Corasanti Not Guilty on All Major Cha...

Corasanti Not Guilty on All Major Charges

There are 1 comment on the WGRZ-TV Buffalo story from May 30, 2012, titled Corasanti Not Guilty on All Major Charges. In it, WGRZ-TV Buffalo reports that:

Dr. James Corasanti has been acquitted on all charges except a lesser D.W.I. charge.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ-TV Buffalo.

Iam Hurting

East Aurora, NY

#1 May 30, 2012
We teach our young people not to drink and drive. "Call home if you are ever in this predicament, we will pick you up", we tell them. If they told us they only text while at stop signs and signals, there is no way we would accept that. Still our prisons are filled with youth who have made these mistakes with unfortunate results. As painful as it is for all involved, we want them to take responsibilities, they are not above the law. How are we to protect them?
When educated adults decide to get behind a wheel in under the influence, and still over the legal limit 4-5 hours after their alleged crime, we are helpless and look for justice.
When a BMW becomes more soundproof then our homes a red flag should go up and we should question this. We look for justice.
When adults do not learn the first time around and then take our youths' lives due to reckless, irresponsible behavior, we are helpless and we look for justice. How are we to protect our children?
Alex, forgive me, I should have fought harder, louder, longer for you. I thought it was a no brainer. I have not been able to get your face out of my mind since that tragic day. I am sorry they dragged you through the mud and tried to hold you more accountable than they would a 56 yr. old man that thinks drinking and driving mix, does not know where the fog lane is and doesn't check when he "may have" hit something. A 56 year old man who sends his wife to check out his accident while he wipes his car clean of the crime, your remains. A man who pledge to "first do no harm" then leaves you to die alone.
Alex forgive me. I should have screamed loud and clear for justice every day of the trial.
Thousands of community members are saddened tonight beyond words that may comfort.
We do not feel justice has been served, we are helpless, we could not protect you from this horrid fate, forgive us. We could not find justice in the verdict and now have to live with it.
I am sorry laws put into place, did not serve you nor were upheld. I am sorry our jury system was spellbound by the soap opera playing out before them that they lost sight of you.
This was a tragic accident all around. There was no easy way through it, but if justice had been served, another life would have been lost only temporarily. The prominent Doctor would have done his time for his crime, with young people and adults who fill our prisons because of their mistakes. Many of them for doing less then Dr. Corasanti, but took responsibilities for their human mistakes. Many never leaving the same.
Prison would have been a profitable experience, just not the profitable experience he is use to.
Many will tell themselves we are only human and try to take comfort in that and still many will say we are only human and use it as an excuse.
Alex, I will take comfort in the fact that you are above all this, that you now know real justice, that you know real forgiveness and unending love. I will take comfort in the fact that you have resolved all this while we will struggle in the days, months and years ahead.
Alex, I grieve for your family who will never get over losing you. They will go on because of you, but never will be over you. Alex, again please forgive us. We couldn't protect you, we are helpless and look for justice. Help us now.
Ex-patient of Dr. Corasanti
& Prison worker for over 20 yrs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Akron man accused of DWI after driving into house (Jan '12) Nov '17 blew point15 3
Adopted in 1967 - OLV Infant Home (Jun '17) Jun '17 Mary 1
News Donald Trump supporter defends hanging noose at... (Oct '16) Feb '17 Night Heat 21
News Time to get tough on animal abuse (Jun '11) Feb '17 lol 84
News Former prime minister, a U.S. citizen, wins Som... (Feb '17) Feb '17 lol 1
News New Charge for Man Accused of Shooting 11-Year-... (Dec '16) Dec '16 lol 1
Erie County Mugshots and Criminal Arrest Records (Sep '16) Sep '16 Stella 2
More from around the web