Trusties erect nativity scene

Jenio Berdoza, left, and Angel Saiz, trusties from the Eddy County Detention Center, work on setting up the nativity scene Tuesday on the Eddy County Courthouse lawn, in preparation for the kickoff of downtown Christmas events this weekend. Read more
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
amusing

Carlsbad, NM

#1 Nov 26, 2010
not criticizing or putting anyone down, but found it amusing an inmate with the name angel.
hottemperedone

Carlsbad, NM

#3 Nov 26, 2010
amusing wrote:
not criticizing or putting anyone down, but found it amusing an inmate with the name angel.
I found it pathetic that we couldn't find a single Thanksgiving picture within our community to feature on the front page that was worth a darn, so we gave two inmates a few minutes of fame. Disgusting!
MLE1

Hobbs, NM

#4 Nov 26, 2010
The words trust, inmate and erect dont go well together!
The Real Truth

Carlsbad, NM

#5 Nov 26, 2010
Dipwad editor! It's "trustee's".
editor

Carlsbad, NM

#6 Nov 26, 2010
The Real Truth wrote:
you mean criminals if you want to get to the nitty gritty.
vocabulary

Carlsbad, NM

#7 Nov 26, 2010
MLE1 wrote:
The words trust, inmate and erect dont go well together!
are you speaking of the word erection?
MLE1

Hobbs, NM

#8 Nov 26, 2010
vocabulary wrote:
<quoted text>are you speaking of the word erection?
I wrote what I wrote.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#9 Nov 26, 2010
When correcting the writing of others, it's best to be careful. It would be "trustees," not "trustee's."

However, "trusties" is in fact correct. "someone who is trusted, esp a convict to whom special privileges are granted."

"Trustee" is a legal term for a holder of property on behalf of a beneficiary.

BTW, I also know how to spell "fail."
The Real Truth wrote:
Erm

Carlsbad, NM

#10 Nov 27, 2010
pwnd

Location hidden

#11 Nov 27, 2010
So um why is this in the paper?
The Real Truth

Carlsbad, NM

#12 Nov 27, 2010
Miep wrote:
When correcting the writing of others, it's best to be careful. It would be "trustees," not "trustee's."
However, "trusties" is in fact correct. "someone who is trusted, esp a convict to whom special privileges are granted."
"Trustee" is a legal term for a holder of property on behalf of a beneficiary.
BTW, I also know how to spell "fail."
<quoted text>
Thank you Miss Marple!
The Real Truth

Carlsbad, NM

#13 Nov 27, 2010
Erm wrote:
pwnd
Yo Mama!
real truth

Alto, NM

#14 Nov 28, 2010
The Real Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Yo Mama!
why not have individuals dress up as a "JESUS" and show the real meaning of "CHRISTMAS", no, a "SANTA CLAUS" is put out everywhere not just one but lots of them even during the light parade, don't get me wrong it was great but 1 santa, 2 santa, 3, and more, come on, this not only confuses the children but it shows no real meaning, but I forgot, in this town if religion is spoken it is a big deal so let's keep lieng to our children maybe if they knew the real meaning being "JESUS CHRIST" this town and maybe the whole world would be a much better and safer place to live in. now why not have some dressed up jesus's walking around and show the real spirit of christmas, and that goes for the tooth Fairy that isn't even real. and the Easter Bunny that's a joke Easter is also sacred, the rising of Jesus Christ, I mean have fun with these holidays but also let's speak the truth of these special days, any body agree???????

Location hidden

#15 Nov 28, 2010
Excellent idea. Better yet, we could have the trusties dress up as Jesuses!
real truth wrote:
<quoted text>why not have individuals dress up as a "JESUS" and show the real meaning of "CHRISTMAS", no, a "SANTA CLAUS" is put out everywhere not just one but lots of them even during the light parade, don't get me wrong it was great but 1 santa, 2 santa, 3, and more, come on, this not only confuses the children but it shows no real meaning, but I forgot, in this town if religion is spoken it is a big deal so let's keep lieng to our children maybe if they knew the real meaning being "JESUS CHRIST" this town and maybe the whole world would be a much better and safer place to live in. now why not have some dressed up jesus's walking around and show the real spirit of christmas, and that goes for the tooth Fairy that isn't even real. and the Easter Bunny that's a joke Easter is also sacred, the rising of Jesus Christ, I mean have fun with these holidays but also let's speak the truth of these special days, any body agree???????
MLE2

Hobbs, NM

#16 Nov 28, 2010
real truth wrote:
<quoted text>why not have individuals dress up as a "JESUS" and show the real meaning of "CHRISTMAS", no, a "SANTA CLAUS" is put out everywhere not just one but lots of them even during the light parade, don't get me wrong it was great but 1 santa, 2 santa, 3, and more, come on, this not only confuses the children but it shows no real meaning, but I forgot, in this town if religion is spoken it is a big deal so let's keep lieng to our children maybe if they knew the real meaning being "JESUS CHRIST" this town and maybe the whole world would be a much better and safer place to live in. now why not have some dressed up jesus's walking around and show the real spirit of christmas, and that goes for the tooth Fairy that isn't even real. and the Easter Bunny that's a joke Easter is also sacred, the rising of Jesus Christ, I mean have fun with these holidays but also let's speak the truth of these special days, any body agree???????
Thank you! The Santas confusing the children. The only real holiday is Halloween! My votes would be for the ones that had to do with the true meaning of Christmas and NOT one of the Santas!!
Gotcha

United States

#17 Nov 28, 2010
MLE2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you! The Santas confusing the children. The only real holiday is Halloween! My votes would be for the ones that had to do with the true meaning of Christmas and NOT one of the Santas!!
The Jesus one Is still confusing me. A guy In the sky has a kid with a virgin we kill him and he comes back to life to tell us were bad but now that he's dead/ alive we can be good If we want to? I like the Santa better! If your good ya might get the G.I. JOE with the Kung fu grip!=0) What's confusing about presents?
MLE2

Hobbs, NM

#18 Nov 28, 2010
Gotcha wrote:
<quoted text>The Jesus one Is still confusing me. A guy In the sky has a kid with a virgin we kill him and he comes back to life to tell us were bad but now that he's dead/ alive we can be good If we want to? I like the Santa better! If your good ya might get the G.I. JOE with the Kung fu grip!=0) What's confusing about presents?
The way you write it is very confusing. If they had ONE santa, that would be different, for the children are taught ONE santa, not 7 in one place, which can confuse them and it did my children. I did not kill Jesus. LOL, you would like Santa better because of the presents.

Location hidden

#19 Nov 28, 2010
Well, but what about in huge municipalities? One Santa for all of Los Angeles? Imagine the lines.
MLE2 wrote:
<quoted text>
The way you write it is very confusing. If they had ONE santa, that would be different, for the children are taught ONE santa, not 7 in one place, which can confuse them and it did my children. I did not kill Jesus. LOL, you would like Santa better because of the presents.
Gotcha

United States

#20 Nov 28, 2010
MLE2 wrote:
<quoted text>
My Daughter never questioned that. She was scared of all of them! But her and my wife like presents,that I do know! I am Santa now! If I want a good present I gotta go get It Myself. If you believe Jesus died for your sins then you killed him! That's the bible talking not me. Like I said before I like the Old testament. Where God himself doles out all the punishment personally, and seems to enjoy himself In the process.

Location hidden

#21 Nov 28, 2010
Well, I think we need to discuss some more, this idea of people dressing up as Jesuses. Jesus has such a minimal costume, ya know. So, before we start dressing people up as Jesus, maybe we need to get Jesus a suitable outfit that will permanently brand the brand.

I don't think the diaper and thorn crown from the cross is the look we want, if only because it is winter and doubtless would require an overcoat which would ruin the whole point, whatever that point might be.
Gotcha wrote:
<quoted text>The Jesus one Is still confusing me. A guy In the sky has a kid with a virgin we kill him and he comes back to life to tell us were bad but now that he's dead/ alive we can be good If we want to? I like the Santa better! If your good ya might get the G.I. JOE with the Kung fu grip!=0) What's confusing about presents?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

More from around the web