Palmer Lake police chief Gilliana dea...

Palmer Lake police chief Gilliana dead at age 54

There are 9 comments on the The Gazette story from Jan 5, 2008, titled Palmer Lake police chief Gilliana dead at age 54. In it, The Gazette reports that:

“Dan was a police professional, and he brought that to our police force.”

Palmer Lake Police Chief Dan Gilliana, a longtime area law officer and criminal justice instructor, died Friday morning. via The Gazette

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Gazette.

Brett Tenazio

Colorado Springs, CO

#1 Jan 9, 2008
I live one street over from him and heard the shot. He must've been outside because it was quite loud. We had the window open in our bedroom about three inches and immediately after the shot we heard a woman wailing. We called 911 and were told that help was on its way. A few minutes later police cars and a fire truck rolled into the neighborhood.

I didn't sleep well that night.
interesting

Littleton, CO

#2 Jan 9, 2008
Brett Tenazio wrote:
I live one street over from him and heard the shot. He must've been outside because it was quite loud. We had the window open in our bedroom about three inches and immediately after the shot we heard a woman wailing. We called 911 and were told that help was on its way. A few minutes later police cars and a fire truck rolled into the neighborhood.
I didn't sleep well that night.
ummm...I'm glad you cleared that up, sir. Dan was 53 and not 54, but who cares now, right?

I don't know why it happened, but "it" did and his sons have to live with it everyday for the rest of their lives.

So do I, his ex-wife and so does the Mayor of Palmer Lake.

The conversation he was having with him earlier that eve....hmmmm...I hope the Colorado Springs Police Force does its utmost in investigating this fully!

What a sad time for us...and you!
friend

O Fallon, MO

#3 Jan 10, 2008
Maybe your own conscious is beginning to get to you as well precious. There were many contributing factors you need to look at. I truly don't think you have any idea what they talked about after all you are his x-wife.

God bless Dan's boys, wife and daughter.
interesting wrote:
<quoted text>
ummm...I'm glad you cleared that up, sir. Dan was 53 and not 54, but who cares now, right?
I don't know why it happened, but "it" did and his sons have to live with it everyday for the rest of their lives.
So do I, his ex-wife and so does the Mayor of Palmer Lake.
The conversation he was having with him earlier that eve....hmmmm...I hope the Colorado Springs Police Force does its utmost in investigating this fully!
What a sad time for us...and you!
A Friend

Colorado Springs, CO

#4 Jan 10, 2008
Why are you all acting this way a dear friend passed, and that is the issue. May we all look inside our selfs at this time, and be a friend and act as friends. Isn't their enough going on in todays world. Look at the memories and the people that have shared their lives with us. Especially Dan he was a very giving man, and was a great listener,and friend. I know he will be missed by many and will always remain in our hearts.
From A Friend

Colorado Springs, CO

#5 Jan 10, 2008
Mary Frye that resonate from the Big Sky

Don’t stand by my grave and weep,
For I am not there.
I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond’s glint in the snow,
I am the sunlight on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn’s rain.
In the soft blush of the morning light
I am the swift bird in flight.
Don’t stand by my grave and cry,
I am not there,
I did not die.
Marion

Colorado Springs, CO

#6 Jan 10, 2008
Dan was a good friend and teacher - we had many talks before and after class. He always had time for his friends and students. He is one if not the best instructor I have ever known, and he was a dear and trusted friend. You will be missed by me and my wife and so many many others Dan.
Bless you for being a part of our lives.
former

Denver, CO

#7 Jan 12, 2008
friend wrote:
Maybe your own conscious is beginning to get to you as well precious. There were many contributing factors you need to look at. I truly don't think you have any idea what they talked about after all you are his x-wife.
God bless Dan's boys, wife and daughter.
<quoted text>
You kinda didn't read my comment correctly "friend"!

I gave my friend Dan Roots and Wings-the freedom to leave "precious" and go to Janet, the ONLY woman he's ever loved-how many "former wives" can truly say that??

By the way, there are five GROWN siblings involved: THREE biological sons, one step son and one step daughter (the later two still having a BIOLOGICAL father ALIVE)!
Brother in Blue

O Fallon, MO

#8 Jan 13, 2008
I had the privilage of working under Dan for the past year since he took over here in Palmer Lake. He was the kind of Chief that always fought for his officers and made sure we had what we needed and were taken care of. Any time a fellow cop falls, it's like loosing a brother, even if you didn't know him personally. How much harder is it when you fought along side him on an almost daily basis.
-Hail, Brother:'Till we meet again-
Brian Decarlo Jr

Memphis, TN

#9 Mar 25, 2008
Thanks for censoring my post. What a country!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Paso County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ms. Watson did you take Hills money before you ... Jul 13 Shera 1
1993 Public Defenders Sierra Jorge and James Ta... Jul 10 Shera 1
News US shooting suspect a 'weird loner' (Nov '15) Nov '15 DILF 3
News First El Paso County sheriff subject of 'Colora... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Anorexic Elise 1
News Gov. Hickenlooper appoints Richard Gabriel to C... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Isolated House 1
News Colorado Springs mayoral candidate arrested (Jan '15) Jan '15 Thetruth 1
Help for Chloe Grace (Nov '14) Nov '14 kathymckinney 1
More from around the web