Former El Paso county judge Dolores Briones, Sonny Garcia sentenced...

Mar 22, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: El Paso Times

Despite pleas for leniency from federal prosecutors and her defense attorney, former El Paso County Judge Dolores Briones was sentenced to two and a half years in prison for her role in a scheme to steal hundreds of thousands of dollars meant to help mentally ill children in El Paso County.

Comments
1 - 11 of 11 Comments Last updated Mar 23, 2013
DJ Jessy Fresh

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Dolores and Sonny , those are not the Dolores and Sonny I know. the punishments are too harsh. Had their names been Johnson and White they would have only got probation. This is a slap in the face to the Hispanic community.
antonio jefferson gomez

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

That is not the Dolores we came to love and worker for the people
Sad Part

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

What was she thinking no bells went off whisles screaming red flags waving. Greed does funny things to people.
Lapse of Judgement

Mesquite, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

She tried to slough it off as a "lapse of judgement."

Here's her problem:

She was reared in El Paso, an incubator of criminal psychopaths who wind up in public office. These corrupt thieves still try to palm thmeselves off as respectable people.
Briones

Mesquite, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Why is the moderator protecting this criminal?
DJ Jessy Fresh

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Lapse of Judgement wrote:
Here's her problem:
She was reared in El Paso, an incubator of criminal psychopaths who wind up in public office. These corrupt thieves still try to palm thmeselves off as respectable people.
dont' try and ruin her reputation. What have you ever done for the people? The People is appreciate all the work she for the people.
Ex- El Paso Resident

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Two crooks down and many thousand to go in El Paso.

The judge absolutly did the right thing. If anything it was not hard enough but not a hand slap like the local judges would do.

Thank God the Feds handled this.

If I were an FBI agent investigating public corruption El Paso would be my choice for a target rich environment and job security.

New policy coming soon in EP.

You have to be a convicted felon to hold office.

Stealing from challenges kids and blaming it on cancer as a public official is about as low as it gets.

The folks of El Paso need to start filling civil suits against the like of Garcia (EPISD), and folks like this for stealing your tax dollars.

Take every nickel they have. They didn't think twice about taking yours under the blanket of taxes and using for themsleves.
Ex- El Paso Resident

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

DJ Jessy Fresh wrote:
<quoted text>
dont' try and ruin her reputation. What have you ever done for the people? The People is appreciate all the work she for the people.
She ruined her reputation all by herself.
DJ Jessy Fresh

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Sad Part wrote:
What was she thinking no bells went off whisles screaming red flags waving. Greed does funny things to people.
yo yo yo, you ingrate. if you know anything about public office you would know things get put on the back burner a lot of times and things slip through the cracks.
Ex- El Paso Resident

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

DJ Jessy Fresh wrote:
<quoted text>
yo yo yo, you ingrate. if you know anything about public office you would know things get put on the back burner a lot of times and things slip through the cracks.
Now where did I just put that big bag of money Sonny just brought me?

I swear I cannot think straight today with all these bribes coming in.
loco soco

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Lapse of Judgement wrote:
Here's her problem:
And you mother is still here,you pendejo! LOL!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••