Game Over for Duval County 8-Liners

Game Over for Duval County 8-Liners

There are 136 comments on the KIII story from Sep 10, 2012, titled Game Over for Duval County 8-Liners. In it, KIII reports that:

It looks like the party is over for 8-liner Game Room operators in Duval County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KIII.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#22 Sep 12, 2012
pos wrote:
<quoted text>pos dejalo lol...y so mad? were u left out in there partnership...gotta make a living somehow lmao
Making a living is good but not at the cost of my kids school, my city's well being, or tax payers. When taxes go up its because of places like these that aren't paying their fair share.
pos

Corpus Christi, TX

#23 Sep 12, 2012
Guess it back to being repo guys, they make their money that way too. Go after big timers this time, the lil guys dnt have money or cars for you to sell.
tell it like it is

Bishop, TX

#24 Sep 12, 2012
yes wrote:
No, but if its SSI, they will losetheir checks if caught there. Sadly I don't have my grandparents. You must own a gameroom.
you are so pathitic ssi what the hell do you know not everyone lives on this and besides what makes you think this is the only money they have. no one can prove what money they spend i give my family money to go and enjoy themselves. no i dont own a game room but ill tell you something i thank them that have them because this has brought alot of life to many elderly that were just giving up by staying home and doing nothing. lets hope you are lucky and get to be old lets see how you will like people telling you how to use your money.
yes

Corpus Christi, TX

#25 Sep 12, 2012
Aye, I think u want me to shut up and not bring up names. Huh..
yes

Corpus Christi, TX

#26 Sep 12, 2012
Whatever happen to the chalupa games at the civic center, just as much fun and cheaper.
tell it like it is

Bishop, TX

#27 Sep 12, 2012
Bout time wrote:
Lets see what the loozer owners are going to do now since all they know is the game room lifestyle. Now there going to be looking like crazy to see what town there going to set up at now greedy people rigging up machines and not helping the kids that are being neglected while parents and owners are at the game room it's about time !
i dont see them as loozers i see them as movers loozers are the ones out there stealing cause they know no way to make a living,look around and you will see rigging up everywhere, just look at the price of gas, look a the price of a loaf of bread in one store than check it out in another store and it is less or more what do you call that. and that is in everything. look at the county you live in what is there for the kids, or do you really look around. why doint you look at neglected kids that parents are ivolved in drinking and drugs what do they do when they get home but argue and heaven only knows what else, and kids are seeing this, at least a game room they come home in full senses. even when there was no game rooms look around and see how so many kids are and have been neglected and still what do you and all the people around do to help out. nothing nothing nothing for kids not even a pool this summer how sad this is not just the school that is responsibe for the pool it should be the city county and community. lets really talk about kids there is alot more. look at all the money raising projects that go around in this town where are the people like you that are so conserned making money raising projects for kids again nothin nothing nothing. if it wernt for volunteer parents we wouldnt even have leagues for kids. no boys girl club again nothing nothing nothing. lets keep talking kids are the leaders of our future and what do we teach them as being concerned for there growing up days we as a whole do nothing. i have been blessed to take my kids other places as they have grown but not all kids have this chance. why dont you ask people from game rooms to help i bet they would. i know years ago game rooms would sponsor many different events for kids the city and other projects. at least they would leave money behind. who gives now.
tell it like it is

Bishop, TX

#28 Sep 12, 2012
yes wrote:
Aye, I think u want me to shut up and not bring up names. Huh..
do what makes you feel good its like they say if u cant stand up for the good in anything than look around and you will see how really bad it is on the other side. its your opinion and i except it but speak of your money not someone elses and how they should spend it.just take care of your pocket and dont worry about others
tell it like it is

Bishop, TX

#29 Sep 12, 2012
yes wrote:
Whatever happen to the chalupa games at the civic center, just as much fun and cheaper.
gambling is gambling makes no difference what the price is dont go against what you just said. has anyone told you that many dont even like it there but they go cause there is no where else
yes

Corpus Christi, TX

#30 Sep 12, 2012
I am talking bout my money, been there and done that. Only thing I win is a snack.
tell it like it is

Bishop, TX

#31 Sep 12, 2012
saying wrote:
Its a DEMOCRACY & EVRY1 has the right 2 spend their $$$ as they see fit! Why would it matter 2 me how those elderly spend their check? EXACTLY!, it DOESNT. its only a matter of time b4 some1 opens a new 1 out in the woods, down a secluded back road when these get closed down, u watch.. Oh well...
i complament you very well said as long as they dont touch your pocket everyone has a right to do as they please. i feel this way especially about the elderly they have earned there right. god only knows if we will even get to be old. life is so different now, so enjoy what you have now its here today gone tomorrow rich or poor it goes the same way.
tell it like it is

Bishop, TX

#32 Sep 12, 2012
yes wrote:
I am talking bout my money, been there and done that. Only thing I win is a snack.
at least you got something, other places you get nothing. like beer what do you get other than a fast stop to the rr.im sure you mean well but let the old get older in doing what they like life is short.
lmao

Corpus Christi, TX

#33 Sep 12, 2012
You all sound like junkies.
tell it like it is

Bishop, TX

#34 Sep 12, 2012
wickedtruth wrote:
Gamerooms r not illegal, the exchangement of cash is the illegal part people! Get it through ur thick f*kn skulls! I'm sure a lot of the game rooms will stay open and just start giving big prizes. San patricio county has game rooms on every block so plz people its not impossible there is a good way to handle the closings. Did u ever think that a lot of people come from all over to duval county to play. That means they stop here to gas up or to buy something to eat for the road, the closings r going to affect everyone all business. Oh and how about the employment that these game rooms have brought to duval co. A lot of people are going to b with out a job and back to struggling! If people get addicted or gamerooms get robbed, it could hapen any where. People get addicted to pills, drugs, scratchoffs! Instead of robbing the gameroom a store or restaurant would have been robbed! Sh*t happens people get over it already!
you go very well said. this affects so many jobs, businesses and even a lot of peace of mind. i hope the county can move as fast on giving all there community people that will have no job a job, just as fast as they moved it making this dicision. i cant believe we have such fast actions moved on like this. i wish they would make a fast dicision like this in fixing the streets. lets get on it county move on it you have some extra cash spend it on kids or streets. you say you can be without this incoming cash you have received well if so well off fix the streets. not mad just disappointed on how fast you move when you want .
tell it like it is

Bishop, TX

#35 Sep 12, 2012
lmao wrote:
You all sound like junkies.
they say junkies identify junkies good job i clap my hands for you.
oh yah

Bishop, TX

#36 Sep 12, 2012
voter wrote:
<quoted text>speak for yourself, it took him long enough.
youe one vote hurt many many others
lmao

Corpus Christi, TX

#37 Sep 12, 2012
tell it like it is wrote:
<quoted text>they say junkies identify junkies good job i clap my hands for you.
jaja hope u shit on ur hand first. U gotta b and owner or part of the crooks that steal money. Theses machines take in way more than they put out. Nice try though.
lol

United States

#38 Sep 12, 2012
mommy555_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Making a living is good but not at the cost of my kids school, my city's well being, or tax payers. When taxes go up its because of places like these that aren't paying their fair share.
is that all u do all day just preach omg nun get a life u pathetic
Stfu

United States

#39 Sep 12, 2012
yes wrote:
Drugs also just as addicting, I can tell you may need rehab. Old people should not be spending their money there and getting ripped off.
what u should do is leave ur two cents out cuz many ppl need to work to support there kids especially when theres not many jobs out there. Im one of those and i aint sayiny who i am im just saying that it is boring around this town aint crab to do and i agree that they shouldnt close da gamerooms. People like going there to relax and thats a good entertainment for most of us that like gojng to gamerooms....
Stfu

United States

#40 Sep 12, 2012
wickedtruth wrote:
Gamerooms r not illegal, the exchangement of cash is the illegal part people! Get it through ur thick f*kn skulls! I'm sure a lot of the game rooms will stay open and just start giving big prizes. San patricio county has game rooms on every block so plz people its not impossible there is a good way to handle the closings. Did u ever think that a lot of people come from all over to duval county to play. That means they stop here to gas up or to buy something to eat for the road, the closinlogs r going to affect everyone all business. Oh and how about the employment that these game rooms have brought to duval co. A lot of people are going to b with out a job and back to struggling! If people get addicted or gamerooms get robbed, it could hapen any where. People get addicted to pills, drugs, scratchoffs! Instead of robbing the gameroom a store or restaurant would have been robbed! Sh*t happens people get over it already!
oh hell yea,i agree with u 100%
too bad

Corpus Christi, TX

#41 Sep 12, 2012
Hope they get raided, then you will understand that its illegal. Damn you all are really hooked on gambling.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Duval County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Joe Cortez Apr 6 Barbie 1
survey for school (Oct '15) Oct '15 NOAH255 1
Ashley R Adami (Jul '15) Aug '15 Gotcha 2
News this story a-o (Mar '15) Mar '15 ok 1
lights n sirens (Sep '14) Sep '14 littlejoe 1
News Texas Rangers, the Parrs clash inside JWC Court... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Interesting 1
News Juvenile arrested for unauthorized use of a veh... (Oct '13) Oct '13 yoyo 2
More from around the web