Death rattles Monument

Death rattles Monument

There are 5 comments on the Colorado Springs Independent story from May 18, 2010, titled Death rattles Monument. In it, Colorado Springs Independent reports that:

Monument Police Department and the Lewis-Palmer School District 38 will hold a community meeting from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. today at Creekside Middle School, on Creekside Drive, to discuss public safety and keeping children safe.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Colorado Springs Independent.

Eric Jeffery

Warrenton, VA

#1 May 18, 2010
D38 acted despicably last night sending a fear laden non descript email to their distribution list. Hundreds of parents received a generic email about the death of a child causing fear and panic in the community. Mr. Blanch should not only be ashamed but held accountable for the incompetence of his staff for sending this message. Were I not in California on a business trip I would attend this meeting and raise issue in person about this disgusting display of ineptitude.

Eric Jeffery
Monument, CO
[email protected]
Eric Jeffery

South Vienna, OH

#2 May 19, 2010
For those interested, here is the Sky is Falling, one of your children may be dead email disgrace that D38 sent out to all on their mass distribution:

Email Title: Children's Safety Confirmed

"Hello D38 Families: As media have reported, police are investigating the death of a child in the Town of Monument. Law enforcement has not confirmed the victim's identity, and the incident is believed to be fairly old. The El Paso County Sheriff's office has assured the District that there is no safety concern for our schools regarding this incident, and that all school operations may continue as usual this week. The D38 safety team maintains communication with authorities in all cases of this nature, to assure that our students are protected and secure."

Imagine receiving this and not seeing your child, knowing they are safe. How many parents were sent in a panic trying to ensure their child was not impacted by whatever event this foolish email was trying to convey.
D-38 Parent

Monument, CO

#3 May 20, 2010
I think you were the only parent "sent in a panic." This story broke over the weekend and has been given constant publicity since then. The message you're talking about was sent to parents on Monday afternoon. I don't know how you figure that would cause fear and panic? Wouldn't it be the initial story?
I commend the district for working with the sheriff's office to ensure the safety of my kids wasn't at risk. What do you expect the school district to do...say nothing and hope the story goes away?
Loving mother

Pueblo, CO

#4 May 23, 2010
What is wrong with people? One if you know where your kid is then why would you worry after getting that email? Two if you dont know where your kid is shame on you! Three you can read right it stated that the case was believed to be older meaning it happend a while ago!People are unbelievable these days! OUR SCHOOLS ARE REQUIRED TO ANOUNCE ANYTHING TO DO WITH CHILDREN IT IS AN AWARENESS THING THEY STARTED AFTER KIDS STARTED SHOOTING UP SCHOOLS! I was happy to see that our schools are aware.
Eric Jeffery

Monument, CO

#5 Jul 30, 2010
I was on a business trip and my daughters were with their mother. The district is a paranoid entity that hypes fear to the public. If they spent more time educating and less time reacting to "old" news then maybe we would have a better public educational system.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Paso County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gov. Hickenlooper appoints Richard Gabriel to C... Jun '15 Isolated House 1
News Colorado Springs mayoral candidate arrested (Jan '15) Jan '15 Thetruth 1
Help for Chloe Grace (Nov '14) Nov '14 kathymckinney 1
News Sexually Violent Predator Moves To New Colorado... (Nov '14) Nov '14 kathymckinney 1
News Fox News reported 'fake voting scandal' is actu... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Understatement 2
News Jury finds Colorado Springs shoplifter mostly r... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Thelma 1
News Homeless woman identified, remembered fondly by... (Dec '13) Dec '13 CPMS 1
More from around the web