Following win, Colorado marijuana act...

Following win, Colorado marijuana activists debate how hard to push

There are 2 comments on the LongmontFYI story from Nov 25, 2012, titled Following win, Colorado marijuana activists debate how hard to push. In it, LongmontFYI reports that:

Colorado marijuana activists, empowered after backing a successful legalization effort in the state, are in the midst of a dialogue about how far to press their success.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LongmontFYI.

Ron Kirkish _Gilroy_CA

Morgan Hill, CA

#1 Nov 25, 2012
On 11/20/2012, The Whitehouse Office of National Drug Control Policy issued this statement from the Obama Administration: "The passage of marijuana legalization in Colorado and Washington remains under legal review by the Department of Justice. However, our Federal laws prohibiting the use, production, and trafficking of marijuana remain unchanged. To be clear: the Obama Administration opposes the legalization of drugs because it runs counter to public health and safety). Marijuana remains a Schedule I drug per the Controlled Substances Act. Marijuana is illegal because research shows that increased drug use and availability negatively impacts our families, schools, our economy, and places obstacles in the way of raising healthy and safe young people. ONDCP has received many inquiries in recent months requesting information on how individuals or organizations can educate their communities about the consequences of marijuana use. As part of our efforts to help you prevent drug use among young people and provide evidenced-based information, please visit our online Marijuana Information Resource Center. This toolkit includes Frequently Asked Questions about marijuana, a fact sheet, and up-to-date information on State laws pertaining to marijuana. You can find the toolkit at www.whitehouse.gov/ondcp/marijuanainfo . Thank you for the work that you do to keep your communities safe, healthy and drug-free, ONDCP Office of Intergovernmental and Public Liaison."

This is an extremely strong warning that President Obama and his Department of Justice (USAG Eric Holder) intend to strongly enforce the Federal Controlled Substance Act (CSA).

I would like to say thanks to NORML, ASA, MPP, DPA and other Pro-Pot lobbyists and let them know how much I sincerely appreciate them for greatly overreaching and forcing the Federal Government to this day.......thank you very much!!!

Soon Colorado, Washington State, and the pro-pot supporters will begin to see and feel hammer of justices as the Federal Government defends the CSA.

Ronald L. Kirkish

Sheik Yerbouti

Richmond, IN

#2 Nov 26, 2012
The obama administration is still stuck in the 30's reefer madness mode. They will probably conduct ultra violent para military raids against those using or growing a harmless plant! It is obvious that obama and his dea thugs have no respect for the will of a majority of voters in both states.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Paso County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News US shooting suspect a 'weird loner' (Nov '15) Nov '15 DILF 3
News First El Paso County sheriff subject of 'Colora... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Anorexic Elise 1
News Gov. Hickenlooper appoints Richard Gabriel to C... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Isolated House 1
News Colorado Springs mayoral candidate arrested (Jan '15) Jan '15 Thetruth 1
Help for Chloe Grace (Nov '14) Nov '14 kathymckinney 1
News Sexually Violent Predator Moves To New Colorado... (Nov '14) Nov '14 kathymckinney 1
News Fox News reported 'fake voting scandal' is actu... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Understatement 2
More from around the web