Maziarz wants Erie County SPCA out of...

Maziarz wants Erie County SPCA out of SPCA of Niagara probe

There are 11 comments on the Buffalo News story from Jan 17, 2012, titled Maziarz wants Erie County SPCA out of SPCA of Niagara probe. In it, Buffalo News reports that:

Niagara County SPCA volunteer Lee Michel photographs Luther as fellow volunteer Kathy Nowakowski holds onto the leash.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Buffalo News.

farmer

Buffalo, NY

#1 Jan 18, 2012
Erie spca refused my older cat last year and so I took it to the Niagara spca, where they put it "to sleep". This no-kill stuff is just crap.
voice of reason

United States

#2 Jan 18, 2012
If NYS AG & MARKETS inspectors passed the Niagara County SPCA in a surprise raid and the NOTORIOUSLY STRICT Erie County SPCA is investigating for abuse and malfeasance then why is Maziarz nosing in to the picture? And JUST WHO would he want to "INVESTIGATE"? The state Attorney General? The State Police? A "BLUE RIBBON COMMISSION" that he would appoint at GREAT GOVERNMENT EXPENSE??

Maziarz is a political tool playing for headlines and trying to glean a bigger voter base. His use of this hot button issue is beneath his position as an elected State Senator.
tturd19482

Tonawanda, NY

#3 Jan 18, 2012
farmer wrote:
Erie spca refused my older cat last year and so I took it to the Niagara spca, where they put it "to sleep". This no-kill stuff is just crap.
See me when you get older and I'll put you to sleep. No charge, this one's on me.

“Use renewable resources”

Since: Apr 11

Wear fur and save the earth

#4 Jan 18, 2012
tturd19482 wrote:
<quoted text>See me when you get older and I'll put you to sleep. No charge, this one's on me.
Exactly. there is no difference between a cat and a person.
GUMPnf

Niagara Falls, NY

#5 Jan 18, 2012
voice of reason wrote:
If NYS AG & MARKETS inspectors passed the Niagara County SPCA in a surprise raid and the NOTORIOUSLY STRICT Erie County SPCA is investigating for abuse and malfeasance then why is Maziarz nosing in to the picture? And JUST WHO would he want to "INVESTIGATE"? The state Attorney General? The State Police? A "BLUE RIBBON COMMISSION" that he would appoint at GREAT GOVERNMENT EXPENSE??
Maziarz is a political tool playing for headlines and trying to glean a bigger voter base. His use of this hot button issue is beneath his position as an elected State Senator.
Erie county pound is a no kill. When a animal is so bad that it needs to be put asleep . they send it to NIAGARA county. MAZIARZ wants to stop that. that way ERIE county doesn't have the responsability of disposing of the dead animal . ABDICATION OF DUTY Don't worry about MAZIARZ looking for votes. He is one of the most respected senators in ALBANY & least corrupt.
NOKILLBULL

Buffalo, NY

#6 Jan 20, 2012
Just say no to an animal, and the neighboring shelters will do the dirty work. The honors and donations will flow to to cowardly shelter. The average person is too stupid to see this.
you aint too bright

United States

#7 Jan 20, 2012
NOKILLBULL wrote:
Just say no to an animal, and the neighboring shelters will do the dirty work. The honors and donations will flow to to cowardly shelter. The average person is too stupid to see this.
just use a burlap bag and a rock like i do.

works every time.

no fees, no waiting in line

everything is biodegradable

less money the spca needs to

pay for dog and cat food
DogMa

AOL

#8 Jan 29, 2012
WOW, this is crazy. Of course Sen.Maziar is in it for the votes. Look how many voices are talking about the treatment of the animals. If he throws his name into it (as if he's helping) people will remember how "he spoke up" for the animals. I'd like to know how many times Sen. Maziar walked the halls and rooms of the NC SPCA. How much time did he spend there with the animals? The fund raisers that I have been to I've never seen him there. He's just providing lip service, that's all.
As far as the Erie County doing the investigation, it's a good thing. THEY know what they are looking for. It's the experienced ones that need to take charge. Trust me, there is no love lost between the Erie & Niagara shelters. Erie & other shelters can state they are "no kill" and that's wrong. I know someone who took a dog to Erie SPCA, they did NOT tell them it was aggressive. The staff found out real fast that was NOT an adoptable dog and the dog was put to sleep. Do you really think they adopt those dogs out?
Also, as far as John Faso goes-he is a glorified party planner. Not a Director, not a vet not a dog walker. When the position came up, did he hear about it like the rest of us and fill out an application? Did the Board actually "review" his application and find him the best? or was he just positioned there as a result of "who he knew". I have better qualifications then him. In no way am I defending him but he did not "hold to needle" The brown-nosing vet tech also had a hand in this. Faso was clueless leaving it ALL in her hands. The current "staff" are totally clueless. When you call up there, no one knows anything which is very frustrating. The Niagara County SPCA will get back on track but only with experienced people who know how to do their job.
willy

Niagara Falls, NY

#9 Jan 30, 2012
You have better qualifications than FASO?? Then if that is true , why don't you apply for the ride on the gravy train ? As for MAZIAR not going to the niagara spca , it is out of his district. It is in GRISANTTI's district. Did he ever go there ? I agree , its a mess at both NIAGARA & ERIE pounds
Lt Dan

North Tonawanda, NY

#10 Jan 31, 2012
willy wrote:
You have better qualifications than FASO?? Then if that is true , why don't you apply for the ride on the gravy train ? As for MAZIAR not going to the niagara spca , it is out of his district. It is in GRISANTTI's district. Did he ever go there ? I agree , its a mess at both NIAGARA & ERIE pounds
Hi Forrest,

Why do you call yourself willy?
Tbird told me your 'willy' has been dead since your stroke.

You belong in one of the cages at the Niagara SPCA.
How'd ya like a 'heart stick', you old geezer?

See ya at the VA.

Your friend,
Lt. Dan
WTF

Niagara Falls, NY

#11 Jan 31, 2012
Lt Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Forrest,
Why do you call yourself willy?
Tbird told me your 'willy' has been dead since your stroke.
You belong in one of the cages at the Niagara SPCA.
How'd ya like a 'heart stick', you old geezer?
See ya at the VA.
Your friend,
Lt. Dan
WTF

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Erie County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New forum for Erie County politics governament ... Jun 8 ErieNYpolitics 1
trump is not real Apr '16 tiny hand trump mad 1
News Recycle Your Unwanted Electronics - For Free (Sep '10) Jan '16 Anonymous 2
News Akron man accused of DWI after driving into house (Jan '12) Dec '15 Professional cour... 2
News Homes of Pigeon, Casey being searched (May '15) Jun '15 LGBT in EA 2
News Angola Man Faces Felony Charges Connected to Hi... (Oct '07) Nov '14 Polski Jidek 12
News Teenager shot in Buffalo dies (Jun '09) Oct '14 lol 8
More from around the web