Is 55 MPH Too Slow For I-25?

Apr 26, 2008 Full story: KRDO

“It's fine, I think it's normal”

Most of I-25 through Colorado Springs is 55 miles per hour. That was the case through most of Denver until Friday morning when the Colorado Department of Transportation increased the speed limit in some areas. via KRDO

Full Story
Laura McNeall

United States

#1 Apr 27, 2008
Yes, 55 mph is too slow. California engineers know how to move traffic, they do not here. They are stupid and make slow speed limits and our wussy two lane highways. It's ridiculous!
Kevin Reynolds

Colorado Springs, CO

#2 Jul 14, 2008
What is the incentive for this reconsideration? I have to say its been quite some time since the 75mph speed limit was enacted, and is there any special detail that came out of some study that made them reconsider? Is this to get fed money for colorado interstates? Why? Until I know that, its going to be hard to argue one way or another.

If its the safety angle I don't think that they have demonstrated that 55mph is significantly more safe for drivers than 75mph. Prove this and maybe I would consider it. I bet they will find the difference is insignificant.

Personally as a daily commuter, this would add another 30-40 minutes of transit each way, so I am inclined to say "Yes, its too slow."

“America's future is bright!”

Since: Dec 07

Colorado Springs, CO

#3 Jul 14, 2008
Keep it 75 all the way, in fact increase it here in town to at least 65, everyone drives at least 65 in town anyway. I would also suggest 3 lanes from North Academy to Castle Rock and back. Way to congested! We live in the year 2008 and our roads are made to handle the 50's or 1960's traffic.

“I like wearing black”

Since: Jul 08

AOL

#4 Jul 28, 2008
I know it's hard to maintain 55, because nobody goes 55. It's hard not to speed. They could raise the speed limits, and if it works leave it. If it causes problems, (like I donno what) Put it back where it was. Experement.

“I like wearing black”

Since: Jul 08

AOL

#5 Jul 28, 2008
This town is so full of construction. I'm starting to mistake those orange cones for State Trees. I hope alot of the projects they are working on this year get done.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

El Paso County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Help for Chloe Grace Nov 14 kathymckinney 1
Sexually Violent Predator Moves To New Colorado... Nov 13 kathymckinney 1
Fox News reported 'fake voting scandal' is actu... Oct 26 Understatement 2
Jury finds Colorado Springs shoplifter mostly r... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Thelma 1
Homeless woman identified, remembered fondly by... (Dec '13) Dec '13 CPMS 1
CO Sheriff: 'Should Be Able to Fire Representat... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Progressive hero 1
Green Mountain Falls ponders elimination of pol... (Jul '13) Aug '13 dltrent 2

El Paso County People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE