Texas Senate considering bill request...

Texas Senate considering bill request by El Paso officials

There are 2 comments on the El Paso Times story from Apr 2, 2013, titled Texas Senate considering bill request by El Paso officials. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

A Texas Senate committee is considering a bill requested by El Paso County officials who want to make it easier to hire a medical examiner.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

JWRussell USNR

El Paso, TX

#1 Apr 3, 2013
The requirement to be a certified medical doctor is a good thing but it should not rely on being certified by the State of Texas and the citizenship as an American before obtaining the job should be tossed out. The biggest qualification should be if they have the training to be a medical examiner.
Frank Gray

United States

#2 Apr 3, 2013
JWRussell USNR wrote:
The requirement to be a certified medical doctor is a good thing but it should not rely on being certified by the State of Texas and the citizenship as an American before obtaining the job should be tossed out. The biggest qualification should be if they have the training to be a medical examiner.
I agree. It's not like the medical examiner can do any more harm to the patient and thus they don't have to take the Hippocratic oath.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Paso County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News County to help Mexico educate immigrants on rights 2 hr New Resident 56
News 2 reach plea deals in East El Paso County cocainea Mar 21 butters_ 1
News Immigration detainee denied transgender treatment Mar 2 Only New Resident 30
News Ex-foster parents' sexual assault charges dismi... Mar 1 sevilla16 1
News Gov. Abbott promotes his agenda in El Paso Feb 22 DC Dave 20
News A Trans Woman Pressing Charges Against Her Abus... Feb '17 Quirky 38
News Texas-News 6 hour ago 10:04 a.m.ICE detains all... Feb '17 Gunslinger 915 5
More from around the web