuse that has taken place in these children's lives.
Bring your first witness to the truth of the statements that you speak of against. Ms. Bontzolakes
You have no facts to back up what you are saying and by the time you go through all the years worth of paperwork that she has file and all the help she sought out and was not successful you would reliquish your statements.
Because of this jury's decision and the judges efforts to keep public information that should have been presented to this jury she was convicted one of these children still is in danger of a sexual predator whom she was trying to protect her from! Here is a link I think you should try!... This is the sex offender uncle that she was being left on various occasions (per father's testimony) where even social services got involved, but of course we can't "catch one in the act" because by the time they come out the people are not standing in the same places they were when they were caught with the child. http://www.offendex.com/zipdirectory/NY/14211 ... would you leave your children with this monster even for 10 minutes?... why don't you? http://criminaljustice.state.ny.us/SomsSUBDir ... the official registry... choose your favorite pic.

Ms. Mattingly did her job and left children at risk of sexual predators... Great thing to be proud of!... its not over yet...
Appalled

Buffalo, NY

#5 Nov 5, 2012
Hey Mr. Underwatch. Lol I actually DID laugh out loud when I read your reply and it says that "research has shown motive for this crime is anger or revenge." The motive for Mr. Green to file 27 petitions over 6 yrs in family court was anger & revenge exactly. He has been a controlling, angry man for a long, long time. His life sucks. You just have your villains mixed up in your skewed theory. Jacqueline had INNUMERABLE, VALID reasons to leave w her girls and the jury was allowed to find her NOT GUILTY based on a loophole in the law but they chose not to. We do not rely on statistics, we rely on reality. Jacqueline owned a house, had friends, family, ties to the community here-and you "think" she uprooted her entire life and left with her kids just out of spite? You, my friend, are a midget-mind if thats your theory. Bottom line is everything in my first comment is true no matter how you try to spin it. The jury was uneducated in "real life" and sick of being in the courtroom. Just as the Casey Anthony jury was. Its a trend in court nowadays to find the most idiotic humans in the area to serve on juries. The court system has been railroading Jacqueline (and MANY other women) for years now. Jackie was backed into a corner and made a decision based on motherly instinct. And as I said before, anyone else who wouldn't protect their own children under the same exact circumstances deserves to be facing jail time-not Jacqueline...I would like to see what Fauzia Mattingly would do if her husband was allowing a sex offender to spend time around HER kids and found that the courts wouldn't help her with that...what would that weasel do?
Appalled

Buffalo, NY

#6 Nov 19, 2012
ABC

United States

#7 Nov 28, 2012
Well I'm reading.this.gov the first time... I was on the.jury.... It's not about what happened.in.her past she knew what she.was doing knew.that both.fathers.had custody.... Abused she showed.no evidence or filed any kind.of police.reports.when she" was" abused...and the.thing that caught.my.eye.the defense openly.admited.that.she kidnapped her.kids... End of story.. So.us.appreciate it if u kno.what.ur talking about before u speak
ABC

United States

#8 Nov 28, 2012
It was not about if she was abused we all believed she was... But the evidence was not there... She had no physical evidence... And we all.had the pleasure to speak with her defense after and they understood why we came to.gd decision we did..
Appalled

Buffalo, NY

#9 Jan 17, 2013
Well "ABC" who was a juror. I am not sure how you sleep at night. You convict a woman of this crime which is ultimately saying she should be punished for keeping these girls from their fathers temporarily but you agree that the punishment for that should be her being taken away from her young son? So obviously you jurors are all willing participants in this vicious cycle she has been involved in. There is a little boy who will not see his mom if Jackie ends up serving jail time. Does that really feel right to you? This is not a criminal we are talking about, its a mom who did what she perceived as being the right thing to do at the time. You are delusional if you see that as anything else. The expert even told you at the end that in a lot of abuse cases there is not a trail of evidence because the victims keep it to themselves and are scared or embarrassed. But Jackie did have some reported incidents, not everything was kept a secret, but that wasnt good enough for you. In your minds she just up and left all of her family, friends, business associates, etc...because she felt like it. Because she wanted to stick it to the dads? Does that even sound realistic? If you want to make a difference in this world it definitely wasnt achieved by your verdict in this case. And if you want to do anything worthwhile to make amends for your erroneous decision you should show up at her sentencing tomorrow and let the judge know you do not believe she should serve jail time. What is a child-mother relationship worth to you? Are you willing to know her son has no mom because of your decision. You all could have found her not guilty because of the loophole which would allow that because she felt her kids would be in harms way if she did not protect them. One child most certainly was and STILL IS in harms way because her uncle Artis Green is a convicted sex offender who is often around that little girl. Way to go jurors. http://www.homefacts.com/offender-detail/NY20...
kim rodgers

Olean, NY

#10 Jan 21, 2013
If anybody is still reading this post please contact me at rodgerskimberly70@yahoo.com I am going through similar problems with Erie county family court. I have a different Judge but similar issues. My son was taken from me and I have visitation for 8 hours on Sunday while his father and "new" step-mom medicate him with harsh controlled substances. This is being ALLOWED because of a bad law guardian and a judge that was recently censured. Please contact me. I saw Jackies case of kidnapping and it made me physically sick! These narcissistic men are manipulating the court system and it needs to stop!
kim rodgers

Olean, NY

#11 Jan 21, 2013
ABC wrote:
It was not about if she was abused we all believed she was... But the evidence was not there... She had no physical evidence... And we all.had the pleasure to speak with her defense after and they understood why we came to.gd decision we did..
These men are manipulating all of you and you can't see your nose to spite your face. Erie county family court is a poorly managed fest of control issue judges who just want to get through their day. Many families are suffering needlessly. This should have never even gotten to this point of her taking her children.
OVERWATCH

United States

#12 Jan 24, 2013
kim rodgers wrote:
If anybody is still reading this post please contact me at rodgerskimberly70@yahoo.com I am going through similar problems with Erie county family court. I have a different Judge but similar issues. My son was taken from me and I have visitation for 8 hours on Sunday while his father and "new" step-mom medicate him with harsh controlled substances. This is being ALLOWED because of a bad law guardian and a judge that was recently censured. Please contact me. I saw Jackies case of kidnapping and it made me physically sick! These narcissistic men are manipulating the court system and it needs to stop!
I will email you right now Family Solution Center
OVERWATCH

United States

#13 Jan 24, 2013
ABC wrote:
It was not about if she was abused we all believed she was... But the evidence was not there... She had no physical evidence... And we all.had the pleasure to speak with her defense after and they understood why we came to.gd decision we did..
SO ... how intelligent are we all? You were all CLEARLY INSTRUCTED to find her not guilty if you BELIEVED 50.5% of her story! There is RARELY any physical evidence of ABUSE that's what the EXPERT said. Were you all asleep? you all have placed both children in grave danger to their abusers! Congratulations! Sleep well! Especially knowing Mr. Green CLEARLY testified that he leave his daughter with ARTIS GREEN, "occasionally" this is a NYS Registered Sex Offender! Unless you are a pedophile, you should be throwing up every night wondering if this man is raping this little girl! http://www.criminaljustice.ny.gov/SomsSUBDire... unlike UNDERWATCH we back our facts up!
Appalled

Buffalo, NY

#14 Feb 15, 2013
He used a knife and committed sodomy...thats up the A** people. You sick, sick jurors.
Freedomfighter10 1

Long Beach, CA

#15 Apr 2, 2013
Underwatch wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree with @Appalled. The Jury's Guilty Verdict against Jacqueline Bontzolakes is the correct conclusion. I agree with the jury's verdict that Jacqueline Bontzolakes was guilty of these crimes.@Appalled, here are responses to your questions.
1. Why did she do it?- the parental kidnapping research shows that the motive for this crime is usally anger and revenge or simply a narcissist not wanting to share the child(ren). It's not for love or protection of the child.
2. A Mother should always have the right to protect her child - Yes, the mother should have the right to protect her children but Jacqueline Bontzolakes had many legal options she should have used before boarding the flight with her children for the Barbados. With all the U.S. funding that goes to our country's Family and Domestic Violence Programs, why didn't she receive better assistance or advice before kidnapping her children. She certainly should have known the consequences of her actions.
3. Expert Witnesses - Most jurors today are aware that you shouldn't base your verdict on a Expert Witness testimony, regardless of their credentials.
4. 27 Family Court Petitions - Anyone who as been to Family Court knows that Family Law Attorneys will not file petitions without a valid reason. It sounds like the cycle of control, unfairness and danger was caused by Jacqueline Bontzoakes and not the Fathers.
Fauzia Mattingly was doing her job, enforcing our country's parental kidnapping and passport laws. If custodial-embattled parents like Jacqueline Bontzolakes didn't like the verdict reached by the Family Court, they can't unilaterally decide custody of their children. The law to require both parents signature for obtaining a passport and consent before leaving the country are in place to rightfully protect the rights of the children and parents. You should be applauding the efforts of this prosecutor.
If your children or grandchildren were kdnapped, your opinions in this case would be different. You are the one that should be ashamed of yourself.
- Underwatch
@ Underwatch:

You obviously haven't read the whole case, or weren't given all the facts, just as the jury wasn't afforded the opportunity to hear the whole story. If you think that this woman, who suffered physical and sexual abuse at the hands of her daughter's father, who had knowledge that he was leaving her daughter alone with a sex offender, and had confirmed complaints of sexual abuse, and had reported this many times all of which fell upon deaf ears. If you think this woman who has been victimized not only by her abuser, but by the agencies within the community supposedely given the task to protect the citizens ESPECIALLY children, as well as the judge deserved to be convicted for protecting her child from abuse, then you should be ashamed of yourself. You must be a troll. Or a father's rights movement supporter, which is worse than a troll. Misogynist. get a life
Australian Mother

Brisbane, Australia

#17 Apr 22, 2013
My hope is all the Family Court and members of the jury, will one day be in Jacqueline place and have to watch a child that you all love being treated like her little girl is.Then you all might realize how it is for Jacqueline and have some empathy. Family Courts Judges are out of control they answer to no one not the people nor the Government. I would have thought that 12 members of the public would have had more brains, but juries have let people like Casey Anthony and many others walk free so I guess dummies are called up for jury duty and after all it more then likely the only time in their lives they will get any power over another person. GOOD LUCK JACQUELINE. HOPE YOU ARE HOME SOON.
Angel

Monroe, NY

#18 May 13, 2013
She was trying to protect her children ! She is a loving mother who cared and loved er kids and would do anything which is what she did to protect them .when is it ever ok to take children from there own mother! These children need there mom point blank period .Jackie is a great mother and there is no reason to do this .
Angel

Monroe, NY

#19 May 13, 2013
Under watch you really are an a$$hoe to think taking these kids from there mom is ok you must have been an unloved child growing up ,because you don't have a clue .
concerned

Tonawanda, NY

#20 Aug 16, 2013
ABC wrote:
It was not about if she was abused we all believed she was... But the evidence was not there... She had no physical evidence... And we all.had the pleasure to speak with her defense after and they understood why we came to.gd decision we did..
The photos documenting the abuse were excluded from testimony by the judge. Her midwife could not give testimony about physical trauma she observed and documented on the body of a pregnant and postpartum Jacqueline. That was excluded, too. There was proof. The prosecution has it blocked in the name of un-justice.
FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS

Tonawanda, NY

#22 Dec 13, 2013
ABC wrote:
It was not about if she was abused we all believed she was... But the evidence was not there... She had no physical evidence... And we all.had the pleasure to speak with her defense after and they understood why we came to.gd decision we did..
Based on your spelling and your irrational admission I could see why you convicted her. If everyone has the same grammar skills as you then yes she was convicted by a bunch of uneducated people who can't follow simple instructions. The instructions was that if you believe 50.5% of her story then you were to return a NOT GUILTY VERDICT!!! You openly admit that you believed she was abused. THE JUDGE DID NOT TELL YOU THAT IF YOU FOUND NO PHYSICAL EVIDENCE. I was there when you spoke to the defense team and they revealed to you that they understood only because the data was withheld from you was that the uncle who was a sex offender. Also withheld from you was the 911 calls that Mr. Green denied and when Ms. Bontzolakes went to testify to it judge warned her not to talk about it! WERE all 12 of you sleeping? Did that not look weird to you? and what do you suppose would horrify any parent that's being left overnight in the projects? THE SEX OFFENDER WAS SLEEPING THERE. But Mrs. Bontzolakes could not tell you that because she was warned by the judge not to talk about that for fear of swaying the jurors UNFAIRLY! Is that justice? sleep well!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bennett Beach is off limits to swimmers Aug 20 henu 3
Attempted murder charge for Buffalo bar manager Aug '14 straight_shooter 3
Violent inmate injures 2 Buffalo deputies Jul '14 Wheres Jimmy Z 3
Troopers say man tried to ditch drug paraphernalia Jun '14 The Wandering Jew 2
Officers assaulted at Correctional Facilities Apr '14 Eric 1
Previously Convicted Drunk Driver Caught Again ... (Dec '07) Mar '14 Mmmm 14
Update: 100K Club at the Erie County Holding Ce... (Feb '08) Dec '13 punK 90
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Erie County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••