Teen dies in Blakely fight

Teen dies in Blakely fight

There are 87 comments on the WALB-TV Albany story from Jun 23, 2009, titled Teen dies in Blakely fight. In it, WALB-TV Albany reports that:

A teenager is charged with murdering another teen during a fight Sunday night in Early County, and investigators say they'll likely arrest more people.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WALB-TV Albany.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Hotwoman

Hephzibah, GA

#1 Jun 24, 2009
I am a resident of Blakely, Georgia, and I know that there aren't any real gangs in that small ass town. Unless there are some wanna be gang members, and I think they are cowards. The guys that killed that young man, just want to go for bad, but they asses will see what being bad is all about, when they get what they deserve. I didn't know that young man, but I do know that he didn't deserve what they did to him. If he was a son, brother, cousin, or anything related to me all I know I would be ready to mess a b up, that's just how I feel. I use to see the young man, like the news said at his familys restaurant or just walking along the streets minding his business, and some people knew him as a person that talked alot of noise, but he couldn't have said something that bad for them to do what they did. R.I.P. young brother and my justice be served for those cowards that murdered you. Eric Yarbrough and Concon Yarbrough you all want to act bad and take a life, well you all need to do life in prison where you all belong, cause you all aren't in a gang, and to be honest it wasn't gang related, I feel like it was jealousy, cause he was a handsome young man and you all aren't. Go to Miami where he's from and you will see what being in a gang all about.
confused

Helena, GA

#2 Jun 24, 2009
if it wasn't a gang then what was it. the news even said that. then last nite they said there was a shooting and a young boy died and they had a bomb threat.
As I see em

Canton, GA

#3 Jun 24, 2009
My Grandmother lived in Arlington and I visited Early growing up- true there's not much down there but I will say that gangs are everywhere. It doesn't matter if it's big or small- kids can go the wrong way anywhere.

I hope they serve justice to the perpetrators. Condolences to the family for their loss.
Daniel

Macon, GA

#4 Jun 24, 2009
If there is a black population in Blakely, there is Gangs
A Mother

Dothan, AL

#5 Jun 24, 2009
I know a close friend of Zay, we have been told that a girl lied and said he slapped her at the party and that is why those menaces killed that young man. I had the pleasure of meeting, and got a chance to know Zay. He was a well mannered young man,and treated people with respect.No one deserves to have their life taken,especially Zay!!! Those.....(I don't know what to call them)...took a very special person,I hope they pay dearly. Also, Zay never exibited any gang activity!!! Condolences to the family. R.I.P. Zay, You are at home now singing with the other Angels.
Derrick

Powder Springs, GA

#6 Jun 24, 2009
I know Xsavier, my sister dated him a while back. And no matter what he did or said, no one deserves to go out like that. Prayers and supports to his family and friends.
Help the Children

Milledgeville, GA

#7 Jun 24, 2009
I am very sadden of what has to take place for all government officials to see that there is something desperately wrong in Blakely, my home town; I love it, I dislike the crime and how the old, young and in between black male and females are treated by law inforcement and all,,,( being bared from Blakley ;Blakely needs help and please children try Jesus. There is a lot of work to be done from the ground up, these kids need mentors and a leg up all you christians soldiers instead of comdemning, try helping, because it can easily be your child, brother, father who knows, help these kids in Early County
CONFUSED

Helena, GA

#8 Jun 24, 2009
it's not just the black that's mistreated by law enforcment. If all these would find God in their heart things would be better. dont just blame the law emforcement. It's the parents and how they teach their kids.
Concerned Citizen

Ashburn, GA

#9 Jun 24, 2009
I know that this is a sad moment, but nobody needs to be pointing fingers! If you weren't there to know what really happened!Everyone is going by what someone told them or what they heard. You never know what lifestyle these young people are living.Just leave it alone and let the law enforcement handle it the best way they can. If they need anyone's help I'm pretty sure they will love to hear your side of the story.But then again they don't want to know about what you heard they want to know what you saw.Nobody knew that things would go so far and it's more people families that is hurting also.And then again the age group of the fight does not even match up.The news is saying that there was people aging from 15 to 25! Well that right there shouldn't even be happening.That's like a teen girl's big sister who is 25 and her sister tells her that some girl won't leave her alone and always picking fights.Well if that big sister goes to that 15 yrr. old that is jail time.So please let's stop pointing fingers.Really the one's that know nothing about what all happened.My prayers go out to Zay's family.He will be missed
Earthangel171

United States

#10 Jun 25, 2009
I lived in Blakely and this is sad. Those kids are wanna be gang members. They need to send their juvenile misled butts to Miami or New York so they can experience real gang hood and stop the violence. RIP YOUNG MAN. GOD IS YOUR JUDGE AND PEACE MAKER. LET GOD HANDLE THIS PEOPLE AND STOP THE VIOLENCE. WE NEED TO PRAY FOR OUR YOUTH B/C THIS IS JUST SAD.
cory sol

Saint Augustine, FL

#11 Jun 26, 2009
this is crazy,how can my home town that i love get so violent. i was thinking bout moving back. hell i might as well stay my black ass in atlanta!
CONFUSED

Hawkinsville, GA

#12 Jun 27, 2009
it's not just blakely. every place is violent in some way shape or form.
unhappy

Kittanning, PA

#13 Jun 28, 2009
Blakely has nothing for the kids to do so trouble is going to happen more offten then not.I know this family and they are all good people I would see Zay walking down our street talking on his cell phone and he would always say hey to me he will be missed greatly. Those that did this to him will get ther upcomings. We all know from when we wher kid if you don't have something to do trouble happens but this was to much. Blakely needs to get something even if it's a movie theater to give all of us something to do.
Alexsandra

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#14 Jun 30, 2009
Zay was my favorite cousin . i love him so much . he will always be in my heart ='(! & 4 those who have anythin' 2 do w/his murder , lmao yall qot somethin' comin'.

- alexsandra [[ death before dishonor ]] r.i.p zay
OnTopOfIt --

Fort Benning, GA

#15 Jul 15, 2009
Hotwoman wrote:
I am a resident of Blakely, Georgia, and I know that there aren't any real gangs in that small ass town. Unless there are some wanna be gang members, and I think they are cowards. The guys that killed that young man, just want to go for bad, but they asses will see what being bad is all about, when they get what they deserve. I didn't know that young man, but I do know that he didn't deserve what they did to him. If he was a son, brother, cousin, or anything related to me all I know I would be ready to mess a b up, that's just how I feel. I use to see the young man, like the news said at his familys restaurant or just walking along the streets minding his business, and some people knew him as a person that talked alot of noise, but he couldn't have said something that bad for them to do what they did. R.I.P. young brother and my justice be served for those cowards that murdered you. Eric Yarbrough and Concon Yarbrough you all want to act bad and take a life, well you all need to do life in prison where you all belong, cause you all aren't in a gang, and to be honest it wasn't gang related, I feel like it was jealousy, cause he was a handsome young man and you all aren't. Go to Miami where he's from and you will see what being in a gang all about.
People should not comment on things they have no idea on. Eric and Con Con were very bright kids. Did you know that Con Con has a scholarship to attend college very soon. Now how many gang members get scholarships to go to college. These two young men are only affliated with the gang call "Family". Now it does not take a genius to look up the meaning. These kids were only going out to have a good time and they were attacked. Now if someone got hurt it was not from the side that was being attacked it was from the side that was doing the attacking!!!!! He was the gang member. "You live by the sword you die by the sword"

Since: Oct 08

United States

#16 Jul 15, 2009
Thought I don't know any of them. It always a tragedy when someone dies young. My condolences....
pissed off

Moultrie, GA

#17 Jul 15, 2009
OnTopOfIt -- wrote:
<quoted text>
People should not comment on things they have no idea on. Eric and Con Con were very bright kids. Did you know that Con Con has a scholarship to attend college very soon. Now how many gang members get scholarships to go to college. These two young men are only affliated with the gang call "Family". Now it does not take a genius to look up the meaning. These kids were only going out to have a good time and they were attacked. Now if someone got hurt it was not from the side that was being attacked it was from the side that was doing the attacking!!!!! He was the gang member. "You live by the sword you die by the sword"
Hey butthole no one really knows what happened and why. unless your dumb butt was there and can witness what accured, keep your comments to yourself or Tell it to someone who wants to hear it. as far as that scholorship Concon had you need to refrase that." he had a scholorship". He should of thought about that before he became a murderer... I'm gald that justice is being served.This is just the beginning.and as for your advice"you live by the sword, you die by the sword" taste nasty when you eat off your own words. However get ready to swollow bigger things. Miss KNOW IT ALL BUT DON'T KNOW NOTHING.....
CrazyInAlabama

Moultrie, GA

#18 Jul 15, 2009
Everyone here who is saying bad things about Zay, remember he is deceased. You should never speak ill of the dead, it is very disrespectful. No one but him and those boys know exactly what happened, so just leave well enough alone and let the boy rest in peace. What's done is done and it can't be taken back. Maybe those boys have shown remorse and asked forgiveness. They are human just like the rest of us, and they make mistakes. So judge not lest ye be judged. Let God be the judge of these boys, not us.
BrOkEnHeArTeD

Opa Locka, FL

#19 Jul 16, 2009
Everybody is human and do make mistakes but this happened not by a mistake but by choice. Those boys had a choice not to take Zay's life. But they chose to. As far as how a gang member can have a scholarship well sweetie anybody can get one just like a homeless person can graduate from highschool. If his gang was his family they would have known that they had problems and sent them to get psychiatric help(which most likely wouldn't help)because it takes alot to murder someone especially a full spirited person like Zay.
unique

Chanhassen, MN

#20 Jul 17, 2009
I have lost a 19yr old brother da same way and it was a very awful thing. My brother had just graduated from highschool was attending the technical college and had a great paying job. But one day on vacation he was jumped by 10-15 gang members a mixture of men and girls ages ranging 15-25. All about a girl who said he hit her too. So whether the boy that died was a bad person or good no one deserves to be beaten to death. But I thank God that all was charged as an adult and the maximum sentence, some got life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Early County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
matt justice & family (Jul '10) May '15 jd murk 7
News People concerned over possible post office shut... (Dec '11) Dec '11 Carmen 5
White People (Aug '10) Jul '11 EvolvedHomoSapien 5
News Confederate flag vote would settle issue (Mar '11) Mar '11 oppinionated one 1
News Argument over man sends woman to hospital (Oct '09) Sep '10 WHAT 10
Get Food Stamps, Get Drug Tested (Aug '10) Aug '10 truth-teller 1
News Proposed coal-fired plant in Early gets state's... (Jan '08) Jul '10 left -early- 9
More from around the web