people working while they are drawing...
Medical

Crockett, TX

#21 Feb 26, 2009
Disabled wrote:
Did you ever think he may not physically disabled?
<quoted text>
Let's see if he is not physically disabled he must be mentally disabled......HUH... Do you think he should be running around with a chain saw???????
rules

Huntsville, TX

#22 Feb 27, 2009
true wrote:
What about the people who draw disability because they are drug addicts or achololics. I know a few people like that.
that all started out like that ,.if you were an alcholic or drug user,ya couldnt get disability, you would have been denied, and it happened for a while, now they just cover there tracks ,
bugle boy

Greenbrier, AR

#23 Feb 27, 2009
If someone is honestly disabled, they deserve a check. What some of us are saying is we have so many on disability that is not disabled. If they can get out and roof or paint houses, they are not truly disabled. I get tired of paying for the lazy or dopeheads.
local edmonson countian

Greenbrier, AR

#24 Feb 27, 2009
I agree with bugle boy. people that deserves a disability check sometimes find it hard to finally get one due to so many that claim to be disabled and lay around on their hindends all day. There is a woman on a t.v commercial for flora Templeman Stewart that makes me sick bragging about her check. She was always a dopehead and a whore. She's the one with her tooth out in front. disgusting!
disabled

Glasgow, KY

#25 Feb 27, 2009
Medical wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see if he is not physically disabled he must be mentally disabled......HUH... Do you think he should be running around with a chain saw???????
If you are so curious then why don't you ask them why they are diasbled and that away you won't have to play the guessing game.
disabled

Glasgow, KY

#26 Feb 27, 2009
bugle boy wrote:
If someone is honestly disabled, they deserve a check. What some of us are saying is we have so many on disability that is not disabled. If they can get out and roof or paint houses, they are not truly disabled. I get tired of paying for the lazy or dopeheads.
And how do you know they are on dope??????????
i know

United States

#27 Feb 27, 2009
Darrel and Betty Hennion fit this one!!!
well

Alliance, OH

#29 Mar 2, 2009
local edmonson countian wrote:
I agree with bugle boy. people that deserves a disability check sometimes find it hard to finally get one due to so many that claim to be disabled and lay around on their hindends all day. There is a woman on a t.v commercial for flora Templeman Stewart that makes me sick bragging about her check. She was always a dopehead and a whore. She's the one with her tooth out in front. disgusting!
All of Flora's clients on commericials are missing teeth!
knows

Lexington, KY

#30 Mar 2, 2009
local edmonson countian wrote:
I agree with bugle boy. people that deserves a disability check sometimes find it hard to finally get one due to so many that claim to be disabled and lay around on their hindends all day. There is a woman on a t.v commercial for flora Templeman Stewart that makes me sick bragging about her check. She was always a dopehead and a whore. She's the one with her tooth out in front. disgusting!
that would be wanda married to Lonnie mccrady,. yep yep,.
crazy people

Greensburg, KY

#31 Mar 2, 2009
Come on guys, are you for real? Why do people get off on always talking about negative things? It looks like to me everyone on this site is quick to judge. People never know what is really going on with others. I would just hope the people that have posted on this site negatively gets a fair chance when their time comes whether its with disability or whatever might come their way!!!
disabled also

Louisville, KY

#32 Mar 4, 2009
Well put, Disabled. I have a physical disability. I worked for 20 years in an "upper middle class pay" job. It has been a very difficult transition financially and mentally. Some times I have a "good day" and I am able to clean house or work in the yard. People see that and wonder why I cant work a public job. But the bad days outnumber the good days. No employer would hire me if I could only work on these good days.
I understand why people get upset when someone that is disabled works. I wish I could do that!
yagottobekiddin

Lexington, KY

#33 Mar 4, 2009
disabled also wrote:
Well put, Disabled. I have a physical disability. I worked for 20 years in an "upper middle class pay" job. It has been a very difficult transition financially and mentally. Some times I have a "good day" and I am able to clean house or work in the yard. People see that and wonder why I cant work a public job. But the bad days outnumber the good days. No employer would hire me if I could only work on these good days.
I understand why people get upset when someone that is disabled works. I wish I could do that!
amen. its very difficult to do what little house work i can do, sometimes i try to work out side, no one else around to do anything for me, and it has to be done,cant afford to pay people either,so 1 step at a time, and then suffer for weeks, thats how it goes, been there done that, its not fun and very very hard to adjust to the difference in pay, but life goes on and we do to,wish u the best,
hisexfriend

Elizabethtown, KY

#34 Mar 4, 2009
true wrote:
What about the people who draw disability because they are drug addicts or achololics. I know a few people like that.
omg!!! are u talking about allen higgs? he does that! he works but still draws a check.
Sick

Franklin, TN

#35 Mar 9, 2009
i worked and have no choice but to draw a check i miss working being around other people it is not fun to sit here all day i also do a little at at time as far as house work i thank god im still here everyday but its a big ajustment if you think about it there are people who really need it and those people who are cheating and working are taking it from those who need it im not proud to be on it i would rather work and if i ever get where i can i will stop getting the check yes its hard it give up things but you learn some things you just think you need im not a bum and people who work and draw a check are bums
bigdaddy

Somerset, KY

#36 Nov 30, 2009
[i am legitamitaly disabled i can not walk anymore and i wish i could find a job to work with my disability. i worked for 20 years and paid taxes and i am sick of people saying im just tryin to get a free ride. i want to work. im not some bum that wont work in a pie factory for $100.00 dollars an hour and all i can eat. i think the gov should do something about people sucking the rest of america dry! somerset ky is the worst for not caring if you work while on the draw. something needs to be done NOW
another one

Maplesville, AL

#37 Jan 1, 2010
I worked for 37 years, and never asked anyone for anything. I went from making $500.00 weekly to around $1300.00 monthly...I'm far from "Got it made". Yes you can be 100% disabled and work SOME. Check and get facts before you run your mouth or put people down...makes you look ignorant and no better than the ones you run down.
Amy

Newark, OH

#38 Feb 16, 2010
I am one of those people who draws disability. I am only in my thirties and disabilty is one that is not self inflicted. I have Epilepsy And have had brain surgy twice and the drs had to remove most of my short term memory. I am unable to learn new things because I can't remember what I taught. When I try to get a job I am not able to remember how to do it. I have had very good I paying jobs and now this. It is so frustrating I do not make any money on disability compAred to my previous jobs I have had. I hate it so bad because you can't tell by looking me. I try to avoid conversations that involve jobs because always ask the ? Where do you work? It is so embarassing especially at my age. I wanted to try and just a little job to suplement my income but it is next to impossible because I not able to retain new information. Also if I could find something very simple that maybe I could then i lose my disability. My mom is the person in charge of my disability money because I am unable to remember and manage the money. It so depressing for me to be this way at my age. I am not one of those people who abuses the system. I have difficult every day issues. It is so depressing and I am to young to be in this situation. I also had to go a couple of years with no income and to move back in. With my parents. I also have a daughter to take care of. It has to be hard for her because when her friends ask what I' do and she tells them don't work because I have seizures and I know kids are mean. So to those who say these mean things? You never know what could happen to you because I never thought I would end up like this.
not_a_freeloader

Perryville, AR

#39 Mar 12, 2010
you people seem to think being disabled is a sin. you are wrong. i am disabled from a heart attack that has left my heart at 20% of its capacity a little over a year ago, for which i had no control over. i worked every day for 35 years and paid in my social security, and now that i need it, even though it is a token amount of what i earned, it is better than nothing. also, my medicines, which are not cheap, are not covered by any insurance nor can i get any help from the so called helping agencies; you see, you have to wait two years for medicare to kick in, so you can buy it and try to get it to cover the medicines you need. being disabled is not a sin, nor am i a freeloader. i do agree that a drug or alcohol addict should not get disability, but our great government has seen fit to allow them to do so, probably because the ones that are screaming the loudest never took the time to see what your politicians are voting on and allowed them to vote how ever they wanted without fear of replacement, mainly because you never voted them out after they did what we all know was wrong. instead of griping about me being a freeloader and having an easy life since i became disabled, maybe you should be looking at the ones that represent you in our government and make changes there before you name-call and make assumptions about the ones drawing disability. i love edmonson county, but there are a lot of back-stabbers here, and the community aide seems to want to help (friends, relatives, whatever) the people that doesn't need the help instead of helping the ones that do. lets change these few things, and you will see a huge difference because the true freeloaders will have to change their ways, either by going elsewhere or working like they are able to do.
not_a_freeloader

Perryville, AR

#40 Mar 12, 2010
sorry for the double post, i get so worked up sometimes over people talking that know nothing of what they speak of and judge people without even knowing the facts.
iggy

Calhoun, KY

#41 Sep 14, 2010
Being disabled is not funny. I became disabled 3
years ago and its not fun. I went from $2000.00
a month working to a mear $625.oo a month Disability. Now as far as dead beats there are a few here. I know a guy that only worked 12 years of
total in his life and went 15 years not working and
started drawing his disability and they started him
out at $1400.00 a month. I have worked all my life
started when i was 15 years old and they said thats
all i could draw. So some need it and some don't

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Edmonson County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2018 Edmonson County Spring Cleanup Apr 1 MMMicheleMiller 1
Demunbruns Store Music Thread Mar '18 Musikologist 2
News Former paramedic, officer accused of violating ... (Jun '11) Feb '18 popeyes chicken 14
Charles (Pete) Cole (Aug '12) Feb '18 Wondering 5
Ugly Divorces Involving Children Feb '18 Thinker 2
Tess justice (Oct '17) Feb '18 jerry 2
Ollie Music Thread Jan '18 Musikologist 1