Pastor charged with child molestation

Full story: SavannahNow

A Bloomingdale minister was arrested Wednesday on charges of molesting a boy younger than 5 years old.
Comments
1 - 20 of 20 Comments Last updated Feb 24, 2013
an old friend

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2010

i new ken terrell on a personal level, he has done this before, and blamed it on drugs, i do not care how messed up on drugs you get, there is no excuse for this. i thought that ken could be trusted, after all he, and his wife took care of his 11 year old granddaughter all of her life, and took care of other kids "adopted".....did he adopt these kids to molest them,or what? i wonder what his kids think of him, or what his mother in law, julie stanley thinks of him? i personally think that hes a discusting perverted freak.
KenTerrells Daughter

Saint Simons Island, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2010

Judged:

an old friend wrote:
i new ken terrell on a personal level, he has done this before, and blamed it on drugs, i do not care how messed up on drugs you get, there is no excuse for this. i thought that ken could be trusted, after all he, and his wife took care of his 11 year old granddaughter all of her life, and took care of other kids "adopted".....did he adopt these kids to molest them,or what? i wonder what his kids think of him, or what his mother in law, julie stanley thinks of him? i personally think that hes a discusting perverted freak.
Hello, My name is Bridgette and i am Ken's middle daughter. I have read your comment and personal think that you have no idea what you are talking about. What my father did or didn't do in the past has nothing to do with this present case. I honestly do not think you should place judgement on him when you have no idea what is going on. IF you knew my father on a personal level, you would not have this rude obsurd comments to say about him. My father's life revolved around helping people, not hurting them. So since you wonder what his kids think of him, i'm going to tell you. I have the utmost respect for him. I have been with him in his walk with the Lord and he truly is a MAN OF GOD!! People are so drawn in by gossip that they don't care about the people they are talking about. So, WHEN they prove my father is NOT GUILTY, i will be looking forward to the comments you people have to say then!!!!!
Brenda

Lithonia, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2010

Well my name is Brenda and I am the cousin of the child your "Father" molested. We will see how innocent he is when this investigation is complete, if there is one child there are more. Be sure your Sins will find you out. Since your father is a "Man of God" (and I use the term loosely)he should know that.
papa

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2010

let him rot in Jail then Hell.....
ken terrells daughter

Saint Simons Island, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2010

Judged:

Brenda wrote:
Well my name is Brenda and I am the cousin of the child your "Father" molested. We will see how innocent he is when this investigation is complete, if there is one child there are more. Be sure your Sins will find you out. Since your father is a "Man of God" (and I use the term loosely)he should know that.
No the one who needs to rot in hell is the little boys grandparents!!!!!!!!!! They are the ones who started these lies just because they are mad his mom left their church to go to my dad's!!!!!!!!!! People need to grow up!!!!!!!!!
For the Record Briggitte

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 18, 2010

Judged:

If this was your child who was claiming to be molested, would you be so quick to defend the person "accused" of the crime - I think not. You claim that people started lies about your father because of a difference in choice of church - sounds like YOU need to grow up and find a better excuse to write-off the allegations against your father. Did you ever stop to think that had your father been living right to begin with - nobody would be able to accuse him of anything much less something so serious as child molestation. Whether you want to admit it or not, something happened between your father and that boy to create the allegations.
P.S. people who where their religion on their sleeve, normally turn out to be hypocrites just trying to save face. Good luck with that.
ken terrells daughter wrote:
<quoted text>
No the one who needs to rot in hell is the little boys grandparents!!!!!!!!!! They are the ones who started these lies just because they are mad his mom left their church to go to my dad's!!!!!!!!!! People need to grow up!!!!!!!!!
Pastor Holley Maxwell

District Heights, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2010

Sick, Sick Sick: Accountable for Every Idle Word, Thought, and Deed. Judgement day is coming.
for the record

Sanford, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 16, 2010

not one person on here knows anything about this situation. you all say what you want but the truth is on the brink here and i will be soooo happy when everyone knows the TRUTH!!!!!!
truth

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2011

maybe all the doubters about the molestation of this small boy will rethink it...... lets hope the feds brake it off in his a** not only is he a 2 time child molester, a burglar, drug addict but he is now being charged with stealing from God!!! hey shannon how greats your hubby now??
truth

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2011

oops....break

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2011

Why would a 5 year old lie about this? A 5 year old does not have the mentality to make this up.
This man has a history of doing this.
Anyone who believes this man is innocent is just plain stupid.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2011

Brenda wrote:
There is always more than one victim.
angry

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2011

I new ken personally also, he is a man who hides behind God. He used God to cheat his workers and to steal from the church. The feds don;t carelessly throw accusations like that around. his record speaks for its self. 27 arrest in 27 years. kidnapping burglary, drugs child molestation. i hope they bury him under the jail. his one daughter stands by him but i know his son and one of his other daughters can't stand him and agree he is a con man. if he is only woth $130 like the courts say (read on august website) then why does he have new living room furniture boats jetskis and a flat screen tv. yet he didn;t pay his workers. i can't beleive anyone whould let him adopt a child. Brenda my prayers go out to your family cause no child should ever have to go through this. all you have to do is a search of his name and georgia and look at the things that come up on him. what a waste of space. and lots of space too at that matter.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2011

I do not know him but I know someone like this. These people do not change. I was not my abuser's first victim and I was not his last. They keep doing it until they die or go to prison.
U kno me

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2011

Bridgette how does it feel to know ur daddy isnt innocent now god can punish him
ticked off

Rincon, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2011

If Ken Terrell is so *innocent* & such a *good**christian*, y is he serving time for STEALING over 200,000$ from the church? He has molested n the past so theres NO reason 4 us NOT 2 believe he molested this poor little boy! I THOUGHT I knew Ken but I was SERIOUSLY mistaken! He is n jail where he belongs & I look forward 2 watching him being found GUILTY of child molestation! Brenda, I am SO sorry 4 wat this man had done 2 ur cousin & I HOPE he can get past it & not be afraid of any1!
Lah

Rincon, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2012

That young boy came briefly to a child care center I worked at then.
I don't know what happened, I believe all parties involved were lying to some degree or another but I know that child had unjustifiable injuries and someone somewhere failed to protect him.
I haven't seen him in years and I pray he is somewhere safe and loving.
Tinkerbell13

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2012

I have known ken my whole life just about been alone in rooms with him my family has went to camp meeting with him and his family he's never done or said anything to me but even if he did there is no reason for people to talk bad about Shannon or bring their children into it if he did it then he did it but his family doesnt need to be punished for his actions
Mike Jones

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

What about his wife Shannon Terrell,she smokes crack and suppose to be a drug teacher at New Harvest then she was just busted for buying drugs from her neighbors that were undercover cops in Regency 2 mobile homes.
Sinner

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

The pastor will end up being Big Bubbas Butt Buddy in the cell block.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Effingham County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Clyo man arrested after high-speed chase (Dec '13) Dec '13 briana 1
Mobile food pantry delivers assistance (Sep '13) Sep '13 TLR 1
Teen shot during apparent burglary attempt (May '13) May '13 treys classmate 1
Deputies search for Effingham Co. home invasion... (Apr '13) Apr '13 ALMONTE HAMILTON 1
Guyton man dies from injuries in Nov. 27 wreck (Dec '12) Dec '12 Nancy Parker-Ponder 1
Candidate profiles: County Commission District 1 (Aug '12) Aug '12 division 7 applic... 3
Two dead after high-speed chase Sunday (Oct '09) Jun '12 Rule Of Law 5

Search the Effingham County Forum:
•••