El Paso's May ballot to include gay protection, election timing, officials' pay

Feb 14, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: El Paso Times

El Paso voters in May will be asked to decide whether to include gays in the city's nondiscrimination policy, move the city elections to November and give the mayor and council pay raises to match the median income in the county.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
JWRssell USNR

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Here is one that the entire City is going to jump on. Everyone who felt the city violated their rights will turn out and turn this down with a slam dunk. Rev. Brown will lead the forefront of the balloting.
Lloyd

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

JWRssell USNR wrote:
Here is one that the entire City is going to jump on. Everyone who felt the city violated their rights will turn out and turn this down with a slam dunk. Rev. Brown will lead the forefront of the balloting.
I thought she died recently? There was a post or a twixt about it in here.
Huey Goins

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

JWRssell USNR wrote:
The "Rev" is a disgusting homophobic tongue talking faith healing uneducated F..ing idiot and a disgrace to this city. The military excepts gays for what they are cause they is born that way and no educated psychologist says that people just turn gay for the pure hell of it.So your God created the gays and then wants to shit on what he made in the first place? El Paso is the 6TH largest city in the USA and we do not need to be known as the biggest bunch of homophobes in the USA. Only new business we will generate here will be companies that treat their employees like shit with lowest money they have to pay and no benefits for any one. Period. The courts will not allow this homophobic BS to keep going forever seeing as this is the USA and the home of the free.
JWRussell USNR

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Huey Goins wrote:
<quoted text> The "Rev" is a disgusting homophobic tongue talking faith healing uneducated F..ing idiot and a disgrace to this city. The military excepts gays for what they are cause they is born that way and no educated psychologist says that people just turn gay for the pure hell of it.So your God created the gays and then wants to shit on what he made in the first place? El Paso is the 6TH largest city in the USA and we do not need to be known as the biggest bunch of homophobes in the USA. Only new business we will generate here will be companies that treat their employees like shit with lowest money they have to pay and no benefits for any one. Period. The courts will not allow this homophobic BS to keep going forever seeing as this is the USA and the home of the free.
Understand the Rev Brown and his friends will gather at the polls and make it very difficult for this measure to pass. However discrimination is covered under the federal government. We are the sixth largest "Border City", In Texas, Not the sixth largest in the nation.
Huey Goins

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

JWRussell USNR wrote:
<quoted text>Understand the Rev Brown and his friends will gather at the polls and make it very difficult for this measure to pass. However discrimination is covered under the federal government. We are the sixth largest "Border City", In Texas, Not the sixth largest in the nation.
Right you is-We is not the 6TH largest city in the USA we is the `19TH largest city-my bad.The Rev and his pack of homophobes very well might try to influence the general population into trying to strip rights of the gays and also trying to deny the vote from educated non homophobic citizens who don't think religion has any business being part of state and local laws. Sounds like twisted Sahara BS to me. We will all see.If he is going to rally the homophobes then it figures that those tired of his BS get rallied as well.He is trying to disenfranchise these poor souls and they best come out with all they got cause he got no soul conscious or have any guilt any regard for them born the wrong way. I think some of these homophobic nut job look kind a strange to me and I always thought the beauty of America was that religion could not be legislated.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••