Accused drug dealer drowning in 25 ye...

Accused drug dealer drowning in 25 years' worth of debt

There are 1023 comments on the Naperville Sun story from Sep 28, 2006, titled Accused drug dealer drowning in 25 years' worth of debt. In it, Naperville Sun reports that:

News of Naperville resident Michael Robert Vilim's arrest this week for trying to sell $1 million worth of cocaine to undercover police came as no shock to a one-time associate.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Naperville Sun.

First Prev
of 52
Next Last
Rod

AOL

#1 Oct 2, 2006
As once a long-term friend of Mike and his family. I now find myself as so many others a $30k victim of his greed and willingness to openly ripped off even people he noted as a good friend. I find it so hard to believe that a father of (4) wonderful daughters. Would even think of putting drugs on the street that has no other end result but to destroy countless families in the long run. Though I feel great sorrow for his daughters and what is to become of them. I hope that Mike truly enjoys the remainder of his wasted life in prison.

A once valued friend
Beth

AOL

#2 Dec 28, 2006
A very close friend of mine was also a long-term friend of Mike and his family and like you lost money to Mike's greed. I often heard my friend comment on his concern for Mike and his family. My friend was shocked to hear of Mike's arrest and cannot forgive him for turning to drug dealing. Does anyone know what Mike's fate is and how his girls are doing?
Rod

AOL

#3 Jan 23, 2007
Beth,

I actually stopped by Mike's house a while back and talked to his wife. Things are not good for her and the kids. The police have impounded their cars, computers and froze what little money they had in various bank accounts. I just feel so bad for his four girls.

I still have a strong suspection that Mike's wife knows more than what she'll willing to share, but I'm sure you're friend is aware of her personally and how she deals with others. At the time I talked to her. Mike was still in jail and they were looking to see if they could reduce his $3 million-dollar bail. Like that would help. I will you abreast of any delevopments that I run across.
Sam

AOL

#4 Jan 24, 2007
Mike also took me and many others in a recent options trade scam.He appeared to be a great broker who worked out of his house.He was very kind to my family.I thought I had street sense,he is an amazing con man.
Rumor is he is (was) building a 1 million plus home in Naperville.He showed me and others the house and had keys to the gate.Construction halted for about 5 months or so and has began again.
I,also,feal sorry for the girls,but they always had the best of things.
So either Mike used the money he scammed from people to keep his house hold running, or bought and turned drugs.The money he scammed recently that I was told about totalled well over $400k.
Looks like it is time for the older girls and Mike's wife to get jobs to start paying back the people they scammed.
He single handly hurt a lot of people including his family.
Bruce

Plainfield, IL

#6 Jan 28, 2007
Mike is a very bad person, a scam artist and unbenknownst to me a drug dealer as well. He has no respect for anyone and will been ripping people off since he was in H.S. which he has obviously grown and crafted over the years leaving a path of destruction in his wake. He hid behind attorneys, his wife, kids, father, mother, brother, etc., as he was taking advantage of innocent people. I am one of those victims and lost a lot of money getting mixed up with him. I know a handful of others that suffered from contact with him as well. I was a friend of the family a long time ago. He truly is a cancer to society, himself and his family. His wife must have known what he was doing as the babe in the woods routine doesn't hold water. That whole Naperville family b.s. was just that. A big front/facade. He deserves to rot in jail and that still isn't enough as he should have to pay back everyone he ever wronged. I am sorry for his daughters as they are innocent victims. Last I heard, their house is in foreclosure with liens totalling $450K+ and home value of $350K. Those liens don't even include all the money he has scammed from a lot of other people that didn't pursue him in court, etc. He tried to refi it a long time ago with no luck. I can't believe he was building a $1MM home in Naperville. All of thier possessions were loaned to the max and then some. At this point, since teh cars, computers, money have been frozen, I would think the house would be taken by the gov't as who knows what was financed with drug money. He is still in Will Cty Jail awaiting sentancing. I hope he gets the maximum term as he will get out and hurt more people again b/c that is his nature.
Sam

AOL

#7 Jan 29, 2007
712 hillside dr.His kids raved about it.
unknown user

Naperville, IL

#8 Jan 30, 2007
You are so wronge this man is incredible he was a wonderful father and always be there supporting his family you dont know what a great father he is to his kids and he did nothing for people to treat him like garbage if you were in his families situation you would understand how hard it is. But your not, no one should ever say anything to a man who has done so well for his kids and no one ealse loves his family the way that he does

Since: Jan 07

Plainfield, IL

#9 Jan 30, 2007
What a good tax paying, family guy. I hope that somehow people screwed by this guy can recoup their losses from him or his family by forcing sale or liens on this Hillside home. Who knows in what fashion that home was purchased (LLC, etc.). The FEDS/IRS may come in and take this house along with the other home.

Plainfield, IL

#10 Jan 31, 2007
You are either his wife or family member and obviously have absolutely no clue what you are talking about. This man is a bad man. What he does or did for a living is despicable. He sold cocaine and who do you think uses that stuff? Kids/families are destroyed by this drug. He also screwed over and conned a lot of people out of a lot of money. BTW, my sources tell me the home he was building was worth $2MM not $1MM and it was being built for CASH. Where do you think he got all that money do buy that home? Wake up whomever you are.

Plainfield, IL

#11 Jan 31, 2007
$3MM bail is not high enough. This guy is behind bars for a reason. Innocent people don't go to jail. He has been in there for 4 months and counting and hasn't even been sentenced yet. How can you say this guy is a good husband and father when he knowingly put himself and his family in harms way? To top it off he was carelessly ruining other peoples lives in the process.
Antknee AOL

AOL

#12 Jan 31, 2007
I knew Mike also and yes he got me for a large some of money. Bruce I think I know you if you went to H.S. with him. Do you happen to work for a cement co. if so respond I would like to talk to you.
Bruce

Plainfield, IL

#13 Jan 31, 2007
Sorry to hear you were victimized as well. I didn't go to H.S. with him, but have a mutual contact that did and said he was bad news even back then.
Antknee AOL

AOL

#14 Jan 31, 2007
OK Bruce,thanks for that info.Was that contact victimized as well
Bruce

Plainfield, IL

#15 Jan 31, 2007
That person was fortunate, knew there was trouble on the horizon and steered clear. FYI, pre-trial has been continued several times. Date is now 3/1/07. The house will be sold in a sheriff's sale or auction very soon. It is possible that the Feds may come in and take it first.
Sam

AOL

#16 Feb 1, 2007
Bruce,I thank you for your updates.As I outlined previously I was a victim of Vilim's greed.
Do you know who is requesting the continuance ?
I heard Mike's defense is he was set-up. I also heard they found drugs in his parent's house.Can you substanuate any of these rumor's.Thank you Bruce.I amazed how his progress stays out of the paper.
Bruce

Plainfield, IL

#17 Feb 1, 2007
My pleasure on the updates. I am learning much from this as well. We should all form a victim's group one of these days. Anyways, I haven't heard anything about his bust defense on being a set up. That is a load of crap. You cannot believe a word that comes out of that guy's mouth as we have all found out the hard way. Also, think about it. Who is going to set him up with 900 grams of cocaine? That is a lot of cocaine, risk and money to lose just to set him up. It all makes sense now with the drug bust and the $2MM cash home he was building. That had to be financed by drugs. I am sure that is just the tip of the iceberg. He isn't that good of a con to get that much money. As for his parents being set up, that doesn't make any sense either. That is a new one on me. I am sure this story will be picked up in the papers at some point in time. This forum will help gain attention. I am glad this is all coming to the surface to expose this guy once and for all. More interesting info on our character below in this link. Perhaps this attempt at being a boxing manager was a front for his operations.

http://www.pugsboxinggym.com/whats_new.htm
Antknee AOL

AOL

#18 Feb 1, 2007
Im in favorof forming a victims group. I also read that artical about Don King,I mean M. V. I've known Mike for a long time obviously to long but in all the years he never said anything about boxing .I think that was his next ave. for investors , you know bye into the training expence . Then you get part of the purse. This is getting better every day Thanks
unknown user

Naperville, IL

#19 Feb 1, 2007
I find this all really interesting. These sob stories are great. Let me ask you all this...What ever possessed you to give all this money you claim to have given? Was it greed or ignorance? Cause everyone knows that investing is nothing but a gamble. You win some and lose more. It must have been ignorance cause you all are bragging about your stupidity online for all to see. You do need a support group on how to control you greed.
Bruce

Plainfield, IL

#20 Feb 1, 2007
Wow. Lets all give a hand to Unknown in Naperville for those wonderful words and insight. Nice of you to join us. You are some piece of work. Obviously we were all ignorant in dealing with this low life. Your response tells me you are his wife or family member desperately trying to keep the facade alive on how this so-called human being is an innocent player in his cons. I am sure he doesn't sell drugs either. Thank you so much for letting all of us see the error in our ways. It is our greed that did us all in, not Mike purposely screwing everyone out of their money in his oh so special ways. This all makes sense to me now. It isn't his fault, it's our fault. We took the gamble. By the way, how's Mike doing in his new surroundings? He must feel right at home with that crowd. The orange jumper is a good look for him.
Sam

Naperville, IL

#21 Feb 1, 2007
Hi Uknown...Geez Bruce you are quick.
In my case definitely stupidity because,I should have realized that the picture Mike painted was to good to be true.I am not proud of knowing any Vilim because I am beginning to think the whole family new that Mike scammed money.
He portrayed himself as a "broker",there was a
court case which validates and will take you step by step on how Mike did it.
Click here: Scroll right long link.

http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/departments...

You are probably aware of how he did it anyway . I do not believe Mike delt drugs up until now. I think he always fealt he would lose his wife if he did not get her the best.I know for a fact Mike can trade.The problem is he never used his own money,plus he never paid off.The money I gave was never invested it was this years scam,so that money should be in his trading account,guess what.It's not. It probably paid for some of the brick work on the castle he is building. Sadly,Mike turned to selling drugs to get construction moving .Family pressure made Mike a drug dealer.He gave his wife and girls everything. I guess he did not want his to have another affair.That last statement was hear say.
Mike showed me a payout sheet and other potential members of our potential self help group, of over $800k in
late 2005.We were not together we just compared stories,he used the same technique with everyone.
Sadly,he told all his 2005 investors his account was frozen and could not pay them.I did not learn that untill now.
I could go on,but I'll save the good stuff if he is ever tried on fraud.

So if you are his wife,look in a mirror and that will answer the question as to why Mike did what he did.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 52
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dupage County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Grand jury indicts sex offender (Feb '08) Apr '15 sola needs to be ... 23
News Glen Ellyn man back in jail after fighting depu... Apr '15 DrSilicon 1
News Overcharged taxpayers speak out at Bartlett mee... (Oct '14) Oct '14 The Truth 1
Cheese consumption prohibited on College of DuP... (Oct '09) Aug '14 King Chaser 6
News West Chicago Teen Sentenced for Sexually Assaul... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Mr America 3
News 7 Charged in Naperville Drug Ring (Jul '14) Jul '14 Stanley 1
News Four Chicago men among 281 arrested for child p... (Jun '14) Jun '14 slenderman 1
More from around the web