Coaches Guard Against Ga. Dropouts

Coaches Guard Against Ga. Dropouts

There are 2 comments on the WXIA Atlanta story from Nov 2, 2007, titled Coaches Guard Against Ga. Dropouts. In it, WXIA Atlanta reports that:

More than 30 percent of students who start ninth grade don't graduate four years later.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WXIA Atlanta.

Joan Hood

Norcross, GA

#1 Nov 8, 2007
Finally, there is a program that personifies the African proverb, "It takes a village to raise a child." I am overjoyed to see the private sector step up to the plate to help the many at-risk young people in Georgia. CIS is a God-send that is finally taking hold!!! While I was a teacher, I always felt that there was not enough support personnel in the schools today. Presently retired, I still feel obligated to give service to others. I would be willing to dedicate a few more years of my life to this program. I am tired of seeing so many smart and talented young people (black males especially) "fall through the cracks" because not enough people are there to catch them before the world overpowers them. Thank God for CIS and its innovative idea of placing graduation coaches in the schools!

Joan Nelson Hood
Retired H.S.teacher,2006
Leo

United States

#2 Nov 8, 2007
Wonderful! Good to see good news and good replies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Effingham County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fight to remove Confederate symbols is far from... (Nov '15) Nov '15 private guy 1
News NAACP says Confederate issue 'far from over' at... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Big Knob 2
News Pastor charged with child molestation (Jan '10) Aug '15 childhood nightmare 21
News Man who shot dogs with crossbow out on bond (Dec '14) Dec '14 truthbetold123 1
News Clyo man arrested after high-speed chase (Dec '13) Dec '13 briana 1
News Mobile food pantry delivers assistance (Sep '13) Sep '13 TLR 1
News Teen shot during apparent burglary attempt (May '13) May '13 treys classmate 1
More from around the web