Game Over for Duval County 8-Liners

Sep 10, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KIII

It looks like the party is over for 8-liner Game Room operators in Duval County.

Comments
1 - 20 of 136 Comments Last updated Oct 30, 2012
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
yes

Corpus Christi, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2012

Bout time.
tell it like it is

Bishop, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2012

Judged:

yes wrote:
Bout time.
you should say that about drugs in duval, how sad that punishment came upon several people that have nothing to do in this town but sit and relax with there own money,in a game room. people have worked allthere life and have nothing to do with there hard earned years but enjoy doing what they like. how sad that they came upon a punishment so fast for the game rooms, but the ones that did the wrong have not even been punished properly yet. catching them was not hard many in town new who they were before they caught them. not legual tell;me what is legual coming out of a beer joint and killing innocent people when all the law has to do is go around beer joints and catch them when they leave but oh no i guess this is legual.there are so ;many other areas that could be watched that do cause problems but game room were so peaceful, any place could get hit and have been hit and what can you do shut down every place that gets hit. so illegual but many can go other places and spend the money that could stay in our own town. what is sad is that the older people can not travel to far, and boy do you see alot of elderly there, but then again who cares. i hope the city does allow them to open even though traffic in town is more dangerous, but at least there would be some where to go. and somewhere that you are spending your own money and not bothering anyone, and when leaving you leave sober.
yes

Corpus Christi, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2012

Drugs also just as addicting, I can tell you may need rehab. Old people should not be spending their money there and getting ripped off.
tell it like it is

Bishop, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2012

yes wrote:
Drugs also just as addicting, I can tell you may need rehab. Old people should not be spending their money there and getting ripped off.
that is there business what they do with there money after all there earned money was earned alot harder than the way money is earned now. what makes you judge and jury to say how they should spend there money or are you one that takes from your grandparents and want to control how they spend there money.
yes

Corpus Christi, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2012

No, but if its SSI, they will losetheir checks if caught there. Sadly I don't have my grandparents. You must own a gameroom.
Bout time

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2012

Judged:

Lets see what the loozer owners are going to do now since all they know is the game room lifestyle. Now there going to be looking like crazy to see what town there going to set up at now greedy people rigging up machines and not helping the kids that are being neglected while parents and owners are at the game room it's about time !
To funny

Paige, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2012

Move some where else lol
pos

Alice, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2012

aaa wrote:
Not True. the flamingo will stay open an I bet the Rancho gameroom in Freer. because Abel Aragon gets a certain amount from them he us in partnership with the owners. Wake up people your county judge is a Big Rata he has taken oil an gas wells from old people. He has taken horses an feed from people who own horses. An now he is taking money from the game rooms. no brinca charco sin Guarache. He is getting some of the profit.
pos dejalo lol...y so mad? were u left out in there partnership...gotta make a living somehow lmao
joe

Alice, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2012

i wish they would close the ones in falfurrias
saying

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2012

Judged:

Its a DEMOCRACY & EVRY1 has the right 2 spend their $$$ as they see fit! Why would it matter 2 me how those elderly spend their check? EXACTLY!, it DOESNT. its only a matter of time b4 some1 opens a new 1 out in the woods, down a secluded back road when these get closed down, u watch.. Oh well...
boss hog

Corpus Christi, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2012

They all need to get punished, the ones that are here to serve and protect us are the crooks. Internal investigations are needed really bad in this county.
SanDiegoSheriff Supporter

Corpus Christi, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2012

tell it like it is wrote:
<quoted text>you should say that about drugs in duval, how sad that punishment came upon several people that have nothing to do in this town but sit and relax with there own money,in a game room. people have worked allthere life and have nothing to do with there hard earned years but enjoy doing what they like. how sad that they came upon a punishment so fast for the game rooms, but the ones that did the wrong have not even been punished properly yet. catching them was not hard many in town new who they were before they caught them. not legual tell;me what is legual coming out of a beer joint and killing innocent people when all the law has to do is go around beer joints and catch them when they leave but oh no i guess this is legual.there are so ;many other areas that could be watched that do cause problems but game room were so peaceful, any place could get hit and have been hit and what can you do shut down every place that gets hit. so illegual but many can go other places and spend the money that could stay in our own town. what is sad is that the older people can not travel to far, and boy do you see alot of elderly there, but then again who cares. i hope the city does allow them to open even though traffic in town is more dangerous, but at least there would be some where to go. and somewhere that you are spending your own money and not bothering anyone, and when leaving you leave sober.
Who said game rooms are quiet. Go sit at the sheriff's office and find out how many call outs to these game rooms. Game rooms are not being punished just follow the law and the police wont' close you down. What money stays in town all the business bring food and drinks so the people don't have to go to town to spend there money. The owners are getting your money not the town. Cant understand why people are so ignorant, DAMN IF YOU DO OR DAMN IF YOU DONT> If they Leave the game rooms open people complain that elderly are loosing all there money. But when shit hits the fan and somenoe gets hurt than damn u sheriff for leaving them open you knew they were illegal. Quien Les Entiende.
wickedtruth

Ville Platte, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2012

Judged:

Gamerooms r not illegal, the exchangement of cash is the illegal part people! Get it through ur thick f*kn skulls! I'm sure a lot of the game rooms will stay open and just start giving big prizes. San patricio county has game rooms on every block so plz people its not impossible there is a good way to handle the closings. Did u ever think that a lot of people come from all over to duval county to play. That means they stop here to gas up or to buy something to eat for the road, the closings r going to affect everyone all business. Oh and how about the employment that these game rooms have brought to duval co. A lot of people are going to b with out a job and back to struggling! If people get addicted or gamerooms get robbed, it could hapen any where. People get addicted to pills, drugs, scratchoffs! Instead of robbing the gameroom a store or restaurant would have been robbed! Sh*t happens people get over it already!
to bad

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

Judged:

wickedtruth wrote:
Gamerooms r not illegal, the exchangement of cash is the illegal part people! Get it through ur thick f*kn skulls! I'm sure a lot of the game rooms will stay open and just start giving big prizes. San patricio county has game rooms on every block so plz people its not impossible there is a good way to handle the closings. Did u ever think that a lot of people come from all over to duval county to play. That means they stop here to gas up or to buy something to eat for the road, the closings r going to affect everyone all business. Oh and how about the employment that these game rooms have brought to duval co. A lot of people are going to b with out a job and back to struggling! If people get addicted or gamerooms get robbed, it could hapen any where. People get addicted to pills, drugs, scratchoffs! Instead of robbing the gameroom a store or restaurant would have been robbed! Sh*t happens people get over it already!
its over the GAMEROOMS r to be shut down by the SHERIFF of duval county enough is enough its about time the LAW is in our FACE to remind us that is illegal like all other things. u all r ADDICTS n Shit happens n its going to continue to happen its not going to get better its the SHERIFF duty to shut them down for the SAFETY of the PLAYERS. if u all dont see it u have a serious problem cause with all this shit that happen everybody is in danger n what r the game owners or the players going to do close doors it will be to late. so the SHERIFF did the right thing in letting the GAMEROOM owners that they had to SHUT DOWN. All the money hunger OWNERS have to do is move to another county simple as that n if u want u jobs why bragg just go to it like everybody else that go to there jobs. primero no avilla nada de pinche GAMEROOMS y todo estava bien ora que pinche pedo its over n thats the end to it people get it to ur thick skull the end GOOD BYE a chingar en otra parte........
player

Plano, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

Judged:

Why don't they keep them open and give Walmart gift cards, HEB gift cards etc.
A few years back, when there were machines across hwy. From Super S, they would give $300-$600 gift Cards to Walmart and to HEB. I remember winning $600 to walmart before black Friday. Man it was perfect cuz I did all my christmas shopping with it.
yyuuuuppp

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

Judged:

player wrote:
Why don't they keep them open and give Walmart gift cards, HEB gift cards etc.
A few years back, when there were machines across hwy. From Super S, they would give $300-$600 gift Cards to Walmart and to HEB. I remember winning $600 to walmart before black Friday. Man it was perfect cuz I did all my christmas shopping with it.
bet that's going to happen
noel

Alice, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

to bad wrote:
<quoted text> its over the GAMEROOMS r to be shut down by the SHERIFF of duval county enough is enough its about time the LAW is in our FACE to remind us that is illegal like all other things. u all r ADDICTS n Shit happens n its going to continue to happen its not going to get better its the SHERIFF duty to shut them down for the SAFETY of the PLAYERS. if u all dont see it u have a serious problem cause with all this shit that happen everybody is in danger n what r the game owners or the players going to do close doors it will be to late. so the SHERIFF did the right thing in letting the GAMEROOM owners that they had to SHUT DOWN. All the money hunger OWNERS have to do is move to another county simple as that n if u want u jobs why bragg just go to it like everybody else that go to there jobs. primero no avilla nada de pinche GAMEROOMS y todo estava bien ora que pinche pedo its over n thats the end to it people get it to ur thick skull the end GOOD BYE a chingar en otra parte........
I couldnt have said it better!
noel

Alice, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

Good Job Sheriff! you took an oath, and you are doing the right thing! we are proud of you!
voter

Corpus Christi, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

noel wrote:
Good Job Sheriff! you took an oath, and you are doing the right thing! we are proud of you!
speak for yourself, it took him long enough.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 12, 2012

I hope that the owners get hit where it hurts...their wallet, their freedom. It is illegal to gamble in undesignated places. The money these places are making is not being taxed. That is money that can help fix roads or go into the school system or hire more police, so that they can catch those drunk drivers someone was complaining about. It takes money away from the city. It needs it to survive. I don't care how much fun it is, nothing in life is free. What have these game rooms cost the town???

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Duval County Discussions

Search the Duval County Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Texas Rangers, the Parrs clash inside JWC Court... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Interesting 1
Juvenile arrested for unauthorized use of a veh... (Oct '13) Oct '13 yoyo 2
Oil and Gas Report: 09.30.08 (Oct '08) Aug '13 abc 2
'How El Patron changed the course of American H... (Apr '13) Jul '13 cowboy 4
San Diego City Council Votes to Allow 8-Liner G... (Jan '13) Jan '13 honest injun 1
Gamerooms in Duval County Close Up Shop (Oct '12) Oct '12 broken heart 2 2
Shots Fired Over Stolen Vehicle in Jim Wells Co... (Sep '12) Oct '12 BabyMomma 28
•••
•••